On 22.6.2017 at 4:59 PM, Rich_R said:

I have a weird situation.

Using everything as set up in your example mission I place down a rangemaster and can access the script no problem. But if I replace that character (going through the attributes route) to a soldier, the option wont come up.

I first came across this issue using custom units, then tested CUP units, then tested vanilla soldiers. Did the test in a strictly vanilla environment as well with the same results.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you've replaced every single file with the up to date ones from the download?

Quite a few things have changed with 1.3, especially the file structure.

Doubt this is causing it though, didn't come across a bug like that.

The action is not dependent on unit type or anything unless specified by the mission maker.

One of the examples in my mission adds the action only to units with a certain variable, but that's just an example, using this in the units init field:

this spawn GOM_fnc_addAircraftLoadout;

will add the menu to the unit, no matter which type.

@eststar please upload the mission folder, not a binarized .pbo.

Cheers

Played with your script again. Managed to get it working by putting the appropriate line into the players init. But using a laptop doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I re-downloaded the script from Armaholic, copied the files from your example, even copied the laptop with the code in it into my test mission. Everything works great in your sample mission. My very basic test...nada. The only thing I changed was the requirement for assets to be near (changing the lines from true to false). But the route of putting code in the players init line seems to work with this change but I can't even see the option to call the script using the laptop.

Here's the mission. If anyone has time to look at it and tell me where my mental block is, it would be much appreciated. Understand if its an inconvenience. Ideally I would like the laptop option, but your script is still an incredible piece of work giving certain players access, so it'll be used regardless :)

Its more frustration at this point than anything...lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilcndv65wd9caye/GOM_Test_v3.Malden.7z?dl=0

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Played with your script again. Managed to get it working by putting the appropriate line into the players init. But using a laptop doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I re-downloaded the script from Armaholic, copied the files from your example, even copied the laptop with the code in it into my test mission. Everything works great in your sample mission. My very basic test...nada. The only thing I changed was the requirement for assets to be near (changing the lines from true to false). But the route of putting code in the players init line seems to work with this change but I can't even see the option to call the script using the laptop.

Here's the mission. If anyone has time to look at it and tell me where my mental block is, it would be much appreciated. Understand if its an inconvenience. Ideally I would like the laptop option, but your script is still an incredible piece of work giving certain players access, so it'll be used regardless :)

Its more frustration at this point than anything...lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilcndv65wd9caye/GOM_Test_v3.Malden.7z?dl=0

Downloaded and tested your mission.

Working fine here, are you sure you have your weapon lowered when looking at the laptop?

Cheers

I am so stupid..............

ofgLKz.jpg

Seriously, remove all sharp objects from within 20 feet. Yep, that was it and would make sense why your sample mission worked (they were unarmed) and none of mine were.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Updated to 1.33.

Made a few tweaks and improved locality related stuff.

Also added a small note that people need to lower their weapons in order to see the action on an object, heh.

Cheers

• Like 3

@Grumpy Old Man This means that i wasnt going crazy. I was sure that all the things in my mission were set up yet the action never showed up :) Im so happy that you found out i need to lower my weapon xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Rad said:

@Grumpy Old Man This means that i wasnt going crazy. I was sure that all the things in my mission were set up yet the action never showed up :) Im so happy that you found out i need to lower my weapon xD

That one's on me, since I always think "would I be able to do this with both hands on a rifle?".

A lowered weapon is pretty much included as a condition for all of my actions, so that's the culprit here, heh.

Cheers

• Like 2

Man, you're my hero. Been tearing my hair out trying to get a simple pylon respawn script working but then I stumbled across this and it's all I wanted and more. (Well, minus respawning with pylons, but being able to pick them via a window and set priority is even better!)Thanks a million.

• Like 1

I have noticed if you go in on a default aircraft and change pylons to different weapons. The old weapon will remain in the menu when cycling through each type. The munition that was replaced will be empty. This is only fixed by clearing all pylons several times in a row. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not. I love this script btw. Awesome job.

Also you cannot install the 24 pod DAGR to the wipeout, only the 12 pod.

Thanks,

Reed

8 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

I have noticed if you go in on a default aircraft and change pylons to different weapons. The old weapon will remain in the menu when cycling through each type. The munition that was replaced will be empty. This is only fixed by clearing all pylons several times in a row. Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not. I love this script btw. Awesome job.

Also you cannot install the 24 pod DAGR to the wipeout, only the 12 pod.

Thanks,

Reed

Interesting find, could replicate it if you meant that the pylon weapon was not replaced/removed as in installing a gbu on a pylon that was holding a falchion before would still show the falchion with 0 ammo.

Gonna look into it.

Per default BI config the wipeouts pylons are allowed to only carry the 12 round dagr pods,

unless you use one of my variables in the parameters.sqf to overwrite it, then you can mount any weapon on any pylon.

Also, is it just me or is the font somewhat smaller than before?

Cheers

Yes the font does seems smaller. 

Correct. If you take the aircraft with basic loadout and change the munitions with out clearing the pylons, the original munitions will still be in the menu with 0 available ammo. It doesn't do it every time but it happens. I usually just clear pylons a few time and it negates from happening. 

I changed your variables to allow all weapons in the parameters and still can't get the 24 pod dagr to work on the wipeout. It's like the 24 pos is not available, even if you change the number of rockets to 24.  All good the 12 is fine.

thanks for looking into it. 

