Burnie117

Helicopter camera

thanks for fixing the camera back to the old 1.68 style.....:)

• Like 2

Bohemia, if the camera is indeed back to 1.68, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I feel as if my time here wasn't a complete waste.  Thanks for hearing us and thanks for taking the time to correct this.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Can you please double-check your data that you're on 1.72? This has been a bug that could've been happening with some mods, but that should be definitely fixed in 1.72.

See

So wait? you put camera back to 1.68 and u didn't fix the 1st person?  Well i appreciate ur Mod, but please equal treatment.... to 1st person too. Cause with ur FoV mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945864264 we can finally fly again in local, but totally locked out of servers. Dont leave us apart please...

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Can you please double-check your data that you're on 1.72? This has been a bug that could've been happening with some mods, but that should be definitely fixed in 1.72.

See

Okay my mistake. What's different that I'm dealing with now is that it does indeed seem to stay a certain distance from the heli now, and the old 1.68 view zoomed OUT as I increase speed, giving me a wider view around the heli as I'm traveling. I think I made my mistake by expecting the camera to zoom out as I increase forward speed like it always used to be, when it doesn't I think I just feel too close to the helicopter (this is all in 3rd person I should say). So now that I confirmed my mistake, it's still an issue for me. Is the camera zoom going to stay put, or can we get reverted to the old style? If a mod can fix this, can the mod be used in multiplayer servers like hostile takeover?  Also, I noticed that occasionally when flying close to trees and such, the camera will do a weird little stutter now, it's hard to catch it, but it's happens at random now... Anybody else notice this?

1 minute ago, Trimmer said:

Okay my mistake. What's different that I'm dealing with that it does indeed seem to stay a certain distance from the heli now, and the old 1.68 view zoomed OUT as I increase speed, giving me a wider view around the heli as I'm traveling. I think I made my mistake by expecting the camera to zoom out as I increase forward speed like it always used to be. So now that I confirmed my mistake, it's still an issue for me. Is the camera zoom going to stay put, or can we get reverted to the old style?

well thats exactly what I am fighting for right here. @oukej did this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945864264   that bring that back.

But a mod is  not a fix for a problem. We are missing a feature who was in the game for years.

• Like 1

Yes I agree. I just used the mod that @oukej made and it does clean everything up quite nicely. Good Job @oukej... Now the only problem is that it's a MOD... I can't use it in multiplayer servers, so it's about as useful as playing in the 1.68 legacy build if I can only use it in single-player. What's the problem with just fixing the game? Make a mod for the camera to be janked up like it is now if people like that, give the seasoned pilots their view back for multiplayer... Yay or Nay on this @oukej?  Because letting us only have a proper camera view in a modified single player scenario is a pretty crappy compromise if that's what it's supposed to be, it's certainly not a "fix"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trimmer said:

Yes I agree. I just used the mod that @oukej made and it does clean everything up quite nicely. Good Job @oukej... Now the only problem is that it's a MOD... I can't use it in multiplayer servers, so it's about as useful as playing in the 1.68 legacy build if I can only use it in single-player. What's the problem with just fixing the game? Make a mod for the camera to be janked up like it is now if people like that, give the seasoned pilots their view back for multiplayer... Yay or Nay on this @oukej?  Because letting us only have a proper camera view in a modified single player scenario is a pretty crappy compromise if that's what it's supposed to be, it's certainly not a "fix"

same for me...

the new fixed FOV is not as good as dynamic FOV in 1.68.

would love to have the complete old felling....:)

10 hours ago, Trimmer said:

I this because you fly using 3rd person? I would suggest learning to fly first person, it gives you a much better flying experience. 

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I this because you fly using 3rd person? I would suggest learning to fly first person, it gives you a much better flying experience. 

LOLWUT? he is clearly talking about the fact he wants dynamic FOV back in 1st person...as a lot of other people around here.

He most likely only flies 1st person. which i do too personally and a lot of other people, some of them finally showing up that wants the speed regulated FOV just like in the mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945864264  that @oukej did for us. which works fine, but its not like we can use it everywhere.

