sasha013

Chris Cornell

I can't believe it, the voice behind Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun, what a shock. 52 years of age too, so young. 

Anyone like myself who grew up in the Grunge age will feel this like I do... 

• Like 3

Wow that is unexpected. Was literally playing Arma yesterday and for some weird reason put on the Miami Vice movie soundtrack to play along with -which is all Cornell. Guy was a major, major vocal talent with a one-of-a-kind voice.

R.I.P

• Like 3

Man, this is such sad news, I listen to Chris most days, and have done for over 30 years.....beautiful voice, beautiful man.....troubled soul.

• Like 4

He will be sadly missed. Up there with Mercury and Bowie. A true great. R.I.P.

1 hour ago, sasha013 said:

He will be sadly missed. Up there with Mercury and Bowie. A true great. R.I.P.

Not even close to Mercury and Bowie. A talented musician, yes, but let's not get carried away with ourselves here.

2 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Not even close to Mercury and Bowie. A talented musician, yes, but let's not get carried away with ourselves here.

Dude, the thread was created to pay respect to Chris, not to take people to task over their own personal viewpoint.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan. I'll miss him and his music greatly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

To be honest, I was pretty shocked and a little upset when I wrote this, so maybe I did exagerate my viewpoint a bit. Understand though, Soundgarden was my childhood. No band/music, no singer, no lyrics struck me like they did, like he did in fact, so for me he's still one of the greats, but that's more of a personal view. 

• Like 1

Ouch...didnt even read about this in the news, just here right now after posting some music titles.

Damn, Soundgarden was one of my favourite bands in the 90s. I was at a concert in this time to see them and we were dancing to the music in the clubs..awesome band.

• Like 3