I'm just getting into the Eden editor, and I'm checking out a lot of YT videos and learning a lot. 

My issue is that i got a problem I can't solve.

problem 1.

task need to be created when trigger "x" is completed (i got that one solved)

task state changed to success IF AI helicopter manage to "UNLOAD TRANSPORT"; IF NOT "FAILED"

Note: there are 3 AI controlled Helicopters that need to unload troops, the player need to protect them until they unloaded the troops.

problem 2.

player need to get option to (side mission) repair HELICOPTER "WHEN" helicopter damage is >20%

sorry guys, I know it's probably easy but for me me brain is cooking!! 

Posted this in a wrong forum before, sorry MODS.

Okay, there are a few possible approaches to this.

Determining, which one would be the most feasible and efficient, is the more detailed scenario.

Personally, I would take the approach of attaching an event handler to the helicopters that handles the getOut progress:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#GetOut

With some imagination and the information provided within the BIKI, you should be able to get together a neat little script that solves problem 1 for you.

In regards to your second problem:

Once again, event handlers are your friend: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Dammaged

Just attach a global "completeDamage" variable to each and every of the helicopters, and add the corresponding amount of damage dealt to it, respectively for every helo.

You should then set up a check routine, that gets the total amount of damage dealt and launches a script that handles the described tasking and task completion, if the amount of damage is larger than 20%.

(See R3vo's answer down below...)

Hope this could help a bit, if not: let us know!

Edited by Mokka
R3vo was better :D

problem 2.

player need to get option to (side mission) repair HELICOPTER "WHEN" helicopter damage is >20%

Create a trigger with the condition: damage (vehicle player) > 0.2

and sync the trigger to a create task module. From there it's the same as with any other task.

task state changed to success IF AI helicopter manage to "UNLOAD TRANSPORT"; IF NOT "FAILED"

That's not easy to answer, it depends on what can cause the UNLOAD TRANSPORT task to fail. For example that could be if the helicopter got damaged, or some of the units died and so on and so forth.

• Like 1

Oh yes, the nice little modules for this. I never use them myself, but that's a much faster and better approach, R3vo

2 minutes ago, Mokka said:

Oh yes, the nice little modules for this. I never use them myself, but that's a much faster and better approach, R3vo

It really depends. If you want to build a very dynamic mission, functions and EHs are the way to go, for everything else the modules are fine.

• Like 1

Yep, exactly. And in this case my approach is far too complicated and overkill :D

(And may not even have worked ;_; )

1 hour ago, lysan said:

-snip-

I edited your title as "need some help, please]", is quite a useless title. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Create a trigger with the condition: damage (vehicle player) > 0.2

and sync the trigger to a create task module. From there it's the same as with any other task.

That's not easy to answer, it depends on what can cause the UNLOAD TRANSPORT task to fail. For example that could be if the helicopter got damaged, or some of the units died and so on and so forth.

If the helicopter was not able to unload at all, if someone died, i don't consider that as a failure, the helicopter must just unload transport and it's all good. 

however thank you very much for the hint, I will check it out right now.

kay, there are a few possible approaches to this.

Determining, which one would be the most feasible and efficient, is the more detailed scenario.

Personally, I would take the approach of attaching an event handler to the helicopters that handles the getOut progress:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#GetOut

With some imagination and the information provided within the BIKI, you should be able to get together a neat little script that solves problem 1 for you.

In regards to your second problem:

Once again, event handlers are your friend: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#Dammaged

Just attach a global "completeDamage" variable to each and every of the helicopters, and add the corresponding amount of damage dealt to it, respectively for every helo.

You should then set up a check routine, that gets the total amount of damage dealt and launches a script that handles the described tasking and task completion, if the amount of damage is larger than 20%.

(See R3vo's answer down below...)

Hope this could help a bit, if not: let us know!

thanks, I will asap dive in and start read about it.

57 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I edited your title as "need some help, please]", is quite a useless title. 

thanks, I was desperate :) and sorry for the confusing title.

5 hours ago, lysan said:

thanks, I was desperate :) and sorry for the confusing title.

Even if desperate, you should have had time to put an appropriate title