Asheara

Public Asset Database

Greetings Armaholics,
it is my pleasure to announce that we've have updated the asset database on community wiki - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Assets

Except the part, where it was expanded for Malden DLC and Jets DLC assets, there is also new script to generate the "Objects" part, and it was split to several smaller pages to fit. Object features are now generated automatically.

I'll be happy to hear some feedback, especially if there are other things that the community could use - they can always be added! :)

Also, as you see, there are not pictures for everything (and not all might be 100% correct). Therefore I'd like to encourage you to add or update any missing or incorrect pictures. The picture's filename is the object's classname, and it is case sensitive, therefore it might be better to copy the name from the database page itself. Pictures are in jpg format.

Enjoy, and I hope this update will be beneficial to you all.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Asheara said:

Greetings Armaholics,
it is my pleasure to announce that we've have updated the asset database on community wiki - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Assets

Except the part, where it was expanded for Malden DLC and Jets DLC assets, there is also new script to generate the "Objects" part, and it was split to several smaller pages to fit. Object features are now generated automatically.

I'll be happy to hear some feedback, especially if there are other things that the community could use - they can always be added! :)

Also, as you see, there are not pictures for everything (and not all might be 100% correct). Therefore I'd like to encourage you to add or update any missing or incorrect pictures. The picture's filename is the object's classname, and it is case sensitive, therefore it might be better to copy the name from the database page itself. Pictures are in jpg format.

Was looking at this yesterday thinking, "This could use a massive update".. and bam look at what we have here! This is awesome, the colour coding, the images where possible, the DLC images. Just makes it all so much more user friendly and easier to use! Loving it

• Like 2

I think that it would be wonderfull If there are all the preview images

This looks great - will the new functions be able to output in anything other than wiki markup? I used the old one to maintain a classnames spreadsheet for my groups modset but that involved pasting the output into a wiki page and copy-pasting the table into a spreadsheet.

Will you release the function to create the wiki markup please. Nice work :icon14:

Does this mean we can finally mod the uniforms and remove the hood off the dive suit and ghille suit?

6 minutes ago, broduz said:

Does this mean we can finally mod the uniforms and remove the hood off the dive suit and ghille suit?

Not really no. This is more like a web page that lists all the Arma 3 assets.

Anyway, great resource! I've already put it in a good use. :rthumb:

14 hours ago, classic said:

I think that it would be wonderfull If there are all the preview images

That's why I'm encouraging everyone to add them, because unfortunately, the script for creating these isn't perfect.

14 hours ago, gibfender said:

This looks great - will the new functions be able to output in anything other than wiki markup? I used the old one to maintain a classnames spreadsheet for my groups modset but that involved pasting the output into a wiki page and copy-pasting the table into a spreadsheet.

Well, the function has been primarily designed to put out the wiki markup, I didn't really think about anything else, however... the wiki markup syntax has parts of the code making the header at the beginning and then taking all variables and putting them into the wiki markup at the very end, so it should be easy to modify :) However, if there's any help you'd need with this, let me know.

13 hours ago, hascoman said:

Are animations and doors removed?

Yes, they are. As I've been doing sort of overhaul of "features" column i was trying to sift through what was needed, what could be added instead and prevent some features overload (vehicles already have quite a list) and identify what would be more useful things to display. However, as I said, I'm open to feedback - it's community who knows better what do they want or need than I am ;)

12 hours ago, .kju said:

Will you release the function to create the wiki markup please. Nice work :icon14:

Yes, it should be in today's release in devbranch :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asheara said:

Yes, they are. As I've been doing sort of overhaul of "features" column i was trying to sift through what was needed, what could be added instead and prevent some features overload (vehicles already have quite a list) and identify what would be more useful things to display. However, as I said, I'm open to feedback - it's community who knows better what do they want or need than I am ;)

I see, makes sense :) At least everything is up to date now, so great work!

@Asheara great! can you tell the name of the function please

On 5/31/2017 at 4:32 PM, .kju said:

@Asheara great! can you tell the name of the function please

Of course, the function can be found as (BIS_fnc_)exportCfgVehiclesAssetDB :)
The use case of the function in in the comment at the beginning of the function.

• Like 3

Hi, thank you for this work.

Is there something scheduled for making classes more consistent with the expected return of some commands?

Not easy for me to explain that in English. I remark the assets are coming from different native addons: A3_Data_F, A3_Roads_F, A3_Structures_F....

Some of them are "reserved", others are "public", not saying, you can have them embedded or map in edited.... Nothing wrong as far.

But , just focusing on what we call "building", the vocabulary may also vary: structure, building, house....

