Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

Don't feel bad, this will make you feel better: I accidentally let some cables touch and fried analog input pin 16 on the ST72632M1 chip (ST7263 series). Meaning, the Logitech stick I just bought and was almost done modifying with pedals and other tweaks is now missing two HAT switches and one bomb switch. There is no way to repair that since the chip has an EPROM and I don't have anything to program these with and neither do I have the code. Oh yeah, and that tiny touch also burned out the motor control IC, which can be replaced though.

crazy_o.gif Next time, I'm gonna wait till I get some rest before I fry more stuff. sad_o.gif

Ouch! sad_o.gif. Well, it's a really long shot, but I guess it would be possible to fix it if you found another stick to take that chip from. If something happens to mine anytime soon I'll keep you in mind....that hurts sad_o.gif.

Thanks, if it ever brakes and you give up on it I would gladly use it for a heart transplant. smile_o.gif (and yes I figure that would work pretty well)

I borrowed it from a friend to see if it runs here and I like it .. It runs and looks like crap on this comp but if it works good on the other comp im going to buy it!!

I have been having fun with the bombers and I've found out that im a really crappy fighter pilot.. biggrin_o.gif

Il try to tweak my settings some more and I hope to find you people on a online server some day smile_o.gif

//EDIT- Can someone borrow me some money for a new and better computer?? wink_o.gif

My joystick is floppy, so my aim is always off. So I always have to chase after the big bomers/transports. I had the funniest moment today in QM.

Three MIG's were chasing me in my BF109. All three were blazing away with tracers towards my rear. I made a hard pull upwards. The MIG's all pulled up with me. My superior German engine outbeat them. The lead Ruskie slowed down and begane to swung downards towards the other two. It collied with it's wingman and the wingman's plane spun over to cut the third in half.

It was a glorious, if not hilarious, sight that will always stay with me.

Three MIG's were chasing me in my BF109. All three were blazing away with tracers towards my rear. I made a hard pull upwards. The MIG's all pulled up with me. My superior German engine outbeat them. The lead Ruskie slowed down and begane to swung downards towards the other two. It collied with it's wingman and the wingman's plane spun over to cut the third in half.

It was a glorious, if not hilarious, sight that will always stay with me.

Got to love moments like that smile_o.gif

Once I witnessed a headon between a Pe-2 and a MiG-3.

The Pe-2 was coming in to land at the same time that the MiG was trying to take off.

The result was quite messy. I even took a screenshot because it was so funny.

Bless the AI and air traffic control!

Once I was chasing a BF109 with an fuel leak. Using my little "bee"(I don't remember name. It's a small plane with a massive engine an no side and top canopy). I emptied my little green cannons and only managed to tear some holes in him. In a last desperate attempt, I dove under him and pulled hard upwards. My wing cut his entire back off and ripped off one of his wings. I, unfortunatly, spun to my doom. My guy seemed unabled to get out.

Hmm, this is interesting. See, I've found a way (quite accidentally) to successfully carry out a Taran attack and still be able to fly home - slicing through the lower fuselage of the enemy plane with my vertical stabilizer. Like I said, the first time it was quite accidental, but I've done it twice since after running out of ammo, and so far, results are pretty consistent - I loose my vertical stabilizer, and the 109 breaks in two. I only do it in low speed fights since any sort of miscalculation at high speed would be fatal. It feels very strange to fly a plane that's completely missing it's vertical stabilizer, yawing uncontrolably and feeling like you're about to spin at any second, but it's a lot of fun, and it's a challenge to land smile_o.gif.

But - here's the really interesting part. 3 times I've done this, 3 times I've been recording a quick track while doing it, and I can never watch it. During "Loading planes" I always get an error about a corrupted ObjectMesh rock.gif .

Ok I've got it running ok now smile_o.gif

I've started a game with the Finnish AF and on my first mission (normal realism) I shot down 3 DB-3's and a I-153  tounge_o.gif  

The B-239 is a pretty cool plane.. the guns are a bit useless but ramming is also a nice trick (same way tovarish does.. I ram with my vertical stabilizer against the wing and it comes of and I can fly on to my base biggrin_o.gif)

Da

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

Unfortunately (not fo me  ) I will be absent till July 3.

Anyway the work over patch almost finished. So I hope to get final result during 2-2,5 weeks.

After the patch, we'll work and compile the small add-on with some new staff and if neccessary - will fix the last bugs that may be present in released already patch (not all is possible to find even with hundreds of testers that are working right now over the patch).

In a patch are hundreds changes in all areas. We were reading forums with great attention. So all fixes that were considerend by us as bugs, but not limits of technology, etc we tried to correct.

There also will be some improvements in online and video.

Sound - completely new driver.

That all that I would like to tell for a short time before I will run from office.

Please be patient and wait a bit more. We would like to make once and good  . Such thing deserver some time.

Oleg Maddox

1C:Maddox