TheEgelNL

How do i fly a X'ian after the update

I used to fly a lot with the Y-32 X'ian it was a it more difficult then a helicopter.

there was no autohover on it but i did land it in small places.

But now after the update its behavior is very different.

I can take off and fly so far so good.

But when i try to land in the vertical way, then i am having problems to get it reducing speed.

Once having it almost at speed 0 i use Z to land while doing that it falls down like a brick.

I lost the fun off flying it and it was a important part of my apex dlc.

Could it be possible to set it back to the old flying behavior.

Its the same with the blackfish, I haven't tried it much since the update but I tried to the other night on I and A and smacked straight into all the other choppers on the pads, I believe its something to do with the changes they've made to vectoring but Im just about to have a proper play with it Ill get back to you on what I discover

So heres what I found:

• Vectoring has largely been tied in with the throttle, you cant just crank the throttle up anymore and expect a smooth take off, instead you have to allow the engines to spin up first then pull back on your stick to allow it to centre the weight
  • landing is a pain in the ass again largely tied in with throttle, almost easier to land on the runway at speed. It can be done but it will take alot of practise
  • It will basically just take a bit of time to get used to the throttle and you have to watch it like a hawk because your airspeed gives zero indication of your actual momentum.

Hope that helps, personally id rather the old flight model as well.

• Like 1

Your airspeed IS the one you need to watch like hawk.

The key is to know what your transition speed is, ie the speed which the wings no longer provide any lift and all lift generated by your rotors/fan. Generally this is around 180km/h without flaps.

• Like 1

For me flying became a lot easier with manual vectoring. Stalling is much less of an issue. Even with manual vectoring (At least with the Xian) slowing down is sometimes tricky where you actually have to increase thrust to pull the nose up (flaring) to slow the aircraft down.

I was constantly crashing with the Xian in the showcase until I found out the manual vectoring. 

You can also use manual vectoring for taxiing.

I can now fly the VTOLS at full horizontal speed as well as precisely as a helicopter if needed.

Manual vectoring is done by turning manual vectoring on and then use the controls you use for flaps to change the vectoring.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

For me flying became a lot easier with manual vectoring. Stalling is much less of an issue. Even with manual vectoring (At least with the Xian) slowing down is sometimes tricky where you actually have to increase thrust to pull the nose up (flaring) to slow the aircraft down.

I was constantly crashing with the Xian in the showcase until I found out the manual vectoring. 

You can also use manual vectoring for taxiing.

I can now fly the VTOLS at full horizontal speed as well as precisely as a helicopter if needed.

Manual vectoring is done by turning manual vectoring on and then use the controls you use for flaps to change the vectoring.

This is it.

before you basically let the auto system do everything for you which may have seemed really good at the time for alot. but it was in fact limiting the possibilities of what you could achieve with this asset given some time.

• Like 1