Haymaker

Event Handler for Civ killed by BluFor

Added to COS with a few other scripts, however, the eventhandler just does nothing. Any help is appreciated.

See "//EVENT HANDLER TO TRACK DEAD CIVILIANS".

Spoiler

/*
Add Script to individual units spawned by COS.
_unit = unit. Refer to Unit as _unit.
*/

_unit =(_this select 0);

//THIS FINDS OUT WHAT MAP IS RUNNING AND WHAT SET OF HOUSES TO CHECK FOR
//MAPS SUPPORTED: Stratis, Altis, Tanoa, Takistan, Zargabad, and Chernarus
//You can easily add more maps to list by adjusting examples below
if(isServer)then{
switch(worldName)do{
case "Stratis":{//IF map is Stratis = Altis/Stratis Houses
nH_List=["Land_CarService_F","Land_Chapel_Small_V1_F","Land_Chapel_Small_V2_F","Land_Chapel_V1_F","Land_Chapel_V2_F","Land_d_Stone_Shed_V1_F","Land_FuelStation_Build_F","Land_FuelStation_Shed_F","Land_Hospital_main_F","Land_Hospital_side1_F","Land_Hospital_side2_F","Land_i_Addon_02_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_03mid_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_03_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_04_V1_F","Land_i_Barracks_V1_F","Land_i_Barracks_V2_F","Land_i_Garage_V1_F","Land_i_Garage_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F","Land_i_Shed_Ind_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V1_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V3_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V1_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V2_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V3_F","Land_Metal_Shed_F","Land_MilOffices_V1_F","Land_Offices_01_V1_F","Land_Slum_House01_F","Land_Slum_House02_F","Land_Slum_House03_F","Land_Unfinished_Building_01_F","Land_Unfinished_Building_02_F","Land_u_Addon_01_V1_F","Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F","Land_u_Barracks_V2_F","Land_u_House_Big_01_V1_F","Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F","Land_u_House_Small_01_V1_F","Land_u_House_Small_02_V1_F","Land_u_Shed_Ind_F","Land_u_Shop_01_V1_F","Land_u_Shop_02_V1_F","Land_WIP_F"];
};

case "Altis":{//IF MAP IS ALTIS = Altis/Stratis Houses
nH_List=["Land_CarService_F","Land_Chapel_Small_V1_F","Land_Chapel_Small_V2_F","Land_Chapel_V1_F","Land_Chapel_V2_F","Land_d_Stone_Shed_V1_F","Land_FuelStation_Build_F","Land_FuelStation_Shed_F","Land_Hospital_main_F","Land_Hospital_side1_F","Land_Hospital_side2_F","Land_i_Addon_02_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_03mid_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_03_V1_F","Land_i_Addon_04_V1_F","Land_i_Barracks_V1_F","Land_i_Barracks_V2_F","Land_i_Garage_V1_F","Land_i_Garage_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F","Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F","Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F","Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F","Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F","Land_i_Shed_Ind_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V1_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F","Land_i_Shop_01_V3_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V1_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V2_F","Land_i_Shop_02_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V3_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V1_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V2_F","Land_i_Stone_Shed_V3_F","Land_Metal_Shed_F","Land_MilOffices_V1_F","Land_Offices_01_V1_F","Land_Slum_House01_F","Land_Slum_House02_F","Land_Slum_House03_F","Land_Unfinished_Building_01_F","Land_Unfinished_Building_02_F","Land_u_Addon_01_V1_F","Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F","Land_u_Barracks_V2_F","Land_u_House_Big_01_V1_F","Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F","Land_u_House_Small_01_V1_F","Land_u_House_Small_02_V1_F","Land_u_Shed_Ind_F","Land_u_Shop_01_V1_F","Land_u_Shop_02_V1_F","Land_WIP_F"];
};

