5 hours ago, armatech said:

seams fixed

Good to hear ^^

I'd like to use this with the Exile mod. If I spawn one of the headlamps and try using it, it doesn't turn on. In my class CfgRemoteExec I added this:

class SAN_fnc_ToggleHeadlamp { allowedTargets=2; };
        class SAN_fnc_sendJIPinfo { allowedTargets=2; };

Not sure if that's correct. What do I have to do so they work in Exile?

4 hours ago, betterdeadthanzed said:

I'd like to use this with the Exile mod. If I spawn one of the headlamps and try using it, it doesn't turn on. In my class CfgRemoteExec I added this:

class SAN_fnc_ToggleHeadlamp { allowedTargets=2; };
        class SAN_fnc_sendJIPinfo { allowedTargets=2; };

Not sure if that's correct. What do I have to do so they work in Exile?

Try changing those 2s into 0s. 

Here's a post from the Workshop in which Exile compatibility is discussed: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/930264602/1291816880503818854/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

On 21.5.2017 at 6:46 PM, MrSanchez said:

- Light does not follow the head during ambient animations (engine issue)

Is there a reason why you don't use attachTo for the lamp?

_lamp setPosASL ((eyePos _unit) vectorAdd [((_offsetVector select 0) * cos _vdir) + ((_offsetVector select 1) * sin _vdir), (((_offsetVector select 1) * cos _vdir) - (_offsetVector select 0) * sin _vdir), _offsetVector select 2]); 

An attached lamp using one of the head memorypoints would follow the head movement perfectly (with the only exception beeing when you sit in a vehicle) and would be much lighter on the scripting required.

That calculation of yours would be a good fallback when a unit is in a vehicle, otherwise attachTo is much better.

20 hours ago, Tajin said:

Is there a reason why you don't use attachTo for the lamp?

An attached lamp using one of the head memorypoints would follow the head movement perfectly

Unfortunately that last bit is not true in the ArmA engine. The head in Arma 3 characters is actually a proxy and ArmA 3 (unlike VBS :p) does not allow you to get a proxy object from a parent object and use it with attachTo. 

Using attachTo with the 'head' memorypoint would result in the lamp being attached to the head alright but when you change orientation it all fucks up. A post of mine about it a while ago.

You could see how it messes up yourself by attaching a little sphere object to the character's forehead (using offset) and then try looking around with different stances. 

My first proof of concept actually used attachTo and that's when I found out it wouldn't work properly. I can't remember any other reasons why I switched, it's been a year and a half since. 

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Interesting, I guess I'll have to fiddle with that again. I remember using the "neck" and "pilot" memory points and these seemed to work quite well for me (that was I think 4 years ago).

I'll let you know what I find out. :)

• Like 1

Just started using your mod, seems pretty great so far. One issue I'm running into, though, is that the headlamp only seems to work at night (after 7pm or so). If I have a daytime mission, the headlamp won't work even if I'm in a dark area (inside a building with no windows, for example). Any idea why this is?

Thanks!