ayjay

Init Line question..

I wanted to completely immobilize a unit so I did a search and found three commands you can type in the unit's init box in the editor. All three of them worked but I was wondering if there is a way to overide that line when I want to ingame and enable the unit to move. I tried all the modules ingame ( I think ) but so far I've come up with nothing.

Well, that's quite the broad question.

A) when  do you want the unit to be mobilized? 

B) in what form? Triggers can be activated in  certain radius, or used in a radio call or you can use an action.

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for your answers. Midnighters, ok I get it can be done with a trigger or radio call and I would have to familiarise myself and read up about that. beno_83au, this forceSpeed 0; was one of the lines I used to immobilise the unit in the editor. I don't really understand what your answer means :dontgetit:. Having immobilised the unit in the editor I'm looking for a way to get it moving again at a time I choose while I'm playing a single mission. Thanks again for your answers.

• Like 1

Place a trigger on the map, then in it's "On Activation" field put:

_unit forceSpeed -1;

Where _unit is the name of the unit you want to get moving.

You can set up the trigger however you want so that it activates when needed, and it only takes a little bit of mucking around to figure out how they work. However, for a radio call there is a bunch of options under "Activation" from Radio Alpha to Radio Juliet, which correspond to different radio calls. By pressing 0-0 in-game you will bring up the menu that's used to activate them.

• Like 1

do you need to immobilize that unit again? if not, in init field

_this spawn
	{
	_this enableSimulation false;
	waitUntil {sleep 0.2; /*your condition here*/};
	_this enableSimulation true;
	};

• Like 1

Thank you both. Great answers.