case "Tanoa":{//IF MAP IS TANOA = Tanoa Houses
nH_List=["Land_Airport_02_terminal_F","Land_House_Big_04_F","Land_House_Small_04_F","Land_House_Small_05_F","Land_Shop_City_01_F","Land_Shop_City_02_F","Land_Addon_04_F","Land_Shop_City_05_F","Land_School_01_F","Land_House_Big_03_F","Land_House_Native_01_F","Land_House_Native_02_F","Land_Temple_Native_01_F","Land_SM_01_shed_F","Land_Warehouse_03_F","Land_Barracks_01_dilapidated_F","Land_Barracks_01_grey_F","Land_Barracks_01_camo_F","Land_Cathedral_01_F","Land_GuardHouse_01_F","Land_FuelStation_01_shop_F","Land_FuelStation_01_workshop_F","Land_FuelStation_02_workshop_F","Land_Hotel_01_F","Land_Hotel_02_F","Land_Supermarket_01_F","Land_House_Small_02_F","Land_House_Big_02_F","Land_House_Small_03_F","Land_House_Small_06_F","Land_House_Big_01_F","Land_Shed_07_F","Land_Shed_05_F","Land_Shed_02_F","Land_Slum_05_F","Land_Slum_02_F","Land_Slum_01_F","Land_GarageShelter_01_F","Land_Shop_Town_03_F","Land_Shop_Town_05_F","Land_Shop_Town_01_F","Land_House_Small_01_F","Land_Slum_03_F","Land_Slum_04_F","Land_Shed_01_F","Land_Shed_04_F"];
};

case "Takistan":{//IF MAP IS TAKISTAN = Middle Eastern Houses
nH_List=["Land_House_K_1_EP1","Land_House_K_3_EP1","Land_House_K_5_EP1","Land_House_K_6_EP1","Land_House_K_7_EP1","Land_House_K_8_EP1","Land_House_L_1_EP1","Land_House_L_2_EP1","Land_House_L_3_EP1","Land_House_L_4_EP1","Land_House_L_6_EP1","Land_House_L_7_EP1","Land_House_L_8_EP1","Land_House_L_9_EP1","Land_House_C_1_EP1","Land_House_C_1_v2_EP1","Land_House_C_2_EP1","Land_House_C_3_EP1","Land_House_C_4_EP1","Land_House_C_5_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V1_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V2_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V3_EP1","Land_House_C_10_EP1","Land_House_C_11_EP1","Land_House_C_12_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_small_1_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_small_2_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_big_addon_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_big_hq_EP1"];
};

case "Lythium":{//IF MAP IS LYTHIUM = Middle Eastern Houses
nH_List=["Land_House_K_1_EP1","Land_House_K_3_EP1","Land_House_K_5_EP1","Land_House_K_6_EP1","Land_House_K_7_EP1","Land_House_K_8_EP1","Land_House_L_1_EP1","Land_House_L_2_EP1","Land_House_L_3_EP1","Land_House_L_4_EP1","Land_House_L_6_EP1","Land_House_L_7_EP1","Land_House_L_8_EP1","Land_House_L_9_EP1","Land_House_C_1_EP1","Land_House_C_1_v2_EP1","Land_House_C_2_EP1","Land_House_C_3_EP1","Land_House_C_4_EP1","Land_House_C_5_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V1_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V2_EP1","Land_House_C_5_V3_EP1","Land_House_C_10_EP1","Land_House_C_11_EP1","Land_House_C_12_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_small_1_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_small_2_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_big_addon_EP1","Land_A_Mosque_big_hq_EP1"];
};

case "Zargabad":{//IF MAP IS ZARGABAD = Middle Eastern Houses
};

case "Chernarus":{//IF MAP IS CHERNARUS = Chernarus buildings
nH_List=["Land_A_BuildingWIP","Land_A_FuelStation_Build","Land_A_GeneralStore_01","Land_A_GeneralStore_01a","Land_A_Hospital","Land_A_Pub_01","Land_a_stationhouse","Land_Barn_Metal","Land_Barn_W_01","Land_Church_03","Land_Farm_Cowshed_a","Land_Farm_Cowshed_b","Land_Farm_Cowshed_c","Land_Hlidac_budka","Land_HouseBlock_A1","Land_HouseB_Tenement","Land_HouseV2_01A","Land_HouseV2_02_Interier","Land_HouseV2_04_interier","Land_HouseV_1I1","Land_HouseV_1I4","Land_HouseV_1L1","Land_HouseV_1L2","Land_HouseV_2L","Land_Ind_Garage01","Land_Ind_Workshop01_01","Land_Ind_Workshop01_02","Land_Ind_Workshop01_04","Land_Ind_Workshop01_L","Land_kulna","Land_Mil_Barracks_i","Land_Mil_ControlTower","Land_Panelak","Land_Panelak2","Land_Rail_House_01","Land_rail_station_big","Land_Shed_Ind02","Land_Shed_W01","Land_stodola_old_open","Land_Tovarna2","Land_vez"];
};

