Greetings all!

Going to be sharing my latest piece which will be coming to Arma, aren't you lucky?!

Now, some of you may not like the fact that's it's an entirely fictional weapon, but we're keeping it realistic and based it off a few real world rifles, such as the Barrett M99, the Steyr HS-50 and so on.

Here's some fluff for you to salivate over.

1. The KKiv-35 rifle is a 25mm payload rifle that is capable of firing either 25mm High-Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP), or Armour-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding-Sabot (APFSDS) round with high degree of accuracy of up to 1km and beyond. The rifle is designed for sabotage and long range operations where you need the accuracy of a 12.7mm or comparable caliber, with the capabilities of a rocket launcher, without the launch signature of one.
  3. Being lighter than it's contemporaries (M320 LRR .408 and GM6 Lynx), and being able to reach comparable ranges with its 25mm payloads, the HEDP rounds are useful for lightly armored targets (such as the Hunter, Ifrit, or Strider), and ensuring that if any hostile infantry is in the vicinity of target vehicle, casualties are inflicted. With the APFSDS rounds the rifle becomes capable of dealing with tougher targets, such as IFVs (like the Gorgon, Marid, or Marshall), though it requires a steady hand and well placed shot to cause necessary damage to disable such vehicles.
  5. Overall, the KKiv-35 is placed between the niche of a conventional anti-materiel rifles and rocket launchers, where a conventional rifle does not provide enough power and a rocket launcher would have a very visible launch signature (both visually, and with lock-on warnings), and offers extremely effective package with lighter weight than both.

So with that out of the way, here's some images to further titulate:

235GeLN.png

Kgrf3Oc.png

WatFsmY.png

uA8sQL4.png

ZumWTQ9.png

Apologies if the images are too large, hopefully the forum can take care of this automatically.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts and get some feedback, take care everyone.

Later. o/

• Like 18

Thoughts?.....Beast!

It looks damn nice! How did you end up with the name of beloved Finnish folklore hero?

1. clicked on weird thread title
  2. looked at the pictures
  3. look at that badass muzzle brake
  4. think "wait a minute..."
  5. scroll back up
  6. look at "25mm"
  7. jaw drops
  8. scroll to the pictures
  9. jaw dropping further
  10. scroll back up
  11. look at "25mm" again
  12. scream "25mm" out loud
  13. get confused look from cat

holy moly, can't wait to get my hands on this.

arma really needs more variety in infantry weapons, stuff like this is a godsend!

Cheers

• Like 10

Not realising nor expecting this would make it into Arma, I feel privileged in having watched Kiory make it (albeit only 30 min or so). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peegee said:

It looks damn nice! How did you end up with the name of beloved Finnish folklore hero?

Yep, curious too :)

In case anyone's curious who's "Väinämöinen" - he's the main guy in the Finnish national epic. And here's one artist's depiction from 1896:

Spoiler

4NfnK05.jpg

• Like 4

Muzzlebreak reminds me of Lahti L39. Looking good can't wait to see it with textures or ingame :) May I ask why the bolt action is that long if the shell is only half of the length?

• Like 1

The muzzle brake harking back to L-39 is on purpose, also, for people curious about the name, I was the one who named it, and I figured it'd be a fitting name for the rifle, even the naming convention similar the way FDF names stuff (KKiv-35 stands for KranaattiKivääri 35, "Grenade Rifle 35", implying it was adopted into use in 2035). Though I suppose it would be better as 25 KKiv 2035.

6 hours ago, Greenfist said:

In case anyone's curious who's "Väinämöinen" - he's the main guy in the Finnish national epic. And here's one artist's depiction from 1896:

As a finn, I can say this is historically accurate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bnae said:

Muzzlebreak reminds me of Lahti L39. Looking good can't wait to see it with textures or ingame :) May I ask why the bolt action is that long if the shell is only half of the length?

Yea, it was directly based off the Lahti 39 as inspiration with a few minor changes. I've consulted with my personal gun nut (Nirrti) and you're right, it's a tad too long, so I will be shortening that for sure. :)

Oh, and I also neglected to mention that the rounds are caseless, which was measured out to be exactly 80mm, which is probably why it's a bit shorter, but considering the weapon is entirely based around these types of rounds, the bolt casing could defintely be a bit shorter.

• Like 2

Nice weapon, looks bad ass. I know about the kalevala because of Amorphis. Hope you can use Tomi Joutsen's beastly guturals as weapon sounds. :don8:

Just a quick update, there's not much left to do on this piece, so I'm hopeful of a release today, stay tuned.

• Like 3

Soo, pretty much a modernized tactical Lahti AT rifle? I'll take that!

Great work as always pleasure to watch this being made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Addon just dropped, if a mod could please close this thread I'd apprecaite it.

• Like 1