Having some problems with this script. Every time I try to Rearm, Refuel or Repair a vehicle I get a chat message that says "All Ammo/Fuel/Repair Sources are currently busy" and get a script error regarding a missing variable _source each time. This is happening not only in my own mission but the example mission provided with the script. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, slowrider8 said:

Having some problems with this script. Every time I try to Rearm, Refuel or Repair a vehicle I get a chat message that says "All Ammo/Fuel/Repair Sources are currently busy" and get a script error regarding a missing variable _source each time. This is happening not only in my own mission but the example mission provided with the script. 

Check out 1.31, should be fixed.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Check out 1.31, should be fixed.

Cheers

Rearming and Refueling works now, but Repairing still gives the same error.

22 minutes ago, slowrider8 said:

Rearming and Refueling works now, but Repairing still gives the same error.

Oh well.

1.32 is out now. :yay:

Also @sarogahtyp and @R3vo added a check to abort refueling if the aircraft is damaged too much, and aborting refueling when the fuel leak point has been reached.

Cheers

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Oh well.

1.32 is out now. :yay:

Cheers

Thanks for the quick turnaround, all seems good now

• Like 1

Hi,

would it be possible for you to add sabre planes from ww2 and others as well?

thank you.

Hi,
thank you.

AFAIK this script is mod independent and just reads given config files. This means that mod creators have to do their job to provide working planes. You could contact them to request that.

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, callofmarty said:

As stated by @sarogahtyp and in the first post, all the data for the planes is pulled from the config files.

So any 3rd party aircraft that are configured for dynamic loadouts will be working with this.

Cheers

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Recker Jackson said:

Can you realease you script in a mod like Lesh towing mod ( It is complicated to install your script ) 

Installing my script is as easy as copy and paste a few files and adjusting the description.ext.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Installing my script is as easy as copy and paste a few files and adjusting the description.ext.

Cheers

Maybe you still can do a favor and release it as MOD for blondies that don't know how to do it ?

Or maybe somebody else can do it instead of you, off course only if you provide permission to do so...

Thank You !

8 minutes ago, boombastic said:

Maybe you still can do a favor and release it as MOD for blondies that don't know how to do it ?

Or maybe somebody else can do it instead of you, off course only if you provide permission to do so...

Thank You !

What are the benefits of making 47kb worth of scripts into a mod that everyone who wants to play the mission has to download, install, and update as soon as the mission is using a new version?

Including it inside the mission makes it usable for everyone without having to go through the mod installation procedure.

And you'd still have to set up triggers/variables in game to use it anyway.

Cheers

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Including it inside the mission makes it usable for everyone without having to go through the mod installation procedure.

...the problem is that not every mission maker use this script, and i'm not talk about already existing missions

so as player i'm really depending of mission makers if they care to use your script

that is the reason why many scripts in amra community become a mod after all

about "installation procedure" nowdays it really simple you just once subscribe for a mod in steam shop by pressing single "+" button and afterwards it automatically update without user interaction.

just look at the problem from simple user perspective that doesn't have any technical skills but he want to have ability to change vehicle loadout in ANY mission

you did something great but it limited only for those who know "how" ... it looks unfair... :) 

I've just found this function and started using it - and it is amazing. Thanks Grumpy for making this.

I have one question - is it possible to limit the weapons available? For example, if I only want CSAT weapons, or only bombs/guns available. I've read through the read and notes but not seen anything that indicates this is possible.

Cheers,

Hey grumpy,

Ive a problem to find those variables to unset the restrictions for recources. Did you move it?  

13 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Hey grumpy,

Ive a problem to find those variables to unset the restrictions for recources. Did you move it?  

They're in the parameters.sqf.

22 hours ago, boombastic said:

...the problem is that not every mission maker use this script, and i'm not talk about already existing missions

so as player i'm really depending of mission makers if they care to use your script

that is the reason why many scripts in amra community become a mod after all

To enable my function inside a mission you'd need to edit the mission itself.

No idea how turning it into a mod would change that.

Or maybe I'm missing your point.

Cheers

• Like 1

my opinion is (and I'd like to tell it ;) that everything what can be done with scripts should be done that way. In my world mods are there to add new content to the game like maps, vecs, weapons... scripting stuff should be used by scripting and not by modding it. I would do an exception for server side things. Sometimes its useful to turn server side scripts into a server side mod.

