Sign in to follow this  
feldmaus

resync respawned vehicle to support module

Good morning,

in my mission i setup a chopper+Crew for transport support, therefore i am using the support module transport which i sync to the vehicle. After dead of the chopper/crew(createvehicle is used), the sync is away. In Editor i tried to <support_trans synchronizeObjectsAdd [littlebird_1]> to resync my vehicle to the support module, without success. <synchronizedObjects support_trans> didnt listed any objects.

Any hints?

regards

Normally, it's far batter to use the vehicle respawn module (with createVehicleCrew inside of expression) . It throws the variable name to the new vehicle (just test the variable still exists on this object (target it, and read cursortarget in a debug console watch line).

If not, you must apply the new variable (local or not, resulting of the createVehicle) to be applied on your link.

Anyway, in both case, use   [_unit,_requseter,_support] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink; instead. This function works better;

From what for a variable name are you talking about? What does this variable consists of? How is it called? How to target what?

However i searched for cursortarget and found this page,

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cursorTarget

Is this related to your answer?

And another interesting related topic i found,

Are you talking about a variable which consists the linked object name to my vehicle?

How can i check this in my script? With the command,

linkedobjects=cursortarget;

Can it return more than one linked object?

regards

The variable name is simply the name you write in the init field of the unit/object. Say arty1 in init field of your scorcher or MK mortar. With a vehicle respawn, you keep this name. With a createvehicle, you need to work around with setVehicleVarName to keep the same reference for your links.

I don't understand what you want to do with cursortarget!!! cursortarget is returning something when you point at something, while in game/pause. You can use it in a script, generally in some displays/framed scripts (loop!).

What i want is to check in the phase of the initialisation if the vehicle is linked to a support module, if so then i want to get the name of the module it is linked to. How to do this?

In my Code i am still saving the vehicleVarName.

I found some interesting thread,

Re-adding supports after Player was killed/Reply from User Larrow

In this thread there are a few important variables i should check,

BIS_SUPP_HQ
BIS_SUPP_allProviderModules
BIS_SUPP_used_*
BIS_SUPP_transmitting
BIS_SUPP_limit_*
BIS_supp_refresh

What does these variables consists of? Are there more variables related to the Support Module?

Further interesting Link,

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=170708

And i should check following functions in the function viewer(Hit CTRL+F) of Arma,

BIS_fnc_addSupportLink
BIS_fnc_limitSupport
BIS_fnc_removeSupportLink