warhawk373

Can't get server to work please help

All I want is a LAN server that will be able to save without messing everything up.  Currently, just starting a coop mission, then saving it, then resuming it, creates a lot of bugs, including bugs that won't let you pick up items.  So I read that I have to have a place where the server can save its information?  Something called EXTDB.  I can't find any information on using this to create a LAN server with custom mods that can be saved and resumed at a later time.  The only information on this tool is to start a wasteland server.  I got steamCMD and did everything that other posts have said and I was able to get a server to show up, but it was online, I couldn't set a password in the .cfg, it created TWO servers, and it wouldn't let me join.

Why dont you just click host server from the Multiplayer section in arma? 

ExtDB is useless for a small co-op mission. And you probably don't need to host a dedicated server if it's just you and your mate playing. IF the mission has multiplayer saving then it will be linked to your profile. 

1 hour ago, BroBeans. said:

Why dont you just click host server from the Multiplayer section in arma? 

ExtDB is useless for a small co-op mission. And you probably don't need to host a dedicated server if it's just you and your mate playing. IF the mission has multiplayer saving then it will be linked to your profile. 

It's an ALIVE mission, so not very small.  When I use vanilla save function it FUBARs everything.

I did get the dedicated server to work though.  But my main problem still stands...no way to save it.  I can't use persistence because I can't keep the server on constantly.

I was also looking at a mod called inidbi2 for saving progress, but I couldn't figure out how it is used.

I sent you a private message but unless it's changed last I messed with alive..

"The only way to save with Alive is on a dedicated server set up to use War Room persistence. It does not have a local DB system, and saving normally (with the save button) will often be corrupted due to how much stuff is being saved.

To save it as a server admin from a dedicated server, simply hit escape and choose the SERVER SAVE & EXIT option while logged in as admin.

As long as you do not change the file name of the .PBO for your mission, it should save multiple missions just fine."

If your just hosting on the same box you as the host should be able to just hit save and exit. 

55 minutes ago, Darkhound7 said:

I sent you a private message but unless it's changed last I messed with alive..

"The only way to save with Alive is on a dedicated server set up to use War Room persistence. It does not have a local DB system, and saving normally (with the save button) will often be corrupted due to how much stuff is being saved.

To save it as a server admin from a dedicated server, simply hit escape and choose the SERVER SAVE & EXIT option while logged in as admin.

As long as you do not change the file name of the .PBO for your mission, it should save multiple missions just fine."

If your just hosting on the same box you as the host should be able to just hit save and exit. 

Yeah I followed their guide on saving an ALiVE server but I couldn't get that to work