burn99

activate video/ cutscene by trigger. Arma 3 eden editor

Hello, I am trying to build a mission in arma 3 but i want to have cutscene's in this mission. 

After some googeling i found this page: 

I followed that instructions and it does work but every time a trigger with video is activated i get this error:

Picture t\effect_ca.paa not found.

what i want is just to play a video I saved in the mission file when a trigger is activated. I don't understand how scripting works yet so for now I am copy pasting video's most of the time. Is there anyone who knows how this works and can tell me how to fix this error? 

4 hours ago, burn99 said:

I don't understand how scripting works yet so for now I am copy pasting video's most of the time

My advice in that regard, take a look at Bohemia Interactive's BIKI, a great place for finding an answer to most of your questions and issues.

The BIKI also is a good resource for gathering information about any scripting/engine command or function available to mission creators and scripters alike.

If you follow a tutorial of any sort, be it from YouTube or any other site, inform yourself about the different expressions, commands and functions you come across.

That way you will also form your own understanding of the scripting language, and its syntax. 

And this knowledge will guide you on your upcoming tasks and troubles, making your life much easier.

Anyways, back on topic :)

Give this entry on the BIKI a read, it explains a lot about how to play videos: BIS_fnc_playVideo

Why would you suggest YouTube? It's terrible for this kind of stuff. 

videos can also be played with ctrlCreate.