Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Ragnarsson

Wrong version 1.70 PLEASE HELP!!!

When I start Arma 3 without any mods and try to join a King of the kill server I get a message after a while that says: Connection failed.
I then looked at the server browser and Koth servers have a red cross to the left of them, saying I have the wrong version.

I then went back to Main menu and there is a message down to the right from "Spotrep" which linkgs to the Devblog about patch 1.7.

My game version is apparently:
Launcher version: 1.5.141155

Game version: 1.68.141559

Branch: profiling

Why can't I download 1.7? Is that the problem?

Best regards

Edit: The only difference is that I did a CClean last night before I went to bed and in the "Advance tab" "Windows event logs" and "Custom files" was checked for some reason.

Hello.

Have You tried verifying local Steam Cache? That should hopefully solve the trick, or possibly checking if the Update is waiting in the Steam Download queue. I hope this helps, enjoy the game.

5 minutes ago, pettka said:

Hello.

Have You tried verifying local Steam Cache? That should hopefully solve the trick, or possibly checking if the Update is waiting in the Steam Download queue. I hope this helps, enjoy the game.

Hey, Thanks for the answer.
I have done both of them multiple times. Restarded PC and steam etc. Tried to start as admin through the steamfolder in C: and yet nothing helps.

As of right now im trying to Backup the game to see if that works(Read on steamforum that it helped some situation, not on this patch tho). But im trying anyways.

9 minutes ago, Oliver Ragnarsson said:

Hey, Thanks for the answer.
I have done both of them multiple times. Restarded PC and steam etc. Tried to start as admin through the steamfolder in C: and yet nothing helps.

As of right now im trying to Backup the game to see if that works(Read on steamforum that it helped some situation, not on this patch tho). But im trying anyways.

I have just realized that the profiling branch was not updated yet. Could You, please, try to switch to main branch of the game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pettka said:

I have just realized that the profiling branch was not updated yet. Could You, please, try to switch to main branch of the game?

How do I switch to Main branch?(feel like a total noob haha)

Edit: I found out how to do it. It seems like its downloading 5.3 GB now. I will keep you updated!

1 minute ago, Oliver Ragnarsson said:

How do I switch to Main branch?(feel like a total noob haha)

The same way as it is described here for Dev-Branch, just select NONE: https://dev.arma3.com/dev-branch

• Right-click on Arma 3.
  • Select Properties.
  • Access the BETAS tab.
  • Select NONE
  • Let the game update itself to the development build.
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's not completely intuitive, hope this helps.

Now its downloading 5.3 GB. Thanks alot for the help, and fast answer appreciate it alot.:don11:

I will write if it is totally resolved when I enter a server.

Glad it works, enjoy the game and have fun ;)