Updated mod v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking: banner-420x120.png Hey Iconic Jizz Man , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now! Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing. To learn more, follow this guide.

Fun fact: The AI tends to blow themself up, when using HE rounds and the Khalia scope :f:

Oh and is it possible to create tracer rounds for both ammo types?

3 hours ago, gabberxxl said:

Fun fact: The AI tends to blow themself up, when using HE rounds and the Khalia scope :f:

Oh and is it possible to create tracer rounds for both ammo types?

Hah, didn't really configure it with AI in mind, they probably get so excited with such a big gun, so we'll just call that a feature for now. :D

As for tracers, I'm not really sure HEDP even has tracer fire does it? Will think about APFSDS.

• Like 1

Been playing around with this beauty for a bit now and it's amazing. Blowing up cars has never been more fun. The model, textures, sounds and animations are all top notch. Give it CBA support for joint rails support (if only to make it compatible with your scope mod pack) and it's perfect. Well, maybe change the IR laser/flashlight slot to the right side of the weapon. Bit of a pet peeve of mine :D

@kiory Finnish naming standard detected, scanning pictures... "Laku Finland" Detected, commencing lol procedure. 

In all seriousness, really neat looking package! Extra props for finnification :D

On 5/27/2017 at 3:50 PM, Dargham.iraq said:

I have the steam version and I don't have good internet connection so I deleted it and I use the old version for my friend we play on the version

أرسلت بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk

Regardless of the situation, you cannot be a member of these forums when using a cracked game version. I will be suspending your account.

• Like 7

I usually don't get too worked up over guns... But this looks like a work of art mate! Congrats. Gonna have to take her for a spin this weekend. Thanks!

• Like 2

I am temporarily removing download links and steam workshop support until this DMCA shit get's taken care of, sorry guys, but I won't bow down to entitled little shits.

40 minutes ago, kiory said:

I am temporarily removing download links and steam workshop support until this DMCA shit get taken care of, sorry guys, but I won't bow down to entitled little shits.

Hey guys, can somebody please explain how this is a copyright issue? My mod does not contain anything from your mod at all in any way and is completely separate and not copied.

I am very new to Arma and Arma modding. Can someone (or a mod) please explain this to me?

8 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

Hey guys, can somebody please explain how this is a copyright issue? My mod does not contain anything from your mod at all in any way and is completely separate and not copied.

I am very new to Arma and Arma modding. Can someone (or a mod) please explain this to me?

Well, according to you, you aren't new to Arma modding at all: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938601394

You clearly know what you're doing and are doing a much better job at it than I am, apparently, I'm really shit at configging. Either way, you're altering my addon, without permissions, don't try to spin this in your favour and act like a victim, it won't work, people here are tired of people like you and aren't fucking stupid.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kiory said:

Well, according to you, you aren't new to Arma modding at all: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938601394

You clearly know what you're doing and are doing a much better job at it than I am, either way, you're altering my addon, without permissions, don't try to spin this in your favour, it won't work.

From what I've garnered reading the Steam Subscriber agreement, the Workshop Rules and Guidelines, the Arma 3 EULA and the BI Tools EULA coupled with the fact that no license terms were included on either the workshop page or the downloaded files; I am very allowed to make a compatibility patch.

I completely agree that the awesome original files you created should definitely be copyrighted and protected, however I did not include anything from your mod whatsoever. My mod is 100% original created from scratch in notepad. The fact that you falsely DMCA'd my mod and took your mod offline is very much against the spirit of the community. I hope you find it ironic that you've gone to all this effort over a mod this is literally 2,662 bytes. This is like a baker upset with a jam company because people are putting jam on their bread.

You are  aggressive with words on your steam mod page. Perhaps you should have been more reserved and there would be no problems.

45 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

Can someone (or a mod) please explain this to me?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

First it is polite to ask permission, before using someone else's work. This is how this community has operated since the dawn of OFP. Simply put would you let someone borrow your car without asking. Although your mod may not contain any work from the addon (we only have your word). The way you have gone about posting the addon on steam was not the best approach. As the language used was very patronising and I would say a very much a personal attack towards kiory, if you done it an mature manner i certainly think this situation may not have happened.

27 minutes ago, sammael said:

You are  aggressive with words on your steam mod page. Perhaps you should have been more reserved and there would be no problems.

16 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

First it is polite to ask permission, before using someone else's work. Although your mod may not contain any work from the addon (we only have your word). The way you have gone about posting the addon on steam was not the best approach. As the language used was very patronising and I would say a very much a personal attack towards kiory, if you done it an mature manner i certainly think this situation may not have happened.

Well it's passive aggressive at the most, and only because he was misleading the community by telling them that CBA and ACE would cause errors in the mod with the base game. In the case of ACE this is simply not true and in the case of CBA causing dependency issues, that is why you make a separate version or include an optional compatibility patch; which Kiory clearly knows about because he's made CBA compatible mods before including his own scope mod which ironically doesn't work on his own rifle. So why mislead people by telling them that this mod is incompatible with CBA and ACE when it clearly isn’t.

Having read through all of the steam comments on his original workshop post, a lot of people were asking for this compatibility to be added and he was simply deflecting the idea of compatibility so I thought it arbitrary to ask for permission to make a patch. I also don’t understand how wording of anything has any relevance to a DMCA copyright takedown notice whatsoever.

@R0adki11 It is not a personal attack in any way, I do not know or care about Kiory personally; everything I said in that workshop post is 100% true. You don’t have to take my word for the fact that this is clearly not a full weapon mod, if you took the time to actually look at it you would see that it is merely 2.59 KB in size.

