Burnie117

Helicopter camera

2 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Any change we can keep all these great new things as vanilla settings?

Wait a minute... that's the problem here, isn't it? :headscratch:

i have no idea what you just said

28 minutes ago, RacerX said:

i have no idea what you just said

Well you suggested that the 1.70 changes should be reverted back to 1.68 state, and I suggested the new and improved settings were kept as is. Which is the problem we've been discussing for the last 300 posts here: some like the new, some like the old. And while an in-game setting for switching between the two isn't very likely to happen, either of us will need to resort to mods.

7 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Well you suggested that the 1.70 changes should be reverted back to 1.68 state, and I suggested the new and improved settings were kept as is. Which is the problem we've been discussing for the last 300 posts here: some like the new, some like the old. And while an in-game setting for switching between the two isn't very likely to happen, either of us will need to resort to mods.

i was asking about keeping your mod settings as vanilla settings so we don't have to run a mod in order to keep what was originally and should still be considered "normal" settings. 1.70 should have been 1.68 settings if it wasn't overlooked in Q&A in the first place. Keeping your mod settings as vanilla is "righting the wrong"

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 0:04 AM, RacerX said:

there has been a fix. But IMO and my findings the one problem actually has 2 parts. Only one part was addressed. The devs will get it right. Just give them some time they are also working on the Malden release at the same time (june 22nd i thinkj) so yeah they have deadlines and testing and re-testing. Just give them a little more time

the fix was worthless its still motion sickness aids. There clearly not going to fix it like all the bugs in there game

Hey Bohemia, its getting quiet again. May we please have an update on this.

Is it going to be fixed?

• Like 1

I sure hope so, I havent touched Arma in over a month. This is a game breaking issue for me

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 1:14 AM, Misconduct said:

Is it going to be fixed?

no and they aint going to either or it would of already have been done. And with that said I won't be buying another BI product either until it is.

On 17.6.2017 at 8:14 AM, Misconduct said:

Is it going to be fixed?

yes...

its too quiet, if you ask me....

something went very wrong here....

BI...Will it ever be possible to fly like in 1.68?

is there any work going on to fix it a second time.....after the official patch?

i hope so....

I personally think that the third person camera is pretty good now and not too hard to get used to. Props to oukej for the quick fix. But what concerns me is the perspective you get when flying in first person.

0nU89rW.jpg

In the XH-9 family of helicopters it's as if the pilot was pressing his face at the windshield. You can't see a single thing on the dashboard, because it's outside of your field of view. Thanks to the generally clear windshield, there's at least still pretty good visibility, but this can't be right, can it?

o0b9YKU.jpg

The Orca now has the opposite problem. Here we seem to be almost cowering behind the dashboard, with it taking up the bottom third of what we see. Because you can barely see what's in front of you, it's almost impossible to land nicely without using 3rd person perspective.

I would love to get a comment on this, because to me this is the most obvious problem with helicopters and I remember it used to be better.

@frankfranconi If you read trough the topic this had been partially discussed,

@oukej came up with this : (which fix that problem too)

On 6/13/2017 at 4:30 AM, oukej said:

The configuration can be adjusted per vehicle (currently done on the base class level). Same with the FoV changes. Atm we're not planning to bring the speed based FoV changes back. What may happen is an adjustment of the camera position and initial FoV.

But just in case - here's a mod with the FOV speed sensitivity back - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945864264

which is working wonderfully for my friends and I.

Hope this helps. 

Of course its a mods, Hopefully we will see it as game option so we can use it on other people server too. 

regards

13 hours ago, frankfranconi said:

I would love to get a comment on this, because to me this is the most obvious problem with helicopters and I remember it used to be better.

Helis are FUBAR atm

@PistFlyBoy Thank you. I did actually see it being partially discussed, including the proposed mod. I brought it up again because oukej has said something about a possible adjustment of the camera position/initial FOV, but we haven't heard anything since. That's what worries me, because the issue is so blatantly gamebreaking and a mod is not a solution.

