Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Aol invaded my system

I know that thread doesn`t really fit into the offtopic forum, but I don`t know where to ask else. You simply get the best answers here, and I sure don`t want to ask in an AOL forum

sad.gif

It`s as follows. Currently I`m using AOL as internet-provider. I have to wait for DSL until the 49th week and wanted to simply go online by t-online by call, but the german Telekom is too stupid to just send me my account data. Would`ve been so easy: 1. t-online by call and then switch by online trigger to DSL, because I allready have all the hardware installed in my room, but well...

So I decided to use AOL in the time before I get my t-online by call account. AOL installed a lot of software and I think I`ll have to format my HDD to get it clean of all this stuff. The installed software isn`t easy to be overseen. And since I have it on my HDD I encounter more lockups and crashes in my programs then ever before, besides that AOL is terribly slow. My fastest ping in an online-shooter was 140-150 so far, that means unplayable.

My main question is:

Does AOL corrupt your windows registry and system?

Please mods wait with closing until I got some answers.  confused.gif

Apparently AOL can be rather unpleasant to remove, but something like regcleaner should help you with that, or better yet use jv16 PowerTools smile.gif

Thanks, placebo smile.gif

But even if I use regclean.exe I have to remove program-related stuff in the registry. Guess I`ll try your link then. Does someone know it AOL could be the cause of my crashes? smile.gif

In theory just use jv16, do a registry search for AOL and delete everything it finds smile.gif

Then get a pair of scissors and make a shruiken out of the GAY-O-L cd and launch it at pedestrians biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then get a pair of scissors and make a shruiken out of the GAY-O-L cd and launch it at pedestrians <span id='postcolor'>

Nah, just burn the damn thing biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 11 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL Here you get them for free in hundreds, would be lots of ammo   biggrin.gif

Placebo, the jv16 tool is great!!<span id='postcolor'>

lol funny yuo should say that, im sure i read somewhere the other week that some guy was going to drop all the AOL CD's he'd ever got thru the post...reportedly over a million...outside Time warner or whoever owns AOLs headquaters biggrin.gif

pointless info brought to you by acidcrash smile.gif

150 is not a bad ping... If you think so you are terribly spoiled. I get around 200 in OFP on my cable connection in the heat of the action.

Well I have real timejumps in my connection!!

E.g. in UT2003 I wanted to ran up some stairs. So I ran towards them, suddenly I`m set back 10 meters and I had to ran again, was set back and so on. Sometimes I even get stuck on a corner of a wall or I run against it two or three times until I can make a clear pass. Because of that I quit MP and wait until I get my DSL.

A friend saw me playing and said he got headache from viewing only sad.gif

Then are these moments when I`m set back and around related to something else than ping.

I hate AOL even more mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 11 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Placebo, the jv16 tool is great!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yup and it's Finnish to boot smile.gif