bloodwyn1756

WMO - Walkable Moving Objects

pOr1qe7.jpg

This Addons makes you be able to walk on driving vehicles without sliding off.

I highly recommend BadBensons Enhanced Movement to be able to climb ontop of the vehicles. But it is optional.

Notes:
- Every type of vehicle works, but with high speeds, you migth slide off
- Addon is only script based, so the experience migth be glichy in some cases :-)
- Scripts need to run on each frame so you will experience a decrease of perfomance
- Does work in MP, but doesn`t look smooth for other players
- If you want to ride an object that is not in "vehicles" you can add it to the WMO_specialObjects array

Steam Workshop Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925018569&result=1

Armaholic Mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32759

Credits:
Big thanks to BadBenson who helped me a lot with MP testing, giving suggestions and providing a better version of my "proof of concept" adaptive roadway!

Feel free to leave a comment with feedback. I will try to update this if needed ;)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Looks very nice, 

Will have to check this out for sure :-) 

Awesome was so looking forward this as part of EM. Will check it out soon.

this works really well guys. main things right now is the 100m auto halo animation and visual stuff that was mentioned which applies to MP only. other than that it's working as you would expect.

really great work man!

• Like 3

Question, does the mod need to be run on all clients in multiplayer for it to function correctly for one?

Currently everybody needs it to function correctly(collision). But I have an idea how to make it that only the one client needs it. I'll test it. Should work.

Would it be possible to make it a server side mod so clients don't have to run it?

6 minutes ago, WastedMike1 said:

Would it be possible to make it a server side mod so clients don't have to run it?

No that would not be a good solution. :don16: As written above, I will try to change it that only the clients who want it have to run it.

Thanks for you work! This is one of the things I wish were built in the game.

When I got inside the Hercules, The character wasn't able to stay still, so either the plane exploded and I died or the character clipped off the plane and crashed on the ground.

Am I doing something wrong?

It did work with a still chopper, I was able to walk inside, but the above is weird, because I saw you standing on top of the Blackfish in the video you made.

Future plans:

- adding Mod compatibility (ATS by duda, USS Iowa, etc. etc.)

- more options for mission creators (on/off button, rate of realism)

- performance tweaks

- bug fixes (f.e. problems while parachuting)

- only the clients who want to use the mod have to load it (and also the server won't need it)

- experiments with vehicle interiors and adaptive geo LODs

- maybe a "show off" passenger ship with walkable interiors in the far future

• Like 6

How would I add an object to the WMO_specialObjects array? I assume I can do it from the object's init line in the Eden editor like this:

WMO_specialObjects append [this];

Buuut this doesn't seem to be working.

you might want to check first, if the array already exists.

0 = this spawn
{
	waituntil {!isNil "WMO_SpecialObjects"};

WMO_SpecialObjects pushback _this
}

not sure, if this will solve your issue. jsut guessing by what you showed. good luck.

@Delta Hawk you are the guy who was making the pirate ship, right? i was mentioning you to bloodwyn several times as a very good use case of this while we tested, but wasn't sure who exactly it was.

how is that thing coming along? still working on it?

• Like 1

The specific ship I'm making, the HMS Persephone, a galley frigate of the Royal Navy isn't a pirate ship, but there were several real pirates ships similar to her, the Whydah Gally being chief among them.  The Whydah Gally was of similar tonnage and build to the fictional ship I'm making.  Originally she was a slave ship and on her maiden voyage from Africa, "Black Sam" Bellamy took her and made her his flagship, becoming the most financially successful pirate in the Golden Age of Piracy.

I'm still working on my ship and I've began testing Bloodwyn's addon with it.  It's possible to move around on the ship but I'm having difficulties walking down some stairs.  I'll be testing it with my brother in multiplayer this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Delta Hawk said:

The specific ship I'm making, the HMS Persephone, a galley frigate of the Royal Navy isn't a pirate ship, but there were several real pirates ships similar to her, the Whydah Gally being chief among them.  The Whydah Gally was of similar tonnage and build to the fictional ship I'm making.  Originally she was a slave ship and on her maiden voyage from Africa, "Black Sam" Bellamy took her and made her his flagship, becoming the most financially successful pirate in the Golden Age of Piracy.

I'm still working on my ship and I've began testing Bloodwyn's addon with it.  It's possible to move around on the ship but I'm having difficulties walking down some stairs.  I'll be testing it with my brother in multiplayer this weekend.

how are the stairs set up in geo and roadway lod? ramp or actual stairs? jsut curious and might help bloodwyn fix it.

3 hours ago, bad benson said:

you might want to check first, if the array already exists.

0 = this spawn
{
	waituntil {!isNil "WMO_SpecialObjects"};

WMO_SpecialObjects pushback _this
}

not sure, if this will solve your issue. jsut guessing by what you showed. good luck.

Nope that didn't work...I'm trying to get this mod to work with the USS Freedom.

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

how are the stairs set up in geo and roadway lod? ramp or actual stairs? jsut curious and might help bloodwyn fix it.

All stairs are set up as ramps, not steps.  One deck has stairs running aft-forward of the hull which isn't a problem to up up and down, but another deck has stairs that run from side to side of the hull, which are problematic.

2 hours ago, LCpl M. Buchanan said:

What can I do with the LOD in eden that ships with this mod?

Hmmm maybe a invisible stairway to heaven :f::eh:? Or walkable water.^^

• Like 1

Hi, 

I was wondering if it was possible to include your mod into my Mod pack for my community, of course giving you full credit for your work!

This will help me reduce the # of mods needed to join the server!

Thanks,

Best Regards

4 hours ago, Adam Kadmon said:

Hi, 

I was wondering if it was possible to include your mod into my Mod pack for my community, of course giving you full credit for your work!

This will help me reduce the # of mods needed to join the server!

Thanks,

Best Regards

Feel free to PM me for questions like that ;)

Just one question ... is it possible to apply and use this mod in conjunction with my ships mod here ..

and if yes, can you please advise what needed to do for that ?

Thanks in advance.

Well it should have proper GEO LOD and It should be declared as a ship (isKindOf "ship").

I can take a look, why it does not work now.