• Like 1

Possible to use the free head movement to correct your head position to your liking? I don't mean the alt free look but the ctrl head movement that's basically what you can do with TracIkR etc. It was hold left ctrl + move mouse so the head moves in different position unless you've disabled in the controls. Just trying to give a tip for a possible workaround.

Tweaked: Helicopter 3rd person view returned to a still chase spot without smoothing and pitch following

The camera has now been changed back on the dev branch. :(

This will be in the tomorrow's main update too.

On more positive note: "Tweaked: Default FOV in helicopters was increased to 0.9".

• Like 1

Damn you're fast :) We're sorry about this change to those who liked the smoothing (including myself ;)) and orientation where vehicle was pointing.
This applies to all helicopters as we want to keep the camera consistent even though it may be less ideal for helicopters that have to aim weapons.

On the other hand the bright side of all this is improved configuration and customization of the camera. Bringing in more options for mods to utilize ;) In config the old camera can be forced via using

extCameraParams[] = {-1}

Change is also available in the RC branch and will go into main as you said.

• Like 4

@oukej

Thats good news, i suppose??

Not sure about this but:

" Tweaked: The default FOV in helicopters was increased to 0.9 "

meaning we have dynamic moving FOV back too?

plus when u see the Dev Branch build being 6.5Gb well i guess i wont test it then >.< potato connection....

Here's some Pawnee with the current camera (salt flats scenes were done today).  

The Jungle scenes were done soon after the hotfix.

19 hours ago, oukej said:

On the other hand the bright side of all this is improved configuration and customization of the camera. Bringing in more options for mods to utilize ;) In config the old camera can be forced via using

extCameraParams[] = {-1}

So this is not something I can just plug into launch parameters? It actually has to be server side option?

I've only been flying in the 1.68 legacy build the last few weeks if I play at all. I switched to the main build just a bit ago to give it a shot.

I think my only erk with it at this point is that the camera zooms IN as I pick up speed, rather than zooming out as I pick up speed. Can people adapt? Of course... But I really still don't enjoy the current view at all, and absolutely love killing time flying in the 1.68 view. I know it's just simple changes to a game and perhaps I'm being really "picky" about it. But hell, if I'm going to spend much time of my day playing a computer game, voicing my opinion to make that time more enjoyable seems reasonable, even if it's just personal preference.

On the brighter side of the helicopter view getting jacked up, I've been spending more time fishing, yeah, like, outdoors... I'm expanding my horizons!

• Like 1

For f/ck sake thank the gods of war !!!

While i'm happy that they finally changed the 3th person cams for helis back to the old situation. I'm still angry about how it happened, you know if you come with a new game ARMA 4 and force us advanced flying I could understand it some more, because then I just wouldn't buy the game at all. But now we get an DLC "jets dlc" and you force the new cam changes down our throats and especially while arma is that sandbox kinda game... WHY THE .... WOULD YOU?!?

While people always agree to disagree there was nothing being added by the cam following the heli at all times.

If you fly in first person you cam already does this anyway, so again the only thing that it do was make people sick in the back of a heli.

I'm done over this subject...

Amazing island, keep it up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Theo1143 said:

For f/ck sake thank the gods of war !!!

While i'm happy that they finally changed the 3th person cams for helis back to the old situation. I'm still angry about how it happened, you know if you come with a new game ARMA 4 and force us advanced flying I could understand it some more, because then I just wouldn't buy the game at all. But now we get an DLC "jets dlc" and you force the new cam changes down our throats and especially while arma is that sandbox kinda game... WHY THE .... WOULD YOU?!?

While people always agree to disagree there was nothing being added by the cam following the heli at all times.

If you fly in first person you cam already does this anyway, so again the only thing that it do was make people sick in the back of a heli.

I'm done over this subject...

Amazing island, keep it up!

With that said. I to am done with this thread. Thanks devs sorry I rushed to judgement. Im just glad its fixed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trimmer said:

I think my only erk with it at this point is that the camera zooms IN as I pick up speed

Can you please double-check your data that you're on 1.72? This has been a bug that could've been happening with some mods, but that should be definitely fixed in 1.72.

See

• Like 3