The game looks all wrong with a forced high field of view. Everything is distorted and the sizes of objects is all wrong

Dynamic FOV must never return, It's absolutely awful. Use the zoom out toggle key if you want a wide FOV.

This is how it needs to be in all vehicles. A standard default position in the middle of max/min fov, then players can choose to zoom in/out them self.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bullet purveyor said:

The game looks all wrong with a forced high field of view. Everything is distorted and the sizes of objects is all wrong

Dynamic FOV must never return, It's absolutely awful. Use the zoom out toggle key if you want a wide FOV.

This is how it needs to be in all vehicles. A standard deafault postion in the middle of max/min fov, then players can choose to zoom in/out them self.

If you don't like it i can understand.

But from there to say its AWFUL and U NEVER wanna see it back, take a chill,  cause u clearly have people who wants it, liked it, and used it.

And yes you can zoom out and move ur head and what not, but every time u jump in the heli you will have to modify and u will never have the same reference, since you manually ajust it everytime...(and zooming full out, distorts the objects too, especially when u land...)

Anyway I dont wish to argue with you on the validity is the 1st person FOV. You can go back and read all the others post. GL

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

You're making the assumption that I can't fly in 1st person... I fly in 1st person often, particularly when I'm flying the pawnee and not transporting people into the AO. Then you go and make an assumption on my personal preferences on the experience of flying in 1st/3rd, which is also false, because I do in fact enjoy the experience in 3rd person MUCH more, as well as many other extremely good pilots... You see, not all people are all about "realism" when sitting at a computer clicking buttons and looking at a screen. Sometimes I do enjoy a more realistic 1st person view, sometimes I like to be more effective at transporting people into tight spots in 3rd person, if you don['t understand the advantages 3rd person can offer then you're obviously not very experienced of a pilot in Arma, because there are certainly advantages to being more aware of your surroundings, if you don't understand how it enables you to be more aware of your surroundings then you just lack intelligence. But to say that I shouldn't voice my opinion to have the 3rd person view optimized more to my liking, based on YOUR personal opinion and preferences, is obviously silly to any thinking person... Do you go around to forums where people are inquiring about aspects of a game that you don't use, and suggest that they stop using them as well? Just kinda bizarre if you ask me...

9 minutes ago, Trimmer said:

You're making the assumption that I can't fly in 1st person... I fly in 1st person often, particularly when I'm flying the pawnee and not transporting people into the AO. Then you go and make an assumption on my personal preferences on the experience of flying in 1st/3rd, which is also false, because I do in fact enjoy the experience in 3rd person MUCH more, as well as many other extremely good pilots... You see, not all people are all about "realism" when sitting at a computer clicking buttons and looking at a screen. Sometimes I do enjoy a more realistic 1st person view, sometimes I like to be more effective at transporting people into tight spots in 3rd person, if you don['t understand the advantages 3rd person can offer then you're obviously not very experienced of a pilot in Arma, because there are certainly advantages to being more aware of your surroundings, if you don't understand how it enables you to be more aware of your surroundings then you just lack intelligence. But to say that I shouldn't voice my opinion to have the 3rd person view optimized more to my liking, based on YOUR personal opinion, is obviously silly to any thinking person...

Crikey, all i was doing was offering a suggestion. There was really no need for the insults. 

4 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Crikey, all i was doing was offering a suggestion. There was really no need for the insults.

There is no need for insults. But there's no need to avoid them either... You came into a thread and suggested I don't use the aspect of the game that I'm inquiring about, and disregard my clearly expressed preferences... As if the people that want to see changes in the 3rd person view never considered flying in 1st person? LOL... Excellent suggestion...

• Like 2

I am ok with the latest changes. BUT is the camera back to 1.68 settings? If not then the problem is not fixed for alot of the more advanced pilots. Now even though I am ok with the changes it is NOT ok with the advanced pilots. And If it is not to 1.68 standards then it needs to be. So I am asking @oukej is the camera back to 1.68 settings? And if not why? This IS what these guys want/need in order to be back to their old flying ways. There is no compromise to this obviously in order for these pilots to do what THEY need to do. Mods are not an option on alot of servers. Looking forward to @oukej reply.

