islesfan186

set flyinheight using 3den enhanced

So, I just started toying around with Arma 3 and (obviously) it's way different then A2.  In A2, if I wanted an aircraft to fly in at a specific height at a waypoint i would put a flyinheight command in the waypoint init block.  HOWEVER, I don't see any such block in the edit waypoint option using 3den enhanced.  How to I go about setting various flyinheights for various waypoints?

Also, why is it when I set the flyinheight (in the actual unit init block) at 10 the unit hovers at 30m and if i put the height at 9 it drops to like 7m?  Is there anyway to set the height to ASL or AGL?  Any help would be appreciated

In the waypoint put

this flyInHeight 150;

Also, why is it when I set the flyinheight (in the actual unit init block) at 10 the unit hovers at 30m and if i put the height at 9 it drops to like 7m?  Is there anyway to set the height to ASL or AGL?  Any help would be appreciated

The command only accepts values from 50-1000 reliably according to the ingame command help.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

In the waypoint put

this flyInHeight 150;

The command only accepts values from 50-1000 reliably according to the ingame command help.

Right, my confusion was just in which block in the edit waypoint option do I put that command?  In A2 there was an init block where I could put commands, but I don't see one here.  Do I put it in the OnAct block maybe?  Sorry, I'm an A3 newb...there are quite a few things different as far as editing goes between A2 and A3

side note, I wonder why you can't go less than 50?  In A2 I was able to get aircraft to fly at any height.  Weird that BI would change that

6 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Which block in the edit waypoint to I put that?  In A2 there was a giant init block, but I don't see one in A3.  Is it on the OnAct block?

side note, I wonder why you can't go less than 50?  In A2 I was able to get aircraft to fly at any height.  Weird that BI would change that

OnAct is correct.

You can definitely try to go lower, I just quoted what the description says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

OnAct is correct.

You can definitely try to go lower, I just quoted what the description says.

Appreciate the help.  I'll give it a try when I get home later