@boombastic

in ur case I think a mod would not help much because if I understand GOMs script a bit then the server would need that mod as well. This means u would need a server admin who would add the mod to his server or u can only play on ur own server with it.

11 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

No idea how turning it into a mod would change that.

Ok, i got it. In case you will find out how to do it i and others will be very glad. Anyway thank you !

11 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

In my world mods are there to add new content 

Sorry cannot agree with you, there is a lot of MODs in any game that does not add something new, that just allow to extend, change and improve everything related to gameplay. And such a MODs usually not less welcomed that others.

In case of ARMA - it is a big and complicated game, with a lot of aspects that can be improved by game developer or community.

Specifiec about this "Aircraft Loadout" functionality, i forgot to say that i mean MOD for "single player".

So, i still sure that if somebody can make such a MOD, that allow you to select weapons loadout for any flying vehicle, while it stand on the ground near hangar, ammo truck or carrier, it will be very useful MOD for many players.

I also wandering why Bohemia didn't add such functionality in Jets DLC...

On 12.6.2017 at 2:46 AM, gruukh said:

I've just found this function and started using it - and it is amazing. Thanks Grumpy for making this.

I have one question - is it possible to limit the weapons available? For example, if I only want CSAT weapons, or only bombs/guns available. I've read through the read and notes but not seen anything that indicates this is possible.

Cheers,

It's in the parameters.sqf found in "scripts\GOM\functions\".

3 hours ago, boombastic said:

Specifiec about this "Aircraft Loadout" functionality, i forgot to say that i mean MOD for "single player".

So, i still sure that if somebody can make such a MOD, that allow you to select weapons loadout for any flying vehicle, while it stand on the ground near hangar, ammo truck or carrier, it will be very useful MOD for many players.

I also wandering why Bohemia didn't add such functionality in Jets DLC...

I might put it out as a mod depending on feedback, I still fail to see how this would benefit anyone, since you're already mentioning you want to use this for single player.

If you want to add this to your own mission it's as easy as:

1. Copy everything from the download except mission.sqm (obviously) into your own mission folder
  2. Adjust the description.ext to your likings
  3. Adjust GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadoutParameters.sqf to your likings
  4. Hop in the 3d editor, open my mission and copy one of the three application examples into your own mission

This won't get easier as a mod, you'd skip step one and have to come up with your own way to adjust the parameters mentioned in step 3.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hey Grumpy,thanks for this awesome script.

I dont know if i dont see well or something but i've been bashing my head trying to get the 1.32 working and so far no luck.

I have the description.ext set up,initPlayerLocal too,i edited the parameters and i added the this spawn GOM_fnc_addAircraftLoadoutToObject; to the init of a laptop yet everytime i test it there isnt even an action. I dont get the "Edit Aircraft Loadout" action and it's been driving me crazy this whole day,any help possible?

You're launching this on dedicated or on local host?

Make sure you're in the MP editor.

Send me a repro mission via PM if it doesn't work from MP editor.

Cheers

I switched to1.32 version and it's working very well.

My suggestion or wish is to have a help button to open a help screen where the player gets information about all buttons and keys as well as information about how to use priority and serials.

Thx again for that great stuff grumpy!

I have a weird situation.

Using everything as set up in your example mission I place down a rangemaster and can access the script no problem. But if I replace that character (going through the attributes route) to a soldier, the option wont come up.

I first came across this issue using custom units, then tested CUP units, then tested vanilla soldiers. Did the test in a strictly vanilla environment as well with the same results.

Any ideas?

I have some problem with using your script. It is working properly in your example mission in stratis. But when I copy and paste to any other new map, it became nothing. I copied all the folders and scripts and initplayer.sqf. I just copied the repair truck and laptop for test loadout working.

I tested in my eden editor both the example mission and my own mission.

this is my mission file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7BKQ1waArJSdUJvdDUzc0Z4RkU/view?usp=sharing

very simple and nothing added, just two trucks, one unit, one laptop, one table.

And in case here is some error message in RPT files. Actually that "~parameters.sqf not found" is pop up every time when open the mission with your script.

18:40:08 Warning Message: Script scripts\GOM\functions\GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadoutParameters.sqf not found
18:40:08 Warning Message: Script scripts\GOM\functions\GOM_fnc_aircraftLoadoutInit.sqf not found
18:40:10 Array tex in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Plane_Fighter_01_Base_F/Damage/ not even
18:40:10 B_Plane_Fighter_01_F: gear_f_hook_down - unknown animation source hook