Hello everyone,

upon glancing at the biki for more information regarding the implementation of sounds into the zeus user interface I wasn't able to find anything

I did however with my sound add the following to my config entry: 

units[] ={"MySuperCoolSound"};

and supposedly this'll open the sound up to the zeus curator player.

But to no avail, any insight on this? 

Have you tried this approach already? It does not make use of units[], but registers the sounds and music in the music library.

And another nice bit: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/wiki/Custom-Music

Using CfgMusic seems to be the solution though. I am however unsure if the above information only applies to use with Achilles (ie that Achilles handles Music and Sounds stored in CfgMusic itself)

Adding to my above: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/blob/69f0b1e9f24372a034a822175a69c1008fa1aedc/%40AresModAchillesExpansion/addons/ui_f/scripts/RscAttributeMusic.sqf

This seems to handle adding custom music to the Achilles mod, worth a look if using CfgMusic alone does not resolve your issue...

Edited by Mokka
Additional Content

4 minutes ago, Mokka said:

And another nice bit: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/wiki/Custom-Music

Using CfgMusic seems to be the solution though. I am however unsure if the above information only applies to use with Achilles (ie that Achilles handles Music and Sounds stored in CfgMusic itself)

My post implies that i already have the CfgSounds and CfgMusic set up. Read my post more thoroughly please. I can already tell you by observation that just because its configured as music doesnt mean it shows up in the zeus interface. 

@Midnighters

Mokka directed you the right way, but you seem to refuse it. You are right that a child of cfgMusic does not automatically get added though.

This is observed, since your class must contain certain attributes as well. Just use my example class in the link Mokka posted.

Btw. it will only work for music defined in an add-on in vanilla Zeus. If you include the class in a mission instead, it will only work with Achilles.

Edit: Please post such a topic in "Zeus Editing" the next time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@Midnighters

Mokka directed you the right way, but you seem to refuse it. You are right that a child of cfgMusic does not automatically get added though.

This is observed, since your class must contain certain attributes as well. Just use my example class in the link Mokka posted.

Btw. it will only work for music defined in an add-on in vanilla Zeus. If you include the class in a mission instead, it will only work with Achilles.

Edit: Please post such a topic in "Zeus Editing" the next time.

Didn't realize there was a forum section for "Zues Editing".

I didn't "refuse" anything, I had already implied that I had configured everything in such a way.