Sign in to follow this  
Maslow

Binarize

yes i know there are various binarize threads but i still got a problem with this proggie.....

i typed in  (in the ms dos window thingy):

c:\  binarize.exe bin swissarmysoldier (my addon folder name)

and then some strange things happen...... it starts to print strange messages (look at the screens)......

Is it my fault?? Have i typed in something wrong?!

Image > 100 kb

Image > 100 kb

Image > 100 kb

Image > 100 kb

Please don't post images > 100 kb.

try to do it with

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bin swissarmysoldier<span id='postcolor'>

don't call the exe directly, the batchfile should do the job.

I still cant get this tool to work. Every time I open it it shuts withinh about 1 second. My config is clean and has a Cfg Models section. Whats wrong here?

you need to use either "Command Prompt" or "MS-Dos" and run it from there.

Use the command line:

bin <name of folder with addon>

Tried that and it denied me access!! Another method will be needed sad.gif

Update: Jesus Lieutenant it actually worked. It didnt change my config.cpp file into a config.bin file though. Is that anything to worry about? Anyway the p3d model and textures are massively compressed! Thankyou. I will probably still have problems with my addon but this is a major help.

yeah, it didn't change my config.cpp either, but its a start, good luck with your addon though...

ok i didnt read all the thread since im too busy, but i aswell have a problem with this program...

First of all...is it that de-pbo'ed addon folder that i need or the addon pbo which is in another folder?

Well i put in both...and i started with BinariseIT from Colonel_Klink. It gave me nothing...and then in the History, it said it cannot make it due to the p3d file being over 1MB confused.gif I've seen some other addons being over 5MB (which is how large mine is) so howcome they got there?

I've got a lot of ready addons but cant really binarise them.

thats the old version of binarize it who gives this error, dl the new one and it should work :-D

well what i do is just unzip the binarize zip folder...and put all the files in one folder. Then i copy BinarizeIT from Col_Klink to the folder and then run BinarizeIT. I select the addon folder and nothing nothing happens when i click "Binarize IT now!"

The error message is caused by your cpp which is attempting to overwrite a "protected" class in the OFP bin file. Make sure your addon does not conflict with BIS classes.

I guess if you're making a Mod then you can ignore this type of message, but there are other types of error messages that you get in Binarizer that tell you what is wrong with your model (eg bad proxies, bad components etc).

SelectThis

I tried giving the addon to somebody else...and it worked for him, and he did the exactly same process as i did. No idea whats wrong..