@dlegion

Hey Dlegion... Can you give me some advise?
I want to have just DRAG & DROP & melee in my mission. What do I do?

sure!
just open the "drag-drop-melee" folder in my package, then inside you find "Dedited" folder, open it, inside you find a file named: " initPlayerLocal.sqf "
place that file in your mission if you already dont have one. if you have....you will have to merge its content with your own file.
voilà!

it should enable just drag& drop of every object / person, and allow melee on the enemys.
let me know if all works !

• Like 1

anyone interested in some testing ? i'm working on new features :)

will host a server tonight...join if interested!
name will be "DWAR Domination Vanilla 2.0" !

hey guys!
any suggestion for features you wish to see added to DEV-A3 ?
come on, dont be shy !!

....added mine detector, vanilla just dont work !

Maybe add Duda's Scripts(rappel, towing. etc) to complete the package.

Hi. Thanks for the pack of scripts.

Note: The drag and drop script has one side-effect after dragging say a wounded soldier, your character no longer can run even if you try and switch walk/run, he just walks even if you try to sprint.

It seems the line player forceWalk false;  was left out, so i added in for Load in just after line detach _u;  and that fixes the issue.

Also I have a request if possible if you could add to the drag and drop script, a fireman's carry open. There used to be a script to use fireman's carry animation on a wounded unit (cant seem to find it) but used to have a script like this. Where you can pick up the wounded and carry over shoulder and then an animation to put down on the ground again.  So if you could add that to the drag and drop script that would be cool. This used to be built into Arma 2 if i am not mistaken, so its bewildering why they removed it in Arma 3, especially with the recent DLC pack with extra medical props and ambulances etc. Anyway if this could be added in it would really help out for mission makers who want to do rescue type missions as well as general missions- where you might want to move a wounded player away from the action before reviving etc.

I know Ace 3 has this system, but unfortunately Ace tends to break things with Arma modules sometimes.

I found some old animation codes but might be out of date.

- picking up body: "AcinPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcinPercMrunSnonWnonDnon"

- dropping carried body: "AcinPercMstpSrasWrflDnon";

- body being picked up: "AinjPfalMstpSnonWnonDnon_carried_Up"

- body being carried: "AinjPfalMstpSnonWnonDf_carried_dead"

- body being dropped: "AinjPfalMstpSnonWnonDnon_carried_Down"

thanks for the suggestion!

right now i'm a bit busy with too many work and RL in general, but will give a try for sure when i have time!
in fact its a feature i like a lot and wish to add soon or later (damned BI for removing it!!!).
thanks man!