Basil Simon Samuel

Titan Compact: Can't lock on targets since latest update

Since the latest update I can't lock on targets with the Titan Compact anymore. AA seems to work, even without pressing "T".

I have the Jets DLC, no mods installed. I did reset my keybindings after the latest update. Anyone else has that problem?

Hi folks,

I'm having the same issue. I'm unable to lock on targets with my Titan Launcher. I've read some forums where they say that changing the key binding fixes the issue or that I must be sure that the "reveal target" and "lock target" key are the same. I've checked and try all of that and it still doesn't work. I go to thermal mode and zoom in, which doesn't help either. Thinking that the mission (Moral Fiber) could be bugged, I went to the Virtual Arsenal to try the Titan launcher, it didn't work either as well. The tank that appears on the mission is up and running. For also some weird reason, the AT soldier on my squad doesn't fire the launcher at the tank when I command him to do so. 

I don't have any mods installed and my version is currently is the one below: 

Game version: 1.70.141838

Anymore news on this? I've been away for over a month and it was working normally before I left.

Of note is that not only doesn't the AT lock on anymore but when you fire a missile there's not even a hint of any recoil at all.

Really? I have no issues using the AT and AA versions of Titan launcher. AS the above post said, the target needs to be heated up-ie, the engine needs to be running so it shows white in the IR view. If the vehicle is off and cold it will not lock on. 

I put a column of 8 T-100's going down a road in Safe Mode. Cold night. Clearly visible in Thermal mode.

I set up four AT teams, 8 launchers.

Not one guy fired off a missile. They reacted to the tanks, even put the missiles on their shoulders. They took a knee, sighted in and no one fired.

So, no it isn't working and hasn't been working since the Jets DLC came out.

UPDATE: I resolved my issues by deleting all of my mods and addons. One of them must have been interfering in my game.

• Like 1

I was testing this with the armed drones and they will no longer hit what I am pointing at. The OPFOR drones work fine, but the Blue force missiles don't work.

They won't hit hot or cold armor. Not so long ago, the missiles would hit what ever you were looking at. Now they just fly off.

Also, when they do lock on a target, they miss by a few feet. No kills.

Was this supposed to make the game better, because it hasn't.

It isn't fun nor 'realistic'.

Please take a closer look at this.

7 minutes ago, lavbo0321 said:

I was testing this with the armed drones and they will no longer hit what I am pointing at. The OPFOR drones work fine, but the Blue force missiles don't work.

They won't hit hot or cold armor. Not so long ago, the missiles would hit what ever you were looking at. Now they just fly off.

Also, when they do lock on a target, they miss by a few feet. No kills.

Was this supposed to make the game better, because it hasn't.

It isn't fun nor 'realistic'.

Please take a closer look at this.

I personally have no issues since the Jet DLC. Are you using any mods? Have you raised a feedback ticket (https://feedback.bistudio.com/)? Did you read the changes - https://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-sensor-overhaul ?

I turned off all Mods. I am thinking of deleting all of my mods and reinstalling ARMA 3 all together.

I just updated all of my drivers. Still no joy.

1 minute ago, lavbo0321 said:

I turned off all Mods. I am thinking of deleting all of my mods and reinstalling ARMA 3 all together.

Perhaps verify your game cache in Steam

I just updated all of my drivers. Still no joy.

This will have no effect on the Arma3 game engine.

I did verify. I do get random errors on startup saying I am missing something from some random mod config folder.

Tonight, I will do a clean sweep, and reinstall.

And, I am not the only one having these issues. Also, I read that Dev post. My game doesn't work like that. When I am lasing a target from a ground or airborne platform, it never works as advertised. I will update once I have a clean game. Most of my mods are old, and I am sure they are somehow degrading my experience.

11 hours ago, lavbo0321 said:

I did verify. I do get random errors on startup saying I am missing something from some random mod config folder.

Tonight, I will do a clean sweep, and reinstall.

Sounds like a mod issue indeed, a clean reinstall would be wise.

And, I am not the only one having these issues. Also, I read that Dev post. My game doesn't work like that. When I am lasing a target from a ground or airborne platform, it never works as advertised. I will update once I have a clean game. Most of my mods are old, and I am sure they are somehow degrading my experience.

Lasing a target changed in the Jet DLC update, you need to press a key now rather than it automatically working.

So I deleted all mods and addons.

BOOM. My AT teams work fine. And now, all my AI units detect and fight normally now.

So one of my old mods was messing with my game.

However, the drones have to be in a nose dive pointed right at a target to get a lock. This is dumb! and unrealistic.

The bombs work great, but you only have 2 on a Sentinel.

I can't loiter at a nice safe altitude and rain death from above like before. Just like we do in Pakistan and the middle East.

You have to dive down and get a lock before fire a missile off. This needs to be fixed.

54 minutes ago, lavbo0321 said:

So I deleted all mods and addons.

BOOM. My AT teams work fine. And now, all my AI units detect and fight normally now.

So one of my old mods was messing with my game.

However, the drones have to be in a nose dive pointed right at a target to get a lock. This is dumb! and unrealistic.

The bombs work great, but you only have 2 on a Sentinel.

I can't loiter at a nice safe altitude and rain death from above like before. Just like we do in Pakistan and the middle East.

You have to dive down and get a lock before fire a missile off. This needs to be fixed.

I get the feeling you do not really know what you're doing. You can slew the target camera into any direction befor you lockt it by using numpad.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 5:13 PM, Beagle said:

I get the feeling you do not really know what you're doing. You can slew the target camera into any direction befor you lockt it by using numpad.

The missiles on the drones will only lock on a heated target that is in front of the drone. If you turn and lock onto a target with Ctrl+T or the number pad, the missile will not lock onto it or hit it as it worked before the last upgrade. Unless the target is whiten the missiles cone of view, in front.

Dropping bombs works great. You find a target, Ctrl+T, then lase it, and then hit T to get the diamond, and when the bars are solid, drop the bomb. No solid lines and the bomb will miss.

Unless I am missing something, please educate me.

If you have ACE installed, ACE reworks how locking weapons are done.

You have to:
A) Change the "NLAW Track Target (Hold) bind or the "Track Target (Hold) bind to whatever you want.
B) Just use the default bind.

Once you have your key bind set, HOLD the key you bound while aiming at a target and it will start to lock.