Rebitaay

Can I join my own server twice?

Hi all,

I've been hard at work on my second mission. The core features are completed, and I'm moving on to the multiplayer aspects of it.

As there isn't always someone available to help me out, is there a way that I can join my own server twice? Preferably without having to buy the game twice.

Thanks in advanced!

Joining two times is not possible but u can host it with a dedicated server and join it with the same steam account without buying it twice...

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think that this is possible, at least not with BattlEye enabled.

See Sarogah's much more competent answer above.

Edited by Mokka
Sarogah was better

1 hour ago, rebitaay said:

As there isn't always someone available to help me out, is there a way that I can join my own server twice?

Depends what you mean by server.

If you mean your server on a rented box, then no.

If your testing on a dedicated server on your home network or a single PC then yes. All you need to do is add the loopback setting to your server config. see server options on the Wiki.

I quite often test on a dedicated server on my main PC by starting up a dedicated server in loopback mode and then start up several clients all using my base install.

• Like 5

I did not even know that. TIL, thanks a lot Larrow :D

2 hours ago, Larrow said:

I quite often test on a dedicated server on my main PC by starting up a dedicated server in loopback mode and then start up several clients all using my base install.

Sounds like that's what I want, thanks!

You don't even need dedicated server, you can just start MP mission from eden and launch another game instance by starting arma3.exe directly and it works

• Like 1

Turn off all the kicks for duplicates, BE etc > Then start two instances of ArmA 3 > Proceed to join the server > Win? 

IDK but should work? 

15 hours ago, Larrow said:

Depends what you mean by server.

If you mean your server on a rented box, then no.

If your testing on a dedicated server on your home network or a single PC then yes. All you need to do is add the loopback setting to your server config. see server options on the Wiki.

Ah I knew there was something like this that wasn't involving the kick duplicates option.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

8 hours ago, SkaceKachna said:

You don't even need dedicated server, you can just start MP mission from eden and launch another game instance by starting arma3.exe directly and it works

You're a legend, mate.

16 hours ago, SkaceKachna said:

Yes there is always this option.

I don't know why I just immediately thought dedicated server. In which case your always better off testing on a dedicated.

How many times have we seen in this forum "My mission works in the editor and when hosted but does not work when I load it up on my groups dedicated server". 8/

Well you have a multitude of options now for testing your mission @rebitaay .

• Like 1

On May 23, 2017 at 2:46 AM, SkaceKachna said:

dedicated vs listen environment differences :eh:

3 hours ago, Midnighters said:

dedicated vs listen environment differences :eh:

I went with his trick since my mission is meant for a listen server, but what are the main differences between Dedicated and Listen for the scripting end of things?

Just tried the loopback thingie and had a blast flying at 1400km/h at 5m altitude then quickly alt tabbing for the sonic boom.

Oh the joy.

Cheers