Hello,

the last update ruined the game experience completly,

the disadvantage  for people who play King of the Hill and are not playing with premates is now incredible big.

The AA has to lock on again everytime one rocket was shot, the rockets hit even less than before, the new radar is not showing the right symbols and you cant see shit on it. 

The Tanks got no rangefinder? You cant lock on to enemy tanks? Where is the sense? Why do you downgrade the game?

Why is the Minimap now on the otherside of the screen while driving a normal tank? Why cant you move it? 

What the hell is going on with the camera while flying chopper in 3rd person?? why cant you leave it as it was, now you need VR and a Headtracker to fly proper?

Im angry and slowly but surely im losing the  believe in this game and the dev's.

Explanation would be great

1 hour ago, rasmus said:

Hello,

the last update ruined the game experience completly,

the disadvantage  for people who play King of the Hill and are not playing with premates is now incredible big.

Please remeber the update only landed this week, i am sure KOTH will be updated to how they want to use the new settings.

The AA has to lock on again everytime one rocket was shot, the rockets hit even less than before, the new radar is not showing the right symbols and you cant see shit on it. 

This part of the new JET DLC, did you read the dev blog regarding the radar changes?

The Tanks got no rangefinder? You cant lock on to enemy tanks? Where is the sense? Why do you downgrade the game?

What vehicle are you trying to use?

Why is the Minimap now on the otherside of the screen while driving a normal tank? Why cant you move it? 

You can move and change the UI within Arma3, perhaps change the position of it if you don't like it 

What the hell is going on with the camera while flying chopper in 3rd person??

The Devs have already seen this, as the 3rd person was updated for Jets. Alternatively you could fly in 1st person, a much better experience (unless you can't of course). 

why cant you leave it as it was, now you need VR and a Headtracker to fly proper?

Im angry and slowly but surely im losing the  believe in this game and the dev's.

No need for VR as the game doesn't support it and no you don't need a trackIR, perhaps take time to read the update changes and check your keybinds and practice in the editor. 

• Like 3

So the new update is to give the tanks more disadvantage? Before the update it was hard to hit with AA rockets.  Now its allmost impossible? 

Im using every MBT and APC and there is no Rangefinder and not Lock on anymore and no its not my settings

19 minutes ago, rasmus said:

So the new update is to give the tanks more disadvantage? Before the update it was hard to hit with AA rockets.  Now its allmost impossible? 

Im using every MBT and APC and there is no Rangefinder and not Lock on anymore and no its not my settings

As i said previous have you actually read what the Jet DLC brings, it brings more realistic Anti-Air. Before the update i found it too easy to hit with AA and aircraft didn't have much of a chance. 

These don't have AA missiles, or are you referring to the main barrel of the unit.

Or are you using the RHS mod which has its own set of FCS controls?

If you could explain concisely we maybe able to understand your issue(s) better

*sigh* how long is this slew of moronic posts going to be flying in?

You most definitely can lock onto tanks, turn your radar on dummy.

I wouldn't expect one blast of your AA rocket, nor even two if the pilot understands how to dump flares properly. Even if they deploy flares, that doesn't necessarily grant them safety from an AA rocket.

A jet going 1000+ km/h and you expect the rocket to A) Keep on course B) Keep on course despite the speed and the flares? 

The helpfulness of infantry helps out when designating targets. The third person camera isn't likely to change, it's just like this:

If you don't like something that has changed. Get used to it, because as far as i'm concerned it was definitely purposeful. 

Im talking about APC and MBT's where you cant press T anymore to lock on to enemy tanks or cars or landed choppers etc. If this game would be more realistic 1 single AA misile hit would blast a Jet and before this update it was at least a fair fight between air and ground and ofc a good jet pilot with a A10 for example allways won but now... you need like 3 AA-Tanks to be able to fight on Buzzard

2 minutes ago, rasmus said:

Im talking about APC and MBT's where you cant press T anymore to lock on to enemy tanks or cars or landed choppers etc. If this game would be more realistic 1 single AA misile hit would blast a Jet and before this update it was at least a fair fight between air and ground and ofc a good jet pilot with a A10 for example allways won but now... you need like 3 AA-Tanks to be able to fight on Buzzard

You live in quite the dreamland. I'm not sure you played very much with the A-10 before this did you? Because in my experience you got shot the down and crashed upon 1 hit of an AA missile. Which is not realistic, and never will be. God forbid you may need designation on your  targets. If you think that you need 3 AA vehicles to take down a buzzard, then you obviously haven't even tried to shoot it down have you? You shot once and expected it to burn to the ground.

Dude i got 2k Hours in Koth, im over level 160 this game was my life, i know what i am talking about, it takes 3 Hits to destroy a Wipeout in Koth Vanilla. end of the story and you are not qualified to answer i guess. you can move on

6 minutes ago, rasmus said:

Dude i got 2k Hours in Koth i know what i am talking about, it tales 3 Hits to destroy a Wipeout in Koth Vanilla. end of the story and you are not qualified to answer i guess. you can move on

Fantastic. KOTH is nothing more than watered down call of duty, I don't want to hear about your experiences or experience in both. I'm not qualified to answer? I've flown these jets pre-jets dlc and have fired AA rockets at them many times, I was testing a script of mine to eject pilots out after AA rocket damage and I actually tested the total damage it did. Not likely you would be able to land after even 1 shot by an AA rocket. 

I have a little over 2,700 hours in the game in it's entirety. KOTH is your own little - wanna be world. 

POST Jets DLC I saw a massive improvement in the hotpoint damage, instantly it was more challenging and difficult to totally take down a jet. Which is how it should be, you shouldn't be able to take a plane down with a couple of shots of AA. Especially when they may have just slightly hit you, or you dumped flares and pulled up. 

• Like 1

why do you even answer when i am talking about KOTH all postlong? Koth / Wasteland got a massiv community and every update the issues in those  mods get worse. and if you need to answer again give your best. AA = 3 Hits wipeout and buzzard. end of the story

1 minute ago, rasmus said:

why do you even answer when i am talking about KOTH all postlong? Koth / Wasteland got a massiv community and every update the issues in those  mods get worse. and if you need to answer again give your best. AA = 3 Hits wipeout and buzzard. end of the story

Ooooh lovely, you even have the mindset of a KOTH player! Oooh, this is going to be very interesting. I could care less about how massive the community is, "every update the issue in those mods get worse". Maybe it's the lack of support? Maybe it's the lack of quality? Maybe it's the lack of gameplay? . I think you should try hitting the plane straight on in the editor or something rather than just shoot and go pew pew pew at people in your oh so massive KOTH community. I think you'll see as to why you're not destroying the thing in a couple of hits. The position in which you damage it at is the key here.

shoot. 

Just like "Lifers" KOTH players thing this game was made solely for them.. and it's a constant bitch and moan session after every FREE upgrade.

• Like 7

lol.... it's to make the game more versatile and realistic aka what most of us would call fun

This topic is just descending into name calling and trolling. 

OP-there are several threads already dedicated to all aspects of the recently released game updates, as well as KOTH specific topics. These will probably be more beneficial to you. 

I am locking this thread now, for the reasons stated above.

• Like 1