So with the introduction of the Jets DLC, it was shown that there are new animations for AI to play out while on the deck of the USS Freedom. My question is, where can I find these animations? I have looked at the functions viewer in the ambient animations and have found nothing.

Splendid Animation Viewer > select CutScene.....

nZkWYtq.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah I know there are animations in the animations viewer but most of the time it is the different parts of an animation. So you have to use scripts to add the different parts in sequence a la switchmove, playmove, and playmovenow. I am talking about using BIS_fnc_ambientAnim which was introduced to add simple ambient animation without resorting to the the different animation class name stuff.

BIS_fnc_ambientAnim is your simpleton variant of playMove and switchMove . If it's that hard to find the animations in the animation viewer and combine them together if needed, then why even try? I'm pretty sure if bis can do it in a showcase, so can you. 

• Like 1

I'd prefer a module like the one included in the Nimitz mod, instead of writing tons of lines and variables, after all it's a paid DLC that can easily do what a free mod can do i suppose, at least for the crew.

there's something that could be interesting in the showcase mission, but i can' find it on ArmA 3 samples library nor i can unpack the missions pbo inside the DLC folder for obvious reasons

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simon1279 said:

I'd prefer a module like the one included in the Nimitz mod, instead of writing tons of lines and variables, after all it's a paid DLC that can easily do what a free mod can do i suppose, at least for the crew.

there's something that could be interesting in the showcase mission, but i can' find it on ArmA 3 samples library nor i can unpack the missions pbo inside the DLC folder for obvious reasons

The carrier is FREE. I'm not sure as to what you're on about. 

the carrier itself yes and that's right but for those which have bought the DLC i believe that a deck crew animations module would be something to have, at least for sure another good incentive for selling the DLC

Good. These animations may be usfeul for scripting spell casting gestures. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Ahhh yes ... I remember from Arma2 days we a great spell casting mission!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ss9 said:

Yeah, kinda disappointed that you have to hold enter to launch (Nimitz is better, can keep your hands on the controls) and that no crew guy comes up to give you the launch dance. 

I think its better, as you get to choose when you want to launch. 

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Inb4 someone makes a ArmA parody of turn-based JRPG's

As I can't seem to make a forum topic, I'll have to ask my question here.

I want to use this animation (Acts_JetsPilotWalking), and I wanted to make the pilot carry his helmet in his hand. I used the attachto command but its pretty dodgy.

Can anyone help me out?

7 hours ago, The Dapper Fox said:

As I can't seem to make a forum topic, I'll have to ask my question here.

I want to use this animation (Acts_JetsPilotWalking), and I wanted to make the pilot carry his helmet in his hand. I used the attachto command but its pretty dodgy.

Can anyone help me out?

It should look ok if you use a memPoint to attach it to (e.g. a hand, find it through selectionNames).

Hey there.

Looking for a simple script that simulates the whole animated lauching sequence.

Just the animations for the crew members.

Does anyone have that in stock?

Would be great!

• Like 1

On 30/5/2017 at 9:38 PM, wiki said:

Hey there.

Looking for a simple script that simulates the whole animated lauching sequence.

Just the animations for the crew members.

Does anyone have that in stock?

Would be great!

Same.......

On 6/5/2017 at 10:44 AM, simon1279 said:

Same.......

Has anyone found one?

I'm trying to make one, but it keeps throwing me errors. Here's what I got: (This just goes from standing to thumbs up atm)

S4 switchmove "Acts_JetsCrewaidR_idle";

sleep 3.367;

S4 switchmove "";

S4 switchmove "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouch_in_m";

sleep 2.699;

S4 switchmove "";

S4 switchmove "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouchThumbup_in_m";

sleep 1.533;

S4 switchmove "";

S4 switchmove "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouchThumbup_loop_m";

sleep 4.366;

S4 switchmove "";

------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the error I'm getting:

2XQfJ6U.jpg

do u use sleep in an unscheduled environment? Hard to tell without the complete error message from .rpt file.

but if it is the case then use it this way to get a scheduled environment:

[] spawn 
{ 
 sleep 3.367; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 2.699; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 1.533; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 4.366; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
};

Edited by sarogahtyp
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

do u use sleep in an unscheduled environment? Hard to tell without the complete error message from .rpt file.

but if it is the case then use it this way to get a scheduled environment:

[] spawn 
{ 
 sleep 3.367; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 2.699; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 1.533; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
 sleep 4.366; 
 S4 switchmove ""; 
};

Thank you, this works now. The only remaining issue is now the AI activates the animations automatically, instead of by the trigger. Any tips?

Sounds like you need to change your actual trigger conditions. They are being engaged immediately

I got it, thank you. I will have a fully functional and responsive aircraft carrier deck complete soon for anyone who wants it.

On 14/6/2017 at 8:42 AM, colince411 said:

I got it, thank you. I will have a fully functional and responsive aircraft carrier deck complete soon for anyone who wants it.

Me, pls

On 6/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, colince411 said:

Thanks! very much looking forward to this. I was disappointed to find that a deck ambiance module was not included after I purchased the Jets DLC.   

I have already created a version of what your talking about. However I have no idea how to make it a module. I'll have to talk to my Nimitz buddies about how to do that. I'll also have to update it in guessing. Were you wanting this for the USA freedom?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, captmoose344 said:

I have already created a version of what your talking about. However I have no idea how to make it a module. I'll have to talk to my Nimitz buddies about how to do that. I'll also have to update it in guessing. Were you wanting this for the USA freedom?

This looks great! Good job. 

So in my opinion, the best way to share this would be to have this exist on a map with nothing else. Then save it as a mission.sqm this way people could use it as a starting point for any mission they would like.

You can also save this as a 'Composition', however I do not believe the scripts will be saved per AI. It's always worth a shot though.