Hello

As I near the completion of my first mission, I wanted to add in a slow black fade in screen, followed by 5 lines of text in the lower right corner at the start of the mission. the timing for that would be default for both. How would I go about making this happen?

Now I've obtained the script and watched a guide on What it does (down below) but I haven't found one that shows how to set it up setp by step.  I've been having an extremely hard time editing it fit my needs, let alone inserting into the mission. Please go easy on me, I'm brand new to mission making and scripting is completely foreign to me. I'm here to learn!

Create a "initPlayerLocal.sqf" (or use the init.sqf if you are in singleplayer) in your mission directory and put this in it:

player enableSimulation false; // Player is not allowed to move while he can't see anything
titleText ["", "BLACK FADED", 5]; // Black screen
sleep 5; // Waits 5 seonds
titleText ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; // Black screen dissapears
player enableSimulation true; // Allows the player to move again
["LINE1","LINE2","LINE3","LINE4"] call BIS_fnc_infoText; // Shows your message

The BIS_fnc_infoText limits the amount of lines you can use to 4. The fifth one is cut off.

And welcome to the wonderawful world of scripting!

3 minutes ago, 7erra said:

Create a "initPlayerLocal.sqf" (or use the init.sqf if you are in singleplayer) in your mission directory and put this in it:

player enableSimulation false; // Player is not allowed to move while he can't see anything
titleText ["", "BLACK FADED", 5]; // Black screen
sleep 5; // Waits 5 seonds
titleText ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; // Black screen dissapears
player enableSimulation true; // Allows the player to move again
["LINE1","LINE2","LINE3","LINE4"] call BIS_fnc_infoText; // Shows your message

The BIS_fnc_infoText limits the amount of lines you can use to 4. The fifth one is cut off.

And welcome to the wonderawful world of scripting!

Thank you very much.