Nomylol

Joystick detection problem

I know there are a lot of posts about this, but I am getting really, really frustrated. So I am posting here hoping someone has found a fix and it just isn't mentioned anywhere else.

I just bought a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and I was looking forward to flying some helis and jets in Arma 3. But when i started it up and went to configure the joystick it was nowhere to be found. It shows up in windows just fine (Windows 10), and I have used it in other games as well.

I started searching around about the problem and found that many others had a problem where the joystick disappears from the menu after playing and going back to the menu, but I only found one other who had the same problem as me where it can't be configured or used at all, and there was no fix to be found.

I feel like I have searched through the whole damn internet now, and I just can't find any solution anywhere.

So, did anyone find any fix for this? It has been a problem for years, surely it must have been worked on? It just isn't acceptable that a game like ARMA3 with so many vehicles and semi-realism don't have fully working controller support...

Thanks for any help offered.

I have to add that a while back (before the patches in preparation of the jets dlc) my joysticks worked just fine, had to hang back a while because of work/studies. Wanted to start flying again and suddenly my joysticks are not recognized anymore (HOTAS X, Thrustmaster). They are still configured in the control scheme as well as in my profile, in the controller config menu ingame none of my controllers/joysticks seem to be there anymore. Refresh shows no entry, no enabling possible. Tried reinstalling drivers as well as multiple reboots to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, bought this Joystick especially to fly helis for my friends.

Using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick and it's detected just fine within the game (Windows 10 Pro)

I might have found the problem and a solution. Nomylol, were you using steam's big picture for other games that need a controller? In my case I had a generic controller added to play rocket league. Turns out that turning off xbox, ps4 and generic controller support can lead to the Joystick being visible again for Arma 3.

Hello I have been having the same issue with my X-56 Hotas system I cannot seem to get them to be recognized what can I do?

Tried changing the ports you've plugged then into? I have an X-56 and one of my USB ports wouldn't recognise the HOTAS.

↓↓↓↓ POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR JOYSTICK NOT BEING DETECTED IN ARMA3 ↓↓↓↓

I was experiencing an issue where my new Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS was not being detected by Arma3 in the Controls > Controller window.

I eventually fixed the issue, which I tracked down to the following Steam Controller Setting:
Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings > Generic Gamepad Configuration Support  <--Switch this OFF

After I changed this setting, I restarted Arma3 and my Joystick and Throttle appeared as detected in the Controls > Controller window.

After binding the controls, my joystick and throttle worked perfectly.

If you're having the same issue, I hope this solves it for you, good luck!

o7