Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Ms gamevoice registration problem

I just bought me a MS Gamevoice system and am currently registrating it on the Microsoft Homepage. Now MS wants to know my PID or serial no. .

Which one is meant?

The one on the paper-cover of the software-CD, the one on the bottom of my control pad, or another one?

It sucks, I already tried all of them and still can`t register. Do I have to write the code with the "-"s ?

E.g. 1234-5678-90 ?

Damn registration, they say look under help and info, there you get your PID. Which help is meant??

Aaaaaargh sad.gifmad.gif

Yeah, I bought Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick and when I tried registering it via their online system it wouldn't accept my PID either, so I said screw this.

You get free 90 day phone support (albeit not toll free), so don't register it until you have a need to phone their tech support. They'll register it over the phone with you if you haven't registered it already and your 90-day support will begin from that date (just say you bought it the day before when you call them).

I spent a good hour on the phone with a Microsoft tech guy trying to find out why my new joystick won't get detected. Can you believe he told me:

"Because of the metal base plate the joystick uses very often a static occurs. I'll ask you now to shut your computer down and unplug/plug your joystick USB plug 20 times to get rid of any static".

Can you believe that ? In the end I ended up getting a replacement from the store, not to mention long distance phone charges for calling all the way across nation.

No one? confused.gif

Guys, I don`t want a PID, I just don`t know which one the guys from Microsoft want from me. I even tried my Win98 key sad.gif

Another question:

I have the Creative Inspire 5.100 surround system. Is there a way to switch from surround system to headphones by a button or so. The manual says that works with the Line Out, but I have dozens of wires under my desk that go to my Audigy gamer and to my subwoofer. Has anyone with the same speaker system maybe a hint for me?

Oh, you were faster, advocatexxx. At least I`m not alone with my problem. Damn MS. They want me to register and I want also, but they screw it up mad.gif

i got gamevoice and tbh i dont see the point in registering it, you dont gain anything do you? it works and thats all that matters (having said that i wasnt prompted to register which is a first with M$ products)