bloodwyn1756

WMO - Walkable Moving Objects

12 hours ago, bloodwyn1756 said:

Well it should have proper GEO LOD and It should be declared as a ship (isKindOf "ship").

I can take a look, why it does not work now.

If these are the only requirements I don't know either ... I'll do some more tests and I'll come back.

Thanks for reply.

EDIT: I've tried again and still can't make a player stand on any of my ships while moving ... are they need also some "path lod" ? and is something might has to do with that my ships inherited from "Ship_F" class and not directly "Ship" class ?

So after testing numerous ideas (like attachTo a local object, setvelocity tricks, or doing synchronisation with a local bot object) with badbenson to improve MP synchronisation of the playerpos, he came up with the idea to use setVelocityTransformation. (Thanks again babe :drinking2:)

For the riding player himself nothing behaves different, but for other players he does not jump as frequently.

As you can see when going slow it looks way smoother and better. The faster the vehicle drives, the more the riding player will rubberband behind.

I think I will implement a speed switch for both modes at about 30km/h in an upcoming update.

some minor stuff I am also working on:

- less snapping e.g. falling speed

- more adaptive disablecollisionwith

- better mod compatibillity

• Like 3

On 29.08.2017 at 11:13 AM, Αplion said:

If these are the only requirements I don't know either ... I'll do some more tests and I'll come back.

isKindOf returns true for ship and any its derivatives. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isKindOf
Have the same issue with my ship addon that has GeoLOD divided due to ship's size and most of the parts inherit from "house" class. Would be better if PhysX GeoLOD was taken into account in the WMO mod since there is no size limit in this particular LOD. It'd be handy in case of large object like big ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightIntruder said:

isKindOf returns true for ship and any its derivatives. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isKindOf
Have the same issue with my ship addon that has GeoLOD divided due to ship's size and most of the parts inherit from "house" class. Would be better if PhysX GeoLOD was taken into account in the WMO mod since there is no size limit in this particular LOD. It'd be handy in case of large object like big ships.

I will have a look at this issue. Getting always the parent object should be the way to go...(also proxies)

I will post a "prerelease" version in the next 2 weeks, so that you can test those issues related to your mods and post feedback. :don16:

• Like 2

I said I am going to realese a test version, so here it is: :don16:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2s61UEUJqVRQ1R6dGdrYi1mbzg

changes compared to the workshop version:

- cleaned up code

- new functions: BW_WMO_fnc_isWMOobject, BW_WMO_fnc_collision, BW_WMO_fnc_getParent (recursively, so wow)

- compatibillity with attached objects

- compatibillity with objects without velocity (f.e. oneachframe setpos like ATS)

- less snapping/falling speed

- smoother MP sync as shown in a post above

Issues:

I disable collision between the player and the object that is ridden, to avoid damage and death.

Thats why you are able to walk through walls of big ships etc. Its not a pretty solution, so I am experimenting with sacrifical GEO LODs, that do not have velocity.

Also the attached object still have collosion so you will die when you touch a hitbox of an attached wall...

Second, the current system has problems with slope climbing. I am currently looking for a solution.

Feel free to give any suggestions to improve this prerelease version. It now also should work with most of your mods.

• Like 4

I did a quick test and I saw that (look at picture below) you can stand and walk on "blue" area but not on the "red" one ... it is not even possible to stand still on the "red" area when vehicle is in move ... this stands for all of my ships including the Anzac frigate you tested (ArmA 2 import to ArmA 3).

O7XsuQl.jpg

35 minutes ago, Αplion said:

I did a quick test and I saw that (look at picture below) you can stand and walk on "blue" area but not on the "red" one ... it is not even possible to stand still on the "red" area when vehicle is in move ... this stands for all of my ships including the Anzac frigate you tested (ArmA 2 import to ArmA 3).

"The exact value of the limit is not yet known, but it's somewhere around 50-60 meter from the center of origin (meaning that your object can be 100m wide/long at max if it is symmetrical to the center of origin)." - LOD

I think this is a problem on your side. The GEO LOD does not exist there ingame. You could split the back part of the GEO LOD into a seperate model and then attach it.

Spoiler

GxByIxf.png

7Uk0wLs.jpg

Thanks for the advise, I'll check my GEO LOD and I'll come back later.

• Like 1

Update Released

Changelog:

- compatibillity for attached objects

- compatibillity for objects without velocity. F.e. oneachframe setpos like ATS by duda (WMO_specialObjects array)

- sacrifical collision with the object that is ridden

- improved stability (less dying, smoother experience overall)

- improved Multiplayer synchronisation when going slow (<40 km/h)

Notes for Developers:

- pushback (object, classname or model) to the array WMO_specialObjects makes objects compatible with WMO (f.e. when it's not kind of land/air/ship))

- pushback (function) to the array BW_WMO_enter/BW_WMO_exit executes the function when the player steps onto/leaves a WMO Object with the object as a parameter.

Notes:

Slopes that point into the direction the vehicle is going might cause (more then usual) stuttering.

Please provide feedback to this new version.

I don't think that I can improve the walk on moving stuff feature much more in Arma 3. The limit seems to be reached for me. :dontgetit:

Have fun!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925018569

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

can I walk in RHS C-130J Hercules when it fly  or in vanilla VTOLS ?

Just tried it and yes. But it gets tricky when the vehicle gets faster or flys too high. Armas auto halo animation cannot be disabled.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bloodwyn1756 said:

Just tried it and yes. But it gets tricky when the vehicle gets faster or flys too high. Armas auto halo animation cannot be disabled.

I remember years ago RHS have a nice script for that in their  C-130

I have a problem.
With ACE when I am on vehicles, fatigue begins to fall very fast. It does not matter  the vehicle is moving or not.

This is normal?)

16 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

I have a problem.
With ACE when I am on vehicles, fatigue begins to fall very fast. It does not matter  the vehicle is moving or not.

This is normal?)

Maybe the ace guys calculate their fatigue by checking the distance traveled? I guess this can be disable somehow but I'm not familiar with their scripting features.:don16:

6 hours ago, bloodwyn1756 said:

Maybe the ace guys calculate their fatigue by checking the distance traveled? I guess this can be disable somehow but I'm not familiar with their scripting features.:don16:

When vehicle is not moving, effect is the same)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AirShark said:

hello;

I think on of the game updates broke your mod

picture: https://imgur.com/zIKZUpd

I think its not breaking anything significant, but Ill take a look.Thanks.

Yes thats because I disable the collision with the vehicle so that the player doesnt die. But I enable the collision again after getting off the vehicle. Maybe there is a problem there. Are you using any mods that could interfere with WMO?

9 hours ago, bloodwyn1756 said:

Yes thats because I disable the collision with the vehicle so that the player doesnt die. But I enable the collision again after getting off the vehicle. Maybe there is a problem there. Are you using any mods that could interfere with WMO?

nope, i tried it even without mods only (CBA)

pictures:

https://imgur.com/A7JgnQt

https://imgur.com/oTsLFFd

https://imgur.com/S5nivPZ

Hello there Is this possible to use on uss liberty attached to other ship I mean I attach liberty to assault boat with minigun to make liberty movable and wondering if I can walk on its deck

13 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

Hello there Is this possible to use on uss liberty attached to other ship I mean I attach liberty to assault boat with minigun to make liberty movable and wondering if I can walk on its deck

Yea it should be. Take a look at the last changelog. The liberty probaply has an okay geometry lod.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

Sorry to get off topic, but how do you attach the USS Liberty to an assault boat?