----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 DEV-A3               --- Dlegion's Enhanced Vanilla - Arma 3 ---         adding the ARMA3 missing features
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                               by DLEGION (email: ddelfino@hotmail.com)

DOWNLOAD:

(if someone want to put this on armaholic thats welcome)

--EDIT---here is a video of the features:  

Vanilla (default) ARMA3 gameplay and gameworld interaction is way too limited, really unacceptable for today standard, especially for a game like ARMA3!
each DLC (like jets) that comes out, i ask myself why,why and why they dont want to fix simple things like attach explosives to objects/vehicles,
open inventory underwater (at least charges!!), manipulate game objects like move barrels, push a car ecc.....but obviously they dont intend to fix all this.

here is why i searched for scripts that enhance vanilla gameplay, and merged them togheter fixing all the problems to have a single stable script base
to enahance gameplay (so no mod needed, just join a server with this scripts and play!).
it took me almost 1 year to discover all this awesome scripts and edit them to make they work togheter, i dont want any glory, just give back something
to the community that helped me, and make life easier for other people in my situation, so in few minutes and not a year they will set-up theyr enhanced gameplay!

its a collection of many scripts, made from different authors,all great people, that gived me permission to use theyr awesome work (and in many cases helped me editing).
i made it so its Multiplayer, Join-In-Progress and respawn compatible, there is no noticeable FPS or any kind of performance drop
(adding 1 infantry squad to the game has waaay more impact on performance).

it adds many very basic features so much needed for any game of this kind. to name some of the most relevant:
- logistic to EVERY game object, including man, allow move every object (can disable unwanted objects by a variable or class)
- attach explosives to EVERY object (including man, unnamed map objects like trees, vehicles ecc...) and detonate only specific one.
- drag & drop wounded, alive or corpses!
- melee kill.
- make AI (of your side) join your squad and command of it.
- factory to build every object for a cost (can limit object types) and credit sytem.
- dual (secondary) primary weapon, to carry two primary.
- selectable grenades throw force, can pick-up and throw-back grenades.
- selectable random civilian spawn with traffic in a range around player.
- magazines repack.
- random survivable helicopters and aircraft crashes
- towing system to recover damaged vehicles or simply bring one more around.
- many more little tweaks.

as i saied it has no noticeable performance impact, every feature is selectable or can be removed (knowing how edit scripts),
are just scripts,so everyone who will join your mission will found this ready and working without need of mods !

this lack of gameplay interactions was killing my game experience, i was about to drop ARMA for other games,
but thanks to the help of some guys i was able to make this, and finally play happily!

for helping a poor script-noob like me,and sahring theyr work, my best and sincere thanks to (in random order):
 Dolf,Sarogahtyp,Pierremgi,Kauppapekka, Nikander, BlacKnightBK, Lucullus, Xeno, Ilias48RUS,French R3F team and especially KillJoe, Serena,
Fred41,Grumpy Old Man, Tankbuster, Larrow, Midnighters, Davidoss,Zorilya,Stealthstick...and everyone else that helped!

i will not name them, but i wish to let you know that there is people that called me "troll", laughted at me and closed my post about fixing
the game just for pointing out that ARMA, after 16 years of development, still lacks very basic features, and that developers should take care of this problem.
afterall, thanks to the "good guys" that helped me (a lot), seems that was possible in simple way and few time to fix the basic features,
 with no noticeable performance impact at all.
i still dream about devs giving one single day of theyr work to fix once for all the basic ARMA features...but seems that is just a dream.

THANKS AND HAVE FUN !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED CONTENT LIST  ---  edited where needed by Dlegion just to merge properly all togheter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BETTER GRENADE THROW  -- by Serena       

DRAG & DROP & melee   -- by llias48RUS   

dual_primary_weapon   -- by Nes Monartis

Explosives_To_Vehicles -- by zooloo75

magazine repack        -- by  Outlawled (updated to 3.1.2 by GiPPO)

survivable crashes     -- by r0ed

3D explosives & re-throw -- by zorylias

enhanced movements       -- by bad benson

R3F logistic system      -- by R3F team  (i cant share this because i dont have permission,
                            i'm sorry about that, i suggest you to download the original from:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26159

or if you wish to apply logistic to everything, contact me, i will explain how modify the script ! )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONAL CONTENT FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE, i use this addons that are compatible with vanilla ARMA3 (you can join a server with them even if you dont have the addons)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

enhanced movements    --  by bad benson         ( to climb obstacles ecc...)