The problem is the return values of main commands like nearObjects, nearTerrainObjects, nearestObject, allMissionObjects, nearestBuilding... don't work with the same expected classes (or even no classes at all) of objects.

For example, it's totally absurd that each runway edge lights can be returned as houses. With consequence, the nearestBuilding command is one of the most demanding command for CPU load, when it shouldn't. House and building terms are not enough distinctive.

Other problem: did you ever test how many "type names" ("POWER LINES", "HOSPITAL"..) are truly returning something with nearestTerrainObjects, on your native Arma3 maps (Altis,Stratis,Tanoa) ? Not so much..

I guess a probable heritage of former classes coming from the beginning of Arma. But right now, as far as you want to detect some house (I mean something with door and window and roof) you must test the command/function + the parameters which could give you the expected result... and accept, most of the time, a weird array of unwanted objects, just loading the bark for nuts.

Not sure to be as clear as I would like. Please make the commands / functions more predictable in regard of the expected result: house for house (livable), building for anything in concrete,stone,brick... with a static "urban" destination, lamps for any kind of lamps,... no matter with embedded or edited considerations.

(Please replace the comfort of usage at the core of scripting instead of stacking more and more commands to patch some results).

For Arma IV, perhaps?

On 5/30/2017 at 9:31 AM, Asheara said:

I'd like to help the cause but the relevant wiki pages are protected (only Users may edit). The wiki does not appear to have a link to create a new account. I already have a BI account (for the fourums, obviously and for the Store).

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 1:58 AM, pierremgi said:

Hi, thank you for this work.

Is there something scheduled for making classes more consistent with the expected return of some commands?

Not easy for me to explain that in English. I remark the assets are coming from different native addons: A3_Data_F, A3_Roads_F, A3_Structures_F....

Some of them are "reserved", others are "public", not saying, you can have them embedded or map in edited.... Nothing wrong as far.

But , just focusing on what we call "building", the vocabulary may also vary: structure, building, house....

The problem is the return values of main commands like nearObjects, nearTerrainObjects, nearestObject, allMissionObjects, nearestBuilding... don't work with the same expected classes (or even no classes at all) of objects.

For example, it's totally absurd that each runway edge lights can be returned as houses. With consequence, the nearestBuilding command is one of the most demanding command for CPU load, when it shouldn't. House and building terms are not enough distinctive.

Other problem: did you ever test how many "type names" ("POWER LINES", "HOSPITAL"..) are truly returning something with nearestTerrainObjects, on your native Arma3 maps (Altis,Stratis,Tanoa) ? Not so much..

I guess a probable heritage of former classes coming from the beginning of Arma. But right now, as far as you want to detect some house (I mean something with door and window and roof) you must test the command/function + the parameters which could give you the expected result... and accept, most of the time, a weird array of unwanted objects, just loading the bark for nuts.

Not sure to be as clear as I would like. Please make the commands / functions more predictable in regard of the expected result: house for house (livable), building for anything in concrete,stone,brick... with a static "urban" destination, lamps for any kind of lamps,... no matter with embedded or edited considerations.

(Please replace the comfort of usage at the core of scripting instead of stacking more and more commands to patch some results).

For Arma IV, perhaps?

Hey, 
unfortunately, there's nothing that's going to be done about this. I don't know how precisely is the script implemented, however how this works is bit mysterious and would require a lot of reworking. As you said, perhaps in the future :)

On 8/3/2017 at 5:28 PM, panduhh said:

I'd like to help the cause but the relevant wiki pages are protected (only Users may edit). The wiki does not appear to have a link to create a new account. I already have a BI account (for the fourums, obviously and for the Store).

Hello,
glad you're interested! Indeed, there's no link, the accounts are created by dwarden. If you'd like to have an account, write an email to dwarden@bistudio.com, to apply for account on community.bistudio.com and give him the desired username :)
Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 9:31 AM, Asheara said:

Also, as you see, there are not pictures for everything (and not all might be 100% correct). Therefore I'd like to encourage you to add or update any missing or incorrect pictures.

@Asheara

It took a lot longer than I expected to get around to tackling this task but I just finished going through the Arma 3 CfgVehicles WEST page adding in mostly the game file images from the editorpreviews folders. There are some assets that could use the same images as identical assets with different names but the wiki database won't allow sharing and I didn't want to have to change game files. If I counted correctly there are 67 new images in the wiki database now.

There are some errors in the CfgVehicles pages concerning the table code posted. I identified numerous DLC icon errors for Orange DLC and discovered the function output appears to be cutoff on all 4 of the CfgVehicles pages to prevent the last entry on each page from having the correct table code. I made a task in the Feedback Tracker detailing my discovery.

I will continue the work on the remaining pages soon.

• Like 3