This mod allows you to attach and detach the RHSUSAF PVS-27 using the ACE3 self-interact menu while using the RHSUSAF M8541A optic or the TA31RCO (Desert).
Please note that this only works with the desert colored RCO (ACOG) because there's only currently a model of the Tan ACOG with the PVS-27 in RHSUSAF.

As soon as more optic/PVS-27 combos are available from RHS, I'll incorporate them into this mod.

I've tested this in SP and on a dedicated server without issue. If there are issues in local MP, please let me know.

Feel free to use any or all of this mod, and change it as you see fit. If you wind up using this in a project, I'd appreciate a nod.

Thanks to the RHS and ACE3 teams for their awesome content. Special thanks to pabstmirror from the ACE3 team for help on this! Thanks to voiper for his/her writeup on the ACE Interact framework.
This is my first mod released to the community - be gentle. I'll try to un@#$% any issues that are found.

Thanks

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933524188

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32794

Changelog:

v0.3

-Added hints when PVS-27 attached and removed
-Added error handling for instances where the PVS-27+daylight scope combo is incompatible (e.g. An RHS M4 variant with the ACOG+PVS-27 combo)

v0.2
-Updated to allow usage of the PVS-27 with the TA31RCO (Desert).
-Fixed bug where the interaction would show up if you had a PVS-27 in inventory but an inappropriate scope to match.

v0.1
- first release

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I should be able to update this to include similar actions for the RHS Leupold and ACOG.

+1

47 minutes ago, sammael said:

I should be able to update this to include similar actions for the RHS Leupold and ACOG.

+1

Updated to work with the TA31RCO (Desert). I didn't find any other suitable combos in the latest RHSUSAF. If there's something I missed, please provide feedback.

I'll update this when other combos become available from RHS.

• Like 1

TA31RCO Desert does not appear to be working.  I can place the TA31RCO W AN/PVS27 on my rifle, and remove the PVS27, but I canot place the PVS27 back on the rifle.

The Long distance combo works correctly.

2 hours ago, ski2060 said:

TA31RCO Desert does not appear to be working.  I can place the TA31RCO W AN/PVS27 on my rifle, and remove the PVS27, but I canot place the PVS27 back on the rifle.

I'll look into this. Thanks for the info!

13 hours ago, ski2060 said:

@ski2060:

You may want to verify you have the latest download of the addon: I incorporated some bugfixes early yesterday. I'm not able to reproduce the error you're describing with the latest version.

Here what I tried:

Start a scenario with the "M150 RCO + AN/PVS-27" optic, use the interact to remove the PVS-27. The PVS-27 shows up in my inventory as it should. Then I use the interact to re-attach.

There is error handling to warn the user if their inventory is full. When this happens you're not able to remove the PVS-27.

Note that the tan ACOG starts life as an M150 when it's combined with the PVS-27 then "turns into" a TA31 (these were the only two that had matching colors, otherwise the ACOG would change color when you attach/remove the PVS-27)

Yeah, I tried that multiple times.  I had plenty of space in my backpack. 
I would put the combo M150/PVS27 on rifle with Arsenal.
Use ACE interaction to remove PVS/27 and it would show RCO only.
After that I would NOT get an option in ACE interaction to attach PVS/27 back to rifle.

This was being used on a Dedicated server without your mod running.  So I was just running it Client Side with server set up to allow client side mods. (PW unit server).

I'll try it again and see if I can get it to work.  It was on an SMA SCAR H.   I will re-test on an RHS MK11 or something.

1 minute ago, ski2060 said:

Yeah, I tried that multiple times.  I had plenty of space in my backpack. 
I would put the combo M150/PVS27 on rifle with Arsenal.
Use ACE interaction to remove PVS/27 and it would show RCO only.
After that I would NOT get an option in ACE interaction to attach PVS/27 back to rifle.

This was being used on a Dedicated server without your mod running.  So I was just running it Client Side with server set up to allow client side mods. (PW unit server).

I'll try it again and see if I can get it to work.  It was on an SMA SCAR H.   I will re-test on an RHS MK11 or something.

I updated my post: If you downloaded from Armaholic, you'll probably want to re-download. I put in a bugfix yesterday that took a little while to get into Armaholic's system.

I've tested on a vanilla marksman rifle and an RHS MK11.

@ski2060

I think I was able to reproduce a similar error: I added an ACOG to a carbine (in my case, an RHS M4A1 block II) This weapon is not compatible with RHS's ACOG+PVS-27 combo, so when I try to add the PVS-27, the PVS-27 disappears, and it doesn't get added to the carbine. A quick way to test this would be to try to add the combo in the Arsenal; If you can't find it in the weapon attachment list, it's not compatible with that particular weapon.

I've added error trapping to detect these instances and warn the user (instead of just stealing your PVS-27 :hehe:)

I'll try to check on that as soon as possible. The weapon I was having the issue with originally was the SMA SCAR H standard.  Then the RHS MK11.

I'll see if I can get some video and post it up.  Been busy the last couple days.

10 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I'll try to check on that as soon as possible. The weapon I was having the issue with originally was the SMA SCAR H standard.  Then the RHS MK11.

I'll see if I can get some video and post it up.  Been busy the last couple days.

@ski2060 I was able to download the SMA weapons pack and try the PVS-27 with the SCAR-H Standard: It seems to work. I am also able to get it to work with the RHS Mk11.

Note that I'm not using any ACE compatibility files for either mod at the moment. Maybe that has something to do with it?

20170604161840_1.jpg

Any chance of adding the "rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_pvs27 "

class rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_pvs27 : rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR
{
    scope=1;
    Author_Macro
    displayName = $STR_RHSUSF_ACC_SPECTERDR_PVS27;

picture="\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_weapons\gear_acc\acc_m68cco_ca.paa";
    model = "\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_weapons\acc\scopes\pvs27\PVS_27_specterdr.p3d";

class ItemInfo : ItemInfo
    {
        class OpticsModes : OpticsModes
        {
            class Elcan_x1 : Elcan_x1
            {
                useModelOptics = 1;
                visionMode[] = {"NVG"};
            };

class Elcan_x4 : Elcan_x4
            {
                visionMode[] = {"NVG"};
            };

class Elcan_iron : Elcan_iron {};
        };
    };

inertia = 0.2;
};

• Like 1

8 hours ago, armyinf said:

Any chance of adding the "rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_pvs27 "

class rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_pvs27 : rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR
{
    scope=1;
    Author_Macro
    displayName = $STR_RHSUSF_ACC_SPECTERDR_PVS27;

picture="\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_weapons\gear_acc\acc_m68cco_ca.paa";
    model = "\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_weapons\acc\scopes\pvs27\PVS_27_specterdr.p3d";

class ItemInfo : ItemInfo
    {
        class OpticsModes : OpticsModes
        {
            class Elcan_x1 : Elcan_x1
            {
                useModelOptics = 1;
                visionMode[] = {"NVG"};
            };

class Elcan_x4 : Elcan_x4
            {
                visionMode[] = {"NVG"};
            };

class Elcan_iron : Elcan_iron {};
        };
    };

inertia = 0.2;
};

I'll look into it! I hadn't seen this before, thanks for the heads up

It only stays active as the spectredr w/ pvs27 if you have 2d selected, but it works :D, assuming was a test or something. 

5 hours ago, armyinf said:

It only stays active as the spectredr w/ pvs27 if you have 2d selected, but it works :D, assuming was a test or something. 

Thanks @armyinf. I'm not familiar with 2D mode. Can you explain?

I noticed I had to add the rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_pvs27 twice in testing.

Thanks