burdy

Problem with a hint firing from an addaction on a Dedicated Server

Hey,

So I got an issue - this little script works fine in SP but not MP (dedicated). I'm aware there are some locality conflicts, but every attempt to clean it up ends in failure. I was under the assumption that the hint should still fire for the client who activates the addaction, as it would be local to his computer? Essentially, the script is a simple conversation action which should alert the player of the condition which is set in the script. 

So on a few AI I have this :

this addAction ["Ask about the downed slick","HUEY.sqf"];

and in the HUEY.sqf I have this :

if (triggeractivated NE_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick went down in the North-east corridor of the zone" remoteExec ["hint",[0,-2] select isDedicated,true]}; 
if (triggeractivated NW_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick went down in the North-west corridor of the zone" remoteExec ["hint",[0,-2] select isDedicated,true]};
if (triggeractivated SW_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick went down in the South-west corridor of the zone" remoteExec ["hint",[0,-2] select isDedicated,true]};
if (triggeractivated SE_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick went down in the South-east corridor of the zone" remoteExec ["hint",[0,-2] select isDedicated,true]};    
if (triggeractivated Dead_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick's already been taken care off" remoteExec ["hint",[0,-2] select isDedicated,true]};    

and despite using the remoteExec, the hint's still wont fire for the client on a dedicated. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

If you want to reach the player who activate the action:

_this execVM "HUEY.sqf"; // to pass the addAction parameters (unit,target,id)

then in the sqf:

_unit = _this select 0;

if (triggeractivated NE_1) then { "Last I heard, that slick went down in the North-east corridor of the zone" remoteExec ["hint",_unit]}; // no JIP, only _unit concerned.

Check also your trigger activation. Try without condition.

_this execVM "HUEY.sqf"; <-- Where exactly would I put this? Put it in the direction (NW_1, NE_1, etc) triggers to no avail (as in, the script worked in the editor but nothing on the dedi), and couldn't place it in the addaction from what I've tried. 

Any leads? Every combination has failed so far

You dont need to be using remoteExec if youre doing this locally for a client for one.

Here is a BIS example:

_act = player addAction ["Exec the file", "somescript.sqf"]

If you already know its local, you should be able to rework that for your purposes, including whats above :)