Hello arma players.

Currently I'm trying to make a sort of 'pie menu" and I certainly can't do that with just a rectangular shape.

Any ideas? I've got everything down in terms of how to create the button, but I'm just not too sure about the shape.

Thanks in advance. 

I haven't looked how others have done this, but it might be single pie-sized button with a texture and MouseButtonClick event handler which returns the coordinates where the mouse was clicked.

10 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

I haven't looked how others have done this, but it might be single pie-sized button with a texture and MouseButtonClick event handler which returns the coordinates where the mouse was clicked.

Even better, I was actually going to allow a hover-release method. I'll figure it out along the way I suppose, if anything I'll just sort of group the buttons up whilst not making them huge. Couldn't you change the shape by redefining the default button definition?

Just fake it all and only have a single active control. Then use the mouse position relative to the controls center, when moused over, to work out what part of the pie is highlighted/activated.

You can then get away with using getDir or BIS_fnc_inAngleSector, just make sure you calculate the relative coords as grid squares as each persons screen ratio differs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larrow said:

Just fake it all and only have a single active control. Then use the mouse position relative to the controls center, when moused over, to work out what part of the pie is highlighted/activated.

You can then get away with using getDir or BIS_fnc_inAngleSector, just make sure you calculate the relative coords as grid squares as each persons screen ratio differs.

gotcha. Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at this and see what progress I can make with it.