doc. caliban

Getting a UVG to patro - is that even possible?

I want to add a UVG in the editor and have it patrol an area.  Everything I've tried has resulted in nothing more than it moving a few feet and then stopping, refusing to ever move again.

If I place it empty (no ai) and then place a human driver in it, it will work.  But I can't add a human gunner because they will just appear as someone standing in the "passenger" seat, and the thing won't move.

I took a month break from the game because some of this was so frustrating.  I'm an hour into putting together a new mission and ran into this.  Maybe I need two months off.

-Doc

I have tried giving waypoints to a Stomper.   No possible.  You have to control it from the screen or else drive it like a car.

Well, crud.  My intention was to have an OPFOR UGV patrolling at the start of the mission.  Thank you for the confirmation though!

I'm getting an itchy uninstall finger.  Fk this game, really.  So tired of shit like this at every single turn when making missions.  Sigh.

Figured out a (typically BS) workaround:

Place the CSAT UGV.

Give myself a CSAT UAV terminal.

Switch my side with [player] joinSilent createGroup west (from within zeus, via a trigger, whatever)

Now I can open the CSAT UAV terminal and set a bunch of waypoints for the UGV.

Switch my side back to west.

UGV SAIF RCWS works fine with move + cycle waypoints on Altis vanilla Arma. tested on Altis airport w/wo enemy units.