• Like 1

I'm not an unreasonable guy, I know I come across as abraisive sometimes, but I have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

All I need to do is say no once, in this case I said no more than once, to multiple people, there was no attitude initially until someone started to get snarky with me, and couldn't accept the fact that I said no, so naturally that brings out potentially the worst in me. No means no.

To be honest, the blatant lack of respect of me and my addon is not just an affront to me, but to every legitimate addon maker out there, you clearly have no respect for any of us as you seem to think it's completely and utterly fine to do something like this.

The fact that you're hiding behind a quickly set up account says it all really, you know you're in the wrong.

Oh, and it quite clearly is a personal attack on me, look at the image you're using, that's my actual sexy ass face, the salt shaker was a nice touch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kiory said:

I'm not an unreasonable guy, I know I come across as abraisive sometimes, but I have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

All I need to do is say no once, in this case I said no more than once, to multiple people, there was no attitude initially until someone started to get snarky with me, and couldn't accept the fact that I said no, so naturally that brings out potentially the worst in me. No means no.

To be honest, the blatant lack of respect of me and my addon is not just an affront to me, but to every legitimate addon maker out there, you clearly have no respect for any of us as you seem to think it's completely and utter fine to do something like this.

The fact that you're hiding behind a quickly set up account says it all really, you know you're in the wrong.

I don’t understand how the age of an account is relevant in anyway to a DMCA Copyright Takedown Notice. I also have yet to receive any legitimate reason as to why your mod and my patch cannot co-exist peacefully.

You began this by deceiving the community about why you didn't want to add CBA and ACE support through an optional compat or a separate version (which I still do not know the real honest reason for).

I do actually have alot of respect for ALL the addon makers out there, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make something this nice. However in the spirit of community and openness I firmly believe that any mod should be allowed to be made more compatible with the rest of the mods made for Arma 3.

Therefore, I propose that it is actually you, good sir, that have no respect for the community or other mod developers. All people wanted was to use your amazing rifle with some of the other amazing weapon attachment mods out there, including your own scope mod which requires CBA.

• Like 1

There's more to it too, the name comes from me, as I wanted to have a Finnish Defence Forces style standardized name for the weapon, and "materiel" is the correct spelling. :f:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

I don’t understand how the age of an account is relevant in anyway to a DMCA Copyright Takedown Notice. I also have yet to receive any legitimate reason as to why your mod and my patch cannot co-exist peacefully.

You began this by deceiving the community about why you didn't want to add CBA and ACE support through an optional compat or a separate version (which I still do not know the real honest reason for).

I do actually have alot of respect for ALL the addon makers out there, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make something this nice. However in the spirit of community and openness I firmly believe that any mod should be allowed to be made more compatible with the rest of the mods made for Arma 3.

Therefore, I propose that it is actually you, good sir, that have no respect for the community or other mod developers. All people wanted was to use your amazing rifle with some of the other amazing weapon attachment mods out there, including your own scope mod which requires CBA.

I have no respect for the community? Really?

I'll refer you to Project Argo, where recently BI contacted me (and I'm very greatful to have something I have produced go into Arma, again) to use a monument I had created for one of our most prestigious modders, who was tragically lost to us. I would also like to mention the countless people I have helped over the years, and the many hours I've put into my own work for people to enjoy.

My mods typically are open source and are free to do with what you please, but this is a special case as the client who comissioned the model to be made doesn't want ACE support, and he is well within his rights (I am sorry to throw you slightly under the bus @Nirrti)

Don't assume you know anything about me, you've already said you don't care about nor know me personally. This wasn't deceit, it was a need to know basis, and nobody needed to know. 

Aye, I don't like ACE nor do I want native support for it, but if people make an external patch for it (akin to the one "covfefe" made, but less pretentious and tryhard), all the more power to them.

Also, CBA/JSDG support is already in the talks, but Kiory is pretty busy with another project right now, so it'll have to come down the pipeline.

Well there you have it @Covfefe

Remove your patch, and when I can get around to it, I'll work one in for everyone, but I'm very busy right now with work, so please be patient.

11 minutes ago, Nirrti said:

Aye, I don't like ACE nor do I want native support for it, but if people make an external patch for it (akin to the one "covfefe" made, but less pretentious and tryhard), all the more power to them.

I am so sorry. I have been speaking with the wrong person.

@Nirrti As the true copyright holder of this mod, I purpose as truce in which both sides can come to an accord:

1. Your mod is put back on the workshop for everyone to use.

2. @Kiory I will reword my patch however you wish and say (or not say) whatever you want.

3. When a compatibility patch/version is created and uploaded to the workshop I will remove mine permanently as it would be superfluous.

10 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

I am so sorry. I have been speaking with the wrong person.

@Nirrti As the true copyright holder of this mod, I purpose as truce in which both sides can come to an accord:

1. Your mod is put back on the workshop for everyone to use.

2. @Kiory I will reword my patch however you wish and say (or not say) whatever you want.

3. When a compatibility patch/version is created and uploaded to the workshop I will remove mine permanently as it would be superfluous.

Well, it's up to kiory, also, the ballistics on the ammo are just straight up lifted from the game itself, though they're taken from 30mm autocannon rounds, which is why they probably seem weird at first. This was my suggestion as I wanted an accurate enough weapon for long range shooting, but with the damage tweaked not to be overpowered. They already are sort of out-of-this-realm considering firing a 25mm with such high velocities would imply high pressure and as such would break the user's shoulder completely, considering the only recoil dampening feature on the gun is the muzzlebrake. We thought they were still within "realistic" capabilities considering the futuristic setting and possible extra advancements in technology etc.

• Like 1

For now, just remove the dickish and condescending text, and change the picture, as much as I love my sexy face.

I'll have a patch out when I have time, maybe tonight for CBA.

And don't make me fucking regret this.

• Like 4

And restore the original name as well :P

• Like 1