dragon zen

How to find/change bullet/missile shooter??

Dear Guys:

I want to ask how to identify the "shooter" (man/vehicle) of given bullet, missile or arty shell by script, and whether I can further change it.

Actually my application is that, I want create arty shell on an area, and I want to attach this arty shell to certain unit, so that the killing of shell is counted to that unit. Without this, the killer (returned by EventHandler Killed) is null.

Anybody know how to identify and change the "shooter" or bullet or missile, or other way to achieve such function?

Thank you.

Dragon Zen

I just goofed around with this command, and unfortunately when arty shells impact an area and fail to kill a tank/apc or other armored vehicle, the vehicle crew immediately starts to engage the owner of the shot set via setShotParents, even if no previous engagement has taken place.

So as an example:

1. Be JTAC
  2. Call in arty fire
  3. Spawn artillery shells and setshotParents to the JTAC
  4. shells impact but fail to kill armor
  5. armor immediately engages JTAC

So that's it for this command, unusable in this application, at least for me.

Made a ticket just in case this isn't intended behavior.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I just goofed around with this command, and unfortunately when arty shells impact an area and fail to kill a tank/apc or other armored vehicle, the vehicle crew immediately starts to engage the owner of the shot set vie setShotParents, even if no previous engagement has taken place.

So that's it for this command, unusable in this application, at least for me.

Cheers

I haven't tested it in a couple of years, but back then the surviving artillery targets used to attack the shooter even without the owner manipulation.

Yeah, that's okay in terms of artillery fired from artillery vehicles I guess. Usually it's a non issue since they're masked by terrain, or just by the sheer distance (15km in my case, on altis this can be even further).

Maybe this command isn't meant to be used in the way I did.

But what other purpose would it serve then?

Cheers