Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ryan

Airstrips on island maps

Why do runways never appear on maps,i know where the airports are,but its hard to place planes exactly on the runway cause its not on the map,otherwise i can see roads,buildings,forests,etc

confused.gif

If you have v1.75 or higher, you can turn on textures in the editor, making it very simple to do so. If you are running a pre-Resistance version, you will just have to place a player unit next to the plane and keep previewing, aborting, adjusting, until the plane is right. After a while you get the hang of it. A trick is to give your player unit another unit in the group so you can use the command view to get a better view of things.

if you have resistance theres a new button which if clicked shows the terrain...ie runways etc and the type of terrain...desert, mountain, grass and so on

And Ryan, use some common sense. Every question you have stop immediatly coming here. It hardly takes any problem solving skill to figure this stuff out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Nov. 10 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you have resistance theres a new button which if clicked shows the terrain...ie runways etc and the type of terrain...desert, mountain, grass and so on<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah! It makes life one hell of a lot easier, even though I love previewing biggrin.gif. Ryan do you have 1.46confused.gif If so get some cash and BUY RESISTANCE biggrin.gif

i have resitance,but with my gforce 2 mx 200 ,192mb sdram and athlon 1 ghz resistance runs slowly

I suspect that it runs slow for reasons other than your hardware since my P3 667, TNT2, 256mb SDRAM runs it fine...

This is seems to turn more into video-tweaking and hardware-resources.

I think TS is the proper place for this thread smile.gif

*moving to ts

Main Prefs:

D3d, 640X480x32

Advanced:

Total Mem: 256mb

Heaps: 16mb (both)

Geo Perf.: 1200

Max Lights: Full

All Additional lights

Textures Cockpits: 64

Objects: 256

Land: 128

SFX: 64

Drop Down: 8x

Max Objects: Full

Obj LOD: 0.019

Shadow LOD: 0.050

IN-GAME

Frame Rate: 20

LOD: 9.21

Landscape Detail: Low

That's all I can remember off hand. With that everything runs well, except if there are too many units (like that Official BIS mission that says "You need a 1GHz machine to run this". They're not kidding!!!wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Hope that helps....