Sign in to follow this  
mister-man

VON doest work on dedicated OpenSuese Leap 42.2

Hello togetscher,

I installed an Arma 3 dedicated server on a OpenSuseLeap 42.2. All works fine without VON (Voice over Network). What can I do to fix these issue? I tried it in a local virtual maschine and it works. But over the internet it doesnt work.

Thanks a lot.

I would imagine because others havent reported an issue with von installed on that o/s maybe you havent done something correctly.

what are the von settings your using etc. A bit more info might get you a better response

Hallo @terox,

I installed a OpenSuse Leap 42.2 without any custom packages or updates. I start an Armaserver without any configuration. For testing I deactifated the suse firewall and check if the iptables rules are empty. In an local test enwirement, it works without issues, If I install the same iso file at my providers server, all works fine without voice communication.

On the surface it sounds like a firewall issue on their end, however voip uses the same port as the game, so this may be some form of network filtering, antivirus, anti flood control ?

Based on the fact that if the dedi server crashes, in some circumstances players can still communicate via voip, it can be assumed that voip may be peer to peer.

With this in mind I would contact the provider, as you stated, you proved voip in an environment you have control of which worked fine, but at the data centre it doesn't

Good luck with this. If you find the issue can you post the solution for others in a similar predicament

Hallo @terox

thanks a lot for the tip. We tried to install an Ubuntu Server at the same datacenter and it works fine. With and without iptables. Currently I search for other network and security settings at the opensuse server.

@mister-man  try this:

1. Disable (for testing) AppArmor (yast2 > Security and Users > AppArmor settings)

2. Reboot your server instance (or ask datacenter support to do that)

(I had the same issue on previous openSuse version - 13.2)

Edited by ToxaBes

Hay @ToxaBes

in OpenSuseLeap appamor is not installed by default. But to disable fixed the error at 13.2?