I 'm just getting started looking around/ checking out the script. Everything looks real good so far with multiple options. Is there a way to simplify/strip this down to its minimal requirements to function properly? I just want to customize the load-outs, rearm, refuel, repair without the need of the trucks or all of the messages and multiple ways of achieving/calling the script and extra features. For example, currently in the trigger area example it adds it to the 0-8 support menu. I would want to just access the load-out menu/dialog like you can from the laptop BUT from within a trigger area.

On 27.7.2017 at 4:41 PM, Jnr4817 said:

I changed your variables to allow all weapons in the parameters and still can't get the 24 pod dagr to work on the wipeout. It's like the 24 pos is not available, even if you change the number of rockets to 24.  All good the 12 is fine.

Just tried it, seems to be a config error as far as I can tell, the DAGR is configured to hold 12 rounds, even if the descriptionShort entry says it holds 24 rounds:

3fkrZx5.png

Can't really do much about that.

5 hours ago, csk222 said:

I 'm just getting started looking around/ checking out the script. Everything looks real good so far with multiple options. Is there a way to simplify/strip this down to its minimal requirements to function properly? I just want to customize the load-outs, rearm, refuel, repair without the need of the trucks or all of the messages and multiple ways of achieving/calling the script and extra features. For example, currently in the trigger area example it adds it to the 0-8 support menu. I would want to just access the load-out menu/dialog like you can from the laptop BUT from within a trigger area.

You can override the need for support vehicles, check out the first post.

The demo mission shows how to add this menu to:

1. Specific players only
  2. Players that enter a trigger area
  3. Objects like laptops etc

You can always use:

[player] spawn GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadout

to open the loadout menu from wherever you want in any way you please or seem fit, you just have to figure this out on your own.

This thread is not a tutorial on how to add actions and make them MP or dedi compatible, since that part is already covered by providing these three mp and dedi tested examples.

How you add it to your mission is entirely up to you, the examples I provided were just that: examples that were tested and are working in MP and dedicated environment.

Cheers

Be advised that in modded environment resource availability detection may possibly be broken (tested in multiplayer host from Eden editor):

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/857225761280013216/9EFF844C283830E335A20994D05B589A77F4C4F4/

I will not cite modlist, because it is big and I will need some time to find out what is conflicting with this script, but it includes RHS, CUP,  ACE, CBA, TFAR and some less popular mods.

Yes, I am aware that RHS and CUP do not support dynamic loadout (and may never be), but this is not the point.

1 hour ago, unhappytroll said:

Be advised that in modded environment resource availability detection may possibly be broken (tested in multiplayer host from Eden editor):

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/857225761280013216/9EFF844C283830E335A20994D05B589A77F4C4F4/

I will not cite modlist, because it is big and I will need some time to find out what is conflicting with this script, but it includes RHS, CUP,  ACE, CBA, TFAR and some less popular mods.

Yes, I am aware that RHS and CUP do not support dynamic loadout (and may never be), but this is not the point.

Resources should be available, unless one of your mods removes the transportFuel, transportRepair and transportAmmo entries from the support vehicles.

Cheers

these three vehicles have only

this hideobjectglobal true;

in their Init fields.

Right now it looks like ACE broke it, but I'm still checking.

UPD. Yes, ACE definitely breaks it.

Would it be possible to get a version of this script that doesn't use a resource system in the future? It would be really nice in the short term for people who want to be able to use this script with ACE, and nice in the long run for those of us who either don't want to worry about logi all the time or don't have enough people playing with us to justify it as an extra layer. 

The script is really awesome otherwise, it's really one of the most useful scripts i've ever dl'd.

GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadoutParameters.sqf

GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsFuelSource = true;
//(default: true) needs fuel supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsAmmoSource = true;
//(default: true) needs ammo supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadout_NeedsRepairSource = true;
//(default: true) needs repair supply within 50m of the aircraft or functions will be unavailable

Set to false, use trigger activation... at least this works for me... unless I am misunderstanding your issue.

... speaking of ACE... anyone else crash as a result of loading Hellfires?

• Like 1

On 4.8.2017 at 6:41 AM, festivefire said:

Would it be possible to get a version of this script that doesn't use a resource system in the future? It would be really nice in the short term for people who want to be able to use this script with ACE, and nice in the long run for those of us who either don't want to worry about logi all the time or don't have enough people playing with us to justify it as an extra layer. 

The script is really awesome otherwise, it's really one of the most useful scripts i've ever dl'd.

You can override the requirement for resource vehicles/objects as @lawndartleo suggested.

Just edit the file or set the variables to false during mission runtime, both works.

Cheers

Grumpy... what about the ACE issue or is that outside the scope of your script?

Keeping a bazillion mods and scripts playing nicely has got to be like herding meth crazed cats.  Thanks for all you do.

8 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Grumpy... what about the ACE issue or is that outside the scope of your script?

Keeping a bazillion mods and scripts playing nicely has got to be like herding meth crazed cats.  Thanks for all you do.

My script only reads stuff from the config, besides the refueling/repair/rearm functionality.

All vanilla operations.

I also changed all dialog class names to custom ones, so there are no compatibility issues with other scripts using the generic default dialog class names.

If it's working on an empty map but breaks as soon as a mod is being loaded -> it's the mod breaking it.

Cheers

Yes we use it on our Liberation