default{//If any of the above maps aren't detected, default select A2 Takistan houses
};
publicVariable "nH_List";
};

//THIS IS THE EVENTHANDLER THAT MAKES THE CIVILIANS FLEE
{if(side _x==civilian)then{
_x addEventHandler["FiredNear",{
_civ=_this select 0;

switch(round(random 2))do{
        case 0:{_civ switchMove "ApanPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";_civ setSpeedMode "FULL";};
        case 1:{_civ playMoveNow "ApanPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";_civ setSpeedMode "FULL";};
        case 2:{_civ playMoveNow "ApanPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";_civ setSpeedMode "FULL";};
        default{_civ playMoveNow "ApanPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01";_civ setSpeedMode "FULL";};};

//nearestObjects[ PositionOrTarget, ["List","Of","Classnames","To","Look","For"], MaxDistanceToSearchAroundTarget ];
_nH=nearestObjects[_civ,nH_List,100];

_H=selectRandom _nH;//Pick an object found in the above nearestObjects array

_HP=_H buildingPos -1;//Finds list of all available building positions in the selected building

_HP=selectRandom _HP;//Picks a building position from the list of building positions

_civ doMove _HP;//Orders the civilian to move to the building position

//Remove the eventHandler to prevent spamming
_civ removeAllEventHandlers "FiredNear";}];};
}forEach allUnits-switchableUnits-playableUnits
};

//EVENT HANDLER TO TRACK DEAD CIVILIANS
{if(side _x==civilian)then{
_x addEventHandler["killed",{
_civ=_this select 0;

if (_this select 1 == player) then{
success = success + 1;
};

//Remove the eventHandler to prevent spamming
_civ removeAllEventHandlers "Killed";}];
}forEach allUnits-switchableUnits-playableUnits
};

params["_unit"];
_d = [_unit, 300, 1] call Saro_fnc_bomber;

Could we have the luxury of getting just the part you want examined with nice formatting (i.e. indents and all)? I suspect the brackets aren't correct from my few seconds of copying it to Notepad++ (I might be wrong).

9 minutes ago, theend3r said:

Could we have the luxury of getting just the part you want examined with nice formatting (i.e. indents and all)? I suspect the brackets aren't correct from my few seconds of copying it to Notepad++ (I might be wrong).

I left the whole script in the same format because it's a script which allows you to add scripts to civilians spawned in by COS, that way whoever sees understands the context.

The problem, proceeding this way, is your allUnits is not updated. The EH will be added on allUnits, once, then no chance for spawned units.

Two ways as workaround:

- make a loop and check for new unit(s) without EH (setVariable on the unit for example) as far as you don't want to add endlessly an EH on each unit;

- use the mission EH "entityKilled" which scouts for any kill and apply a code when the unit dies.

43 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

The problem, proceeding this way, is your allUnits is not updated. The EH will be added on allUnits, once, then no chance for spawned units.

Two ways as workaround:

- make a loop and check for new unit(s) without EH (setVariable on the unit for example) as far as you don't want to add endlessly an EH on each unit;

- use the mission EH "entityKilled" which scouts for any kill and apply a code when the unit dies.

Spoiler

//EVENT HANDLER TO TRACK DEAD CIVILIANS
_unit addEventHandler["killed",{
_unit=_this select 0;
if (_this select 1 == player) then{
success = success + 1;
};

Works now. Stupid mistake of mine. Thank you guys.