Hi, I'm fairly new to creating missions in Arma. I am in the process of creating a zombies scenario which takes up a large majority of the map and include several missions (hostages, supply runs, rescue missions, etc.)

However a problem that I am encountering when creating this mission is that when I place down large amounts of zombies or zombie spawners the game begins to lag. Personally on my potato computer I hit 8-10 fps.

(I'm aware of deletion settings) however the zombies never seem to delete where or when I want them to. So I am hoping that someone could give a simple way of creating triggers to spawn zombies when a player comes close a certain area.

Here's a good command that doesn't require too much knowledge to use

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createUnit

So basically if you make a trigger that is BLUFOR PRESENT and put this in the activation area:

"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "marker_1", group zombies1];

Basically, if you go to click the unit to place in the editor it will highlight a string name for them. What I do is just open notepad and you can hover your mouse over the unit you want to place and then hit Alt Tab to get to the notepad, so it will actually keep the game screen up in the background.

What you have to do is replace "SolderWB" with the name that comes up which will usually be something with _  in it. You must also create the marker in the editor that serves as the point to spawn them at, I suggest using the Empty marker that doesn't show up on your map (you can search it in the editor) So basically that trigger will create one unit at that marker in a specific team, and you can do something like this to create a full group of zombies:

"zombieclassname1" createUnit [getMarkerPos "marker_1", group zombies1];

"zombieclassname1" createUnit [getMarkerPos "marker_1", group zombies1];

"zombieclassname2" createUnit [getMarkerPos "marker_1", group zombies1];

"zombieclassname2" createUnit [getMarkerPos "marker_1", group zombies1];

This would use make two different zombies if you put two different classnames in there. You can copy/paste that line as many times as you want, so if you want 10 zombies to spawn you'd have ten of those lines instead of four. Doing this will simply make it so not all the units are there on the start of the map, and they will only spawn when you enter the trigger that these lines are in, so if you place one that encompasses a town or something then it will spawn them in it when you have a marker placed in that town and you activate the trigger by entering the area.

So in essence, you can set up whatever objectives you want and use this to simply populate the area with zombies upon your arrival to that area.

Hope this helps!!

Edit:

Oh, and if you want more than one group of zombies, such as you have multiple spawns in one map, just rename the "group zombies1" to say "zombies2" for or "zombies3" for whatever group they should be in.