pooroldspike

Are some players cheating?

I've put in 1500 hours on multiplayer servers over the past year, mostly KOTH, and am almost certain there's something funny going on because enemy humans almost always spot me and toast me before I spot them.

For example I'm in cover and ambush a fast-moving vehicle with a Navid MG, it veers off damaged and the survivors jump out and begin shooting at me from 100 metres or more with less than a couple of seconds delay and I'm dead, even if I've dropped prone and gone quiet in thick grass. With 360 degrees to choose from, why do they instantly face my exact position?

What do you think, have cheaters/hackers put a big sign above my head saying "HE'S HERE" that only they can see?

Or have they somehow made all trees, bushes and grass invisible to their eyes only so that their enemies are on a naked battlefield?

• Like 1

It is a well known fact that setting graphics to minimum gives you an adventage in spotting It has always been that way, Ther is no solution except focus on SP is you want the gfx cranked all up.

The problem is inherent in most MP games, (Warthunder Tank Battles with it's minimum (old gfc card) setting comes to mind which negates all means of camoflage. But "the Cheat" might also just be TI googles or TI Optics.

Yeah thats a real bummer and one of the things that turn me off about MP. Guess im naive because i dont understand why everyone cant use the honor system with graphics and never use cheats. Pretty much dispise poeple who use cheats cause i just dont understand the point -how can you feel good about something you didnt earn?

*sets time machine dial back to 1922*

• Like 1

I have played a metric shit ton of KotH and Wasteland in the past.  But I'm in the same vien of players you are.  I like my graphics cranked to max, and my immersion high, so I'm automatically at a disadvantage when it comes to low graphics and 3p players.  But I still do just fine by falling back on the time honored cover and concealment.  Any more, KotH and wasteland are a relaxing break from the intense AI fights that I subject myself to nowdays.  Real players are less coordinated, more predictable, and typically lose it in high stress situations.  You just have to play to the advantages you have over them, while keeping the ones you lack in mind. 

Call wallhack simple and easy

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Mate if you new who was cheating and who wasn't wouldn't they be banned? 

People cheat all the time. It's nothing new and certainly not the first time its happened in Arma. 

But like everyone said, It's probably to do with rendering. Sitting in a bush can often be less effective then other things. I never struggle to spot someone in a bush or a field, Cover is definitely more effective than Concealment. Considering a lot of servers disable grass and or limit object view distance. 

I've just been in the Editor tweaking every graphic setting in sight to try to thin out grass and shrubs but it can't be done.

So sadly it looks like some multiplayer cheaters have found a way to do it which gives them a tremendous advantage over us poor slobs who can't, because it means they can see us but we can't see them..:)

This is what they love using

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, pooroldspike said:

I've just been in the Editor tweaking every graphic setting in sight to try to thin out grass and shrubs but it can't be done.

So sadly it looks like some multiplayer cheaters have found a way to do it which gives them a tremendous advantage over us poor slobs who can't, because it means they can see us but we can't see them..:)

Setting terrain to 'Very Low' will remove the grass (and make the ground look shite)  They do it to increase fps and see people trying to hide in grass.

Many servers/missions have their own settings which override your game setup.

A properly made mission will not allow the very low setting to be used.

9 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Setting terrain to 'Very Low' will remove the grass (and make the ground look shite)  They do it to increase fps and see people trying to hide in grass.

Many servers/missions have their own settings which override your game setup.

A properly made mission will not allow the very low setting to be used.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around - by default, the server forces the setting.

16 hours ago, pooroldspike said:

You can do it in the .ini manually. There are quite some things you can do by editing the .ini numbers beyond what possible in the menu.

1 minute ago, Greenfist said:

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around - by default, the server forces the setting.

LoL, thats what I meant :D

Settings priority

1) Server setting

2) Mission

3) Game options

We hard men have got our shit wired tight and are too good to cheat..:)

Waddya say to the girly cheats Sergeant?

"Be men and stop cheating! TAKE THE PAIN!"

platoon-1986_zpspn1zvr6c.jpg~original