SpacePilotMax

Broken controls.

Managed to avoid losing the setup when Apex came out, but now this new thing made itself the default and the old default isn't avaible. Any way to fix that?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

Managed to avoid losing the setup when Apex came out, but now this new thing made itself the default and the old default isn't avaible. Any way to fix that?

Your customized keybinds shouldn't be affected as long as you don't pick Apex or Arma 3 preset again. But if the controls have been changed without your input anyway - can you pls tell us which actions were affected on your side?

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Your customized keybinds shouldn't be affected as long as you don't pick Apex or Arma 3 preset again. But if the controls have been changed without your input anyway - can you pls tell us which actions were affected on your side?

I ran into this myself.

Was confusing as hell having to figure out why the scrollwheel actions were gone.

Somehow the game in devbranch switched to apex preset on its own , with all my bindings gone. this happened on build 1.71.141457.

Didn't happen when transitioning from devbranch to RC when RC came out, and also no problem from RC to stable 1.70.

Cheers

I had the weapon selection moved to number keys, combat pace changed, sprint removed completely, slow walk changed, and shift+Q/E turn removed. I manually fixed that. I also ran into the scroll menu requiring a second click when doing anything and was unable to do anything about it, which made opening doors even more of a chore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

I had the weapon selection moved to number keys, combat pace changed, sprint removed completely, slow walk changed, and shift+Q/E turn removed. I manually fixed that. I also ran into the scroll menu requiring a second click when doing anything and was unable to do anything about it, which made opening doors even more of a chore.

The action menu double click is annoying me the most.

Also when operating a vehicle with AI gunners you could hit 2 and were already in the menu to order your gunner to target a specific vehicle.

With the apex preset pressing 2 will change the gunners weapon. I already have F key for that.

The apex preset makes no sense.

Cheers

• Like 1

It did happen to me aswell and there seems that there isn't a way to get back your old bind in-game.

what you should do Is to backup all the important files from your arma3 documents directory, then delete the folder and move your files into the new folder.

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Same. All the other problems should be possible to fix by manually changing the controls (at least it worked with infantry controls).

The sensitivity for gamepads has been broken for a while now, and just made worse with new jets update. It has been set extremely low, sprinting no longer works and vehicles are difficult to turn with a gamepad.

Edited by nnythm

15 hours ago, nnythm said:

The sensitivity for gamepads has been broken for a while now, and just made worse with new jets update. It has been set extremely low, sprinting no longer works and vehicles are difficult to turn with a gamepad.

On 18. 5. 2017 at 11:10 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Seems like bugs. Can you guys please fill in tickets about these issues on https://feedback.bistudio.com?