I know that BI is planning on releasing the TAC-OPS DLC sometime in Q3 2017 however I wanted see what the community thinks ought to be included in it. For myself, I am hoping to see the addition of some character assets and a campaign to round off the current storyline. Here is just a quick breakdown of some of the things I'm thinking:

1. Uniforms variants for all factions, to include:

-hooded rain jacket top/combat gear bottom (Malden specific)

-fleece sweater top/combat gear bottom (Altis specific)

-hoodless dive gear top/combat gear bottom (Tanoa specific)

2. Weapon variants 

-SPAR 16L (long barrel) with VFG 

-SPAR 16C (compact) with AFG

-SPAR 17S (short barrel) 

3. AI improvements

-taking and clearing through doorways for OBUA

-dismounting Helicopters in different combat modes(stealth,safe,aware,combat) results in different group formation actions

4. Rappelling from Helicopters

Again that is just a quick list of things I'm hoping for in the TAC-OPS DLC. I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking. Thoughts?

For me I'm not interested in any more assets. I'd like to see well crafted, optimized vanilla coop scenarios using the gigabytes of assets already on my computer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Fair point. I guess that's part of the reason why I was hoping to see a campaign come out. Maybe a coop campaign would be better suited to wrap up the story?

I don't remember any official mention of co-op for this DLC, only SP.

every time i play arma, i notice things, that could be improved with only small amount of work.

f.e. i recently noticed, that the medikit and toolkit have quite decent 3d models with good texturing. also they seem to resemble a backpack, but to carry them, you need to put them in a generic backpack.

not a big problem, but an example of ine of many small oversights, that could improve the game. in this case: readbility of unit types and immersion.

my main wishes for tacops dlc however would be

- further improvment of revive system (ability to move unconscious units and to remove them from vehicles to revive!!!!)

- improvment of medical system (just a little bit more fidelity maybe)

- unification of view distance for MP / proper view distance controls for MP host

- meta AI logic (similar to "hetman" mod. ai general, that works on a strategical level and tries to archieve predefined goals)

- civilian module (like in arma 2)

- more simple AI functions for eden (no scripting), for example having the radius of a "guarded by" trigger define the area in which the guard-unit engages.

- further streamlining of controls/UI. even less dependency on action menu, no more quick action symbols midscreen, when you aim down sights etc.)

- small tweaks to the "visual upgrade": full moon, cloudless nights should not clip to true 0,0,0 black everywhere, main light (sun, moon) should impact (and cast shadows) up to higher levels of overcast

- new explosion effects (can't understand why this isn't brought up constantly. explosions are still very, very bad in arma)

• Like 3

Also, headgear that is just the headset.... how was that never a thing!?! lol

The DLC will be mission centric and it will come with the Malden map (island). I would not  get my hopes up for any gear. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maio said:

The DLC will be mission centric and it will come with the Malden map (island). I would not  get my hopes up for any gear. 

I thought Malden was a separate "free" DLC coming in June and TacOps was for Q3, as per:

a3_post_launch_development_roadmap.png

• Like 1

On May 24, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Flax said:

I thought Malden was a separate "free" DLC coming in June and TacOps was for Q3, as per:

a3_post_launch_development_roadmap.png

ah who the hell knows. We were supposed to get the malden DLC before anything else weren't we? 

I think that timeline has changed since initial release of that yeah? 

22 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

ah who the hell knows. We were supposed to get the malden DLC before anything else weren't we? 

I think that timeline has changed since initial release of that yeah? 

Nope, this has always been the timeline since they did the 2017/18 timeline. Jets and Orange were always first. Jets was about a month and a half after the timeline suggests so it wouldn't be unreasonable to add the same delay to any further releases. 

• Like 1