Is anyone else having problems with triggers? I think the activation tab is broken as I cant link the trigger to a unit

"triggers" - "trouble with code"

Could you please be more descriptive in your thread titles?

Cheers

What? Are you serious?

Do people even care to explain their problems thoroughly anymore.

Second on GOM's comment.

If you're in Eden it's made for lamenns, right clikc trigger > sync to > drag line to unit > click.

SIMPLE

Come on, get down of your high horse mate, what he said was clear, you even answered it :welcome:

Just now, ProfTournesol said:

Come on, get down of your high horse mate, what he said was clear, you even answered it :welcome:

If someone can't figure out how to learn and develop their skills with trial and error then why continue?

1 minute ago, Midnighters said:

If someone can't figure out how to learn and develop their skills with trial and error then why continue?

That's the purpose of the forum mate.

Just now, ProfTournesol said:

It was clear there was no attempt there though. That's what throws me off, people can learn so much but they cap themselves off by immediately seeking help and having people walk them through the entire thing. Not a good learning process.

5 minutes ago, Midnighters said:
7 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

It was clear there was no attempt there though. That's what throws me off, people can learn so much but they cap themselves off by immediately seeking help and having people walk them through the entire thing. Not a good learning process.

Right let me explain for the likes of Midnighters..........

I was in the editor today making a mission & when I tried to set the activation by tab within the trigger it wouldn't work!!!!!!!!!! Ive been away from Arma for some time with PTSD so I thought I would get back into it by making a mission to relax with. Now I was a little confused as the trigger set didn't behave as I thought it would. Just wandered if it had changed or is broken or if I need to reinstall my arma.

I was simply asking if other people are having the same problem as I was.

I think my original question was NOT CRYTIC IN ANY WAY & as I only had one question I cant see the problem Midnighters.

Thank you ProfTournesol for the support mate

1 minute ago, pipyn1970 said:

Right let me explain for the likes of Midnighters..........

I was in the editor today making a mission & when I tried to set the activation by tab within the trigger it wouldn't work!!!!!!!!!! Ive been away from Arma for some time with PTSD so I thought I would get back into it by making a mission to relax with. Now I was a little confused as the trigger set didn't behave as I thought it would. Just wandered if it had changed or is broken or if I need to reinstall my arma.

I was simply asking if other people are having the same problem as I was.

I think my original question was NOT CRYTIC IN ANY WAY & as I only had one question I cant see the problem Midnighters.

Thank you ProfTournesol for the support mate

Hey, sorry to hear that. I think my original answer may have been a bit out of line sure..

But the same still applies. The same problem has been reported by so many different people (if I now understand what you are talking about).

Which is now fixed in the RC build. I'm not your enemy, constructive criticism is sometimes the best way to learn.

The problem originally was the lack of information, setting activation could have been with the editor, or in code, shoot.