Was working on a new HUD , Class MFD for one of our helicopters our group has and the amount of new information and variables that can now be projected on the HUD is amazing.  However I am finding the positioning and formatting on the HUD / Class MFD very un-intuitive and a very difficult learning curve.  I understand the basics however the X,Y coordinate system is extremely difficult to muster. 

I wish there was a template or some type of layout editor or system to assemble the information text and data without having to constantly tweak, move, and size, pack then check in game.   

Does anyone have any better system that they currently use or any tips for me ? 

Thanks

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

16 hours ago, shrike88 said:

Was working on a new HUD , Class MFD for one of our helicopters our group has and the amount of new information and variables that can now be projected on the HUD is amazing.  However I am finding the positioning and formatting on the HUD / Class MFD very un-intuitive and a very difficult learning curve.  I understand the basics however the X,Y coordinate system is extremely difficult to muster. 

I wish there was a template or some type of layout editor or system to assemble the information text and data without having to constantly tweak, move, and size, pack then check in game.   

Does anyone have any better system that they currently use or any tips for me ? 

Thanks

Shrike

I would recommend you to get familiar with Diagnostic Exe & it's diag_mergeConfigFile . Otherwise you can also take a look at some of my post here - https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/225-arma-3-dlc/ https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/licensed-data-packages or check A3 Sample Plane. HUDs configs that are available in Arma 2 are also quite good source of inspiration - you can obtain them here - https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/licensed-data-packages

Thanks Reyhard for pulling me over to the forum, and for your help.  Currently working on a Custom HUD and upgrade all of the systems of 1.70 with my little project for our Group piggy backing off of Firewills UH-80R, as well as help from Kimi and others.

Was able to make certain features like a flashing "FUEL" low fuel warning, as well as a type of limited Ground Prox / GPWS to flash rapidly on the HUD when certain criteria are met AltitudeAGL< and speed.

Really love the new functions and conditions BI has put into the Class MFD system.

This is what I used.   Obviously not looking out as a projected path as a warning, but still a start.

condition =  "((30-altitudeAGL) min 1) * ((speed*3.6) > 50)";
                                color[] = {0,1,0.3};
                                blinkingPattern[] = {.2,.2};
                                blinkingStartsOn = 1;

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png