unlocked uniforms     --  by haleks             ( can wear any game uniform)

A.R.E.S.              --  by antonStruyk        ( better zeus functionalities)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well...i did my best to make it easy and keep modularity:

SIMPLE:
copy the "MPMissions" folder into your  arma3 main folder for use with dedicated server, and/or in your :
C:/user/YOURuSERnAME/documents/arma3    folder and/or   C:/user/YOURuSERnAME/documents/arma3 - other profiles
now you can play my mission with all script included and working directly from editor, or making a server (on dedicated works best)

ADVANCED:
same as simple, but if you know how script, you can customize the scripts you want by using the included stand-alone versions (already edited by me).
you will find all single scripts in a folder with theyr name.
obviously you can take the scripts to use with YOUR own mission!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

============ E D I T ===================
MISSIONS INCLUDED:

DWAR Domination mission

DWAR 1.0 is a domination mission (Xeno style, to get the idea), set on Altis island (so vanilla compatible),
that features 4 teams: RED and BLU have theyr own bases at the extreme corners of the island, have some vehicles that will respawn (if destroyed) with different times,
unlimited arsenal (on some vehicles too), H.A.L.O. jumps, and theyr objectives is capture all randomly selected towns one by one (by default in GREEN hands).
Island itself, and its towns, are dominated by GREEN faction by default, that uses A.I. bots to populate and defend critical locations.
player can also play as GREEN, helping A.I. to defend islands from BLU and/or RED invasion.
if you want you can play as civilian too, the island is populated by random civilian on foot and civilian traffic on roads, so you can easily get disguised as a A.I. bot.
civilians have no specific mission, but they can disturb other factions plans :)
technically you can play as spectator too, lol.

other than primary targets (the randomly selected towns) there is always a randomly selected secondary mission (save hostages, destroy objective, stole vehicle ecc)
and there is in the middle of the island a central airport with a factory, where you can build any kind of vehicle or structure for free, so its very important conquer it and hold it!
to add some variation, 4 squads of RED and BLU start from the respective bases and move to the middle of the island, fighting enemys on theyr way, and trying to capture airport and near zones,
and as they ger killed, they respawn at bases with same objective! (so you have to face random situations where there are enemys in random places of the island).

CTS capture the suitcase mission

very simple CTF style mission, RED and BLU team both have to take a suitcase, and bring it to extraction point.
the interesting feature here is that this mission never ends, you just get credits to spend on your factory when your side win.
and every round is different because it choose a random point from more than (hand placed) 50 spots, then randomly place all other objects like HQ,extraction points ecc...in a radius of +200 -200,
this create so many possibilieties that every round is unique (your HQ or extraction can spawn on water too, for example, making for scuba fighting rounds).

========== E D I T ===========
please, feel free to suggest other awesome gameplay scripts you wish to see implemented in this pack, i will do my best to merge them (if author gives permission)!

• Like 5

edited topic, added a video about features :)

I wonder if he means that clients don't need the mod but the server does. That's the way I read it. 

Hey @dlegion, this looks like a fantastic Arma 3 feature compilation. Thanks for sharing. I m sure that I ll implement this on my server in future. I love all stuff which enhances a vanilla players game feeling.

• Like 1

really thanks Foxhound !
to kremator: exactly, i run the server with the mods enabled, and 100% pure vanilla can join it and play and see all correctly, they just cannot use them by themselfs if they have not the mod.
(example : you see another player with enhanced movements climbing on a roof, but you cannot do it by yourself if you haven't the mod).

EDIT: thanks sarogathtyp, also for your help, you're part of this creation !!!

@kremator & dlegion

Thanks for clearing up my confusion :)

**OMG I hate this editor. I wish it had a source button. Now I cant get rid of bold

np, i should have been clearer in my original post :)
to complete the information, i wish to let you know that the included missions are :
DWAR: a Xeno style domination heavily edited by me. 4 factions (also civilians are playable), BLU vs RED compete to capture GREEN towns (and secondary objectives), can be played coop, TvsT, TvsAI, TvsTvsT, T_with_AI_vs_T, and any combination.
CTS: and a CTF style mission, 2 teams compete to capture a suitcase (the "flag") and bring it to extraction point.
hope you enjoy guys :)

i edited post, making a " MISSIONS INCLUDED " section, describing how the 2 included missions works!
hope you like them guys !

Thanks man !

I tried to improve immersion by improving interaction !

I'd pay BIS $100 right now, to add a DLC Features Pack. The community already has more than plenty of Weapons and Vehicles we can add.

We can't climb over a wall, carry a downed squad mate, or pick back up a claymore. I'm sure each of us could go on a small rant about all kinds of stuff that seems terribly out-of-step. Agreed. Way to go. +1000.

But hey, at least we have Jets! (Didn't we already have those?)

;)

• Like 3

thanks Von Quest, you expressed my same feelings !!

ah...and if someone interested, i often run a dedicated server, if you want to play with me will be my pleasure!
contact me on ddelfino@hotmail.com

Hey guys...im working on version 2.0 , adding more features....please let me know if there is a feature you wosh to see included or you know a script you wish to see included !

Thanks !!

Hey dlegion,

I ve currently no time to script on my servers mission and therefore I ve a question.

You told that someone can safely enable these mods server side and vanilla players can join the mission as well as those who use the mods:

enhanced movements    --  by bad benson         ( to climb obstacles ecc...)

unlocked uniforms     --  by haleks             ( can wear any game uniform)

A.R.E.S.              --  by antonStruyk        ( better zeus functionalities)

Is that true for sure if I just download that mods on steam workshop to my server, enable them and put the .bikeys into keys directory?

Or did u modify anything in ur missions and/or in the mods to make it possible for vanilla players to enter the mission?

I m at work at the moment and the only thing I can do here is manage my server like enabling or disabling mods.

good question :)
well i modified everything, including  *.pbo too... its more than a year that i work on this, and honestly after a PC format i think i lost some infos about what i edited, i can search, but its safer consider it all edited.
with my version is 100% tested and i can safely say it works even on ultra-vanilla arma3 (no apex, no DLCs, ecc....just basic arma3).

@ares is a special and unique case....because i didnt edited anything about it, and they writed that CBA_A3 is needed to run it. obviously running CBA makes vanilla no longer compatible, so i just tried running it without CBA,
and seems that @ares works perfectly also without CBA_A3 !

as side note, i use TADST to run a dedicated server, and all mods were downloaded manually, put manually into folder, and added to the launcher manually. dunno if it makes any difference!

2 hours ago, dlegion said:

good question :)
well i modified everything, including  *.pbo too... its more than a year that i work on this, and honestly after a PC format i think i lost some infos about what i edited, i can search, but its safer consider it all edited.
with my version is 100% tested and i can safely say it works even on ultra-vanilla arma3 (no apex, no DLCs, ecc....just basic arma3).

@ares is a special and unique case....because i didnt edited anything about it, and they writed that CBA_A3 is needed to run it. obviously running CBA makes vanilla no longer compatible, so i just tried running it without CBA,
and seems that @ares works perfectly also without CBA_A3 !

as side note, i use TADST to run a dedicated server, and all mods were downloaded manually, put manually into folder, and added to the launcher manually. dunno if it makes any difference!

yeah my server is ultra vanilla and if I understood correct then a user who downloaded the enhanced movement mod from the official source cant join the server. Those player needs your version of the EM mod. is this correct?

Actually... Not correct.

From my test, seems that :

Running dedicated server with my mods version,

Allow people that have the mod (be it my version or not ) to use the mod

i made this mod with compatibility BEFORE everything else, so it is absolutely compatible with 100% vanilla ARMA3 (no mods at all),
and ARMA3 with mods loaded on server (@enhanced_movements, ARES, unlocked_uniforms) .
if a player join server, having this mods, be it my version or another version, it should work, the worst case scenario being the mod not working for them (like if they use vanilla),
BUT they will absolutely be able to join the server and play !
this is tested !

These are good news. In that case I ll use ur mod version on server and put the official. Bikes on it.
Thx for clarifying.

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

....testing with jets dlc....for now....all seems to work properly....

ok guys...after many test, ican affirm that works perfectly with jets DLC too !
it even let you buy the new aircraft from factory, pricing them correctly !
(obviously if you have not buy the DLC, you can "create" the aircraft, but not pilot it, lol ! )