30 minutes ago, Trimmer said:

You came into a thread and suggested I don't use the aspect of the game that I'm inquiring about, and disregard my clearly expressed preferences... As if the people that want to see changes in the 3rd person view never considered flying in 1st person? LOL... Excellent suggestion...

I didn't say not to use the aspect that you were enquiring about. All i did was to offer a suggestion, i can only apologise if my comments weren't helpful. In hindsight i should have looked at thread more closely. I hope we can now return to the topic in question.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RacerX said:

I am ok with the latest changes. BUT is the camera back to 1.68 settings? If not then the problem is not fixed for alot of the more advanced pilots. Now even though I am ok with the changes it is NOT ok with the advanced pilots. And If it is not to 1.68 standards then it needs to be. So I am asking @oukej is the camera back to 1.68 settings? And if not why? This IS what these guys want/need in order to be back to their old flying ways. There is no compromise to this obviously in order for these pilots to do what THEY need to do. Mods are not an option on alot of servers. Looking forward to @oukej reply.

It is. And if it was not and You weren't able to tell any difference, the result will be the same, or am I wrong? I'm sorry to say, but should there be any issue for the advanced pilots You are speaking about, feel free to let us know.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, pettka said:

It is. And if it was not and You weren't able to tell any difference, the result will be the same, or am I wrong? I'm sorry to say, but should there be any issue for the advanced pilots You are speaking about, feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your reply. And yes like I said I am ok with the changes. If you were a part of those changes thank you very much. You answered my question. 

20 hours ago, Trimmer said:

There is no need for insults. But there's no need to avoid them either... You came into a thread and suggested I don't use the aspect of the game that I'm inquiring about, and disregard my clearly expressed preferences... As if the people that want to see changes in the 3rd person view never considered flying in 1st person? LOL... Excellent suggestion...

For me dynamic fov was lesser than. Glad it's gone. Adios dynamic fov. You a mod for it.  Use it. 

Or Here's an excellent suggestion. Get in a real helicopter fly around a bit.  Grow to hate the dynamic fov in the game. Go in the game, fly around for a bit. engage some targets. Find the benefits. Then be glad other more knowledgeable handsome better pilots suggested it be removed.  

You're welcome. Have a nice day. 

Did the speed change on the hummingbird?  Does the hummingbird feel slower to anyone?  Maybe it's me and I haven't flown for quite some time.

I like the tweak to the fov, I can see part of the top of the dashboard on the hummingbird, now doesn't feel like my nose is actually pressed against the windshield.  

Question for BI:  Is there a way to create a zoom out that isn't fisheyed?  It is noticeable when your zoomed out and look around--the fisheye distortion--and also this fish-eye distortion affects your ability to guess the distance of objects (depth of view) (For example, when you zoom out it's like one of those helmet cams people use in sports to film themselves doing skateboard/snowboard/tricks, etc.--it looks distorted).  

Could this be implemented into the game as a future option for the camera or be considered (in other words have the option to have view that the heli zoomed out to as speed increased in the 1.68, pre-jet dlc view?)

In addition to the FOV defined per vehicle you can also make global adjustments in your profile. Feel free to play with it and see what suits you the best. You can check for example KK's guide on FOV here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oukej said:

In addition to the FOV defined per vehicle you can also make global adjustments in your profile. Feel free to play with it and see what suits you the best. You can check for example KK's guide on FOV here.

Copy that, thank you Oukej, and great work with the camera fixes in my opinion.

6 hours ago, romille1 said:

Camera is fisheyed, would be nice to have one that is not, real nice.

You turned the FOV too high. I use 96 degree (horizontal) FOV and get some fisheye effect that I'm too used to already.
Try something like 89 - 90 or even less.

Download and use "Arma FOV changer" to ease the process.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:30 AM, peegee said:

You turned the FOV too high. I use 96 degree (horizontal) FOV and get some fisheye effect that I'm too used to already.
Try something like 89 - 90 or even less.

Download and use "Arma FOV changer" to ease the process.

I haven't changed my FOV, was just referring to the new fixed camera.  When Oukej zoomed it out for us to get our nose out of windshield as well as the 3rd person view, it fisheyed then I think.  It would be great to have that non-distorted view back or the current view without fisheye distortion.

• Like 1