4 hours ago, optix said:

Is that still the case?

I had the same problem with my new uploads. It works perfectly now, seems to be fixed :)

Holy smoke, 225 reuploads of Ravage files. T_T

A button to select and DMCA them all at once would be nice, haha!

Thanks for your tool @optix!

EDIT : false alarm, those detected files are just files Cunico shared with me to include with the mod, phew!

• Like 4

If I publish a mod on the workshop and then publish an update later, will this tool be able to find old versions of my pbos too ? Or does it find only the exact same files (those included in the last version published) ? 

What does this mean?

The workshop item with the ID 1462782912 is not known to us yet!

On 25.9.2018 at 4:28 PM, stburr91 said:

What does this mean?

The workshop item with the ID 1462782912 is not known to us yet!

It means exactly what it says. The Crawler doesn't know about that item yet.

The crawler goes through all workshop items to re-scan them periodically. It didn't arrive at that one yet.

On 25.9.2018 at 4:12 PM, xjoker_ said:

If I publish a mod on the workshop and then publish an update later, will this tool be able to find old versions of my pbos too ? Or does it find only the exact same files (those included in the last version published) ? 

Afaik no. @optix might wanna correct me. The crawler will only see your update once it visits your mod (Read what I wrote above) so after it found your update it won't find old files anymore.

But you could just make a second upload with the old version and use that for searching.

Any idea how long does it take that Steam guys check what is reported and is there any way to see the progress?

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

Any idea how long does it take that Steam guys check what is reported and is there any way to see the progress?

You can't see the progress. All it says is that an DMCA was filed on the Workshop Item.
It usually takes about 2 to 3 Days, at least in my experience.
Also, you won't be notified when it was removed, you will only be notified if there was something unclear or I had a case where the uploader contacted me and we resolved the issue. The uploader then contacted Valve that it has been resolved and they asked me if that was true.
There's really not much communication with valve ...

• Thanks 1

I can't believe I just found out about this tool. It's a good one! Thanks !

3 minutes ago, FoxFort said:

I can't believe I just found out about this tool. It's a good one! Thanks !

Yes it is an amazing tool :)
Thanks @optix! Does it also finds the uploads which are not totally public? I.e. visible to friends only or visible to uploader only?

11 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Does it also finds the uploads which are not totally public? I.e. visible to friends only or visible to uploader only?

No. Unless the item's owner is friends with the account used to crawl the workshop I guess. If they even use an account for that :D
TLDR; no.

Hi!

Workshop Crawler is currently undergoing a major rewrite which will result in a bunch of nice goodies for everyone to play with:

• A public API will be built ontop of the new backend, allowing everyone to perform queries against the database:

The public API will allow anyone to query by a list of hashes or given workshop object ID (and specification which files in this object to query for)
    This theoretically upons up possibilities like automatically querying for reuploads and sending a notification out when reuploads are found, maybe someone will build a small tool like this to make everyones live easier 🙂
    This also means you will be able to look for reuploads of files without having to have your own files uploaded to the workshop anymore! Yay!

In addition to the query API endpoints, the public API will also serve information such as when new versions of a workshop mod were uploaded, include a file list for each indexed version of the mod (this allows for viewing differences between mod versions) and other meta information such as actual total size and all other information which the Steam API spits out.

• The current frontend will remain online for some time, but will eventually be replaced by a new improved web-interface. As the backend is the primary focus for now, I cannot give any details on what the new interface will cover feature-wise, but expect it to be more user friendly and offer more features.
    New backend and public API come first.

Also, now's the best time to throw in ideas what you'd like to see to be part of the public API / new web-interface. Right now I'm building the new backend indexing tools which will run 24/7, keeping the database up-to-date.

Sadly, running the servers for this has been getting relatively more expensive for me, as my current income is limited and I might not be able to cover the server costs anymore in the near future.
If you wish to ensure that this tool will remain online, please consider joining my Patreon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I've finally found some time to put together a simple to use small interface, it doesn't cover all features by a mile but it's sufficient for most people that want to do a quick checkup on their items

https://sqi.workshopcrawler.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Optix.:)

PuFu, you're obviously well experienced in this area but not everyone is and are for the most part only learning to handle this side of modding/creating/sharing.

Ppl will and have done all the things some are saying don't make sense to do and unfortunately some are even as well versed as you in the rules/laws.Or more concerning, how to bypass and/or manipulate them.

The simple fact is this is a problem that all creators should not have deal with as enthusiast level creators. That's all ppl were trying to get across.I've had my share of issues with well known forum members/mods and received little to no help there either.

I fully agree that its a case of don't release it or get it ripped. We shouldn't need to spend hours learning legal jargon and laws just for a hobby.There should be better systems/checks to save the community from itself.

• Like 1

cool tool got curious so decided to scan for all my mods. 

sadly this no longer works. 

API returned status code 500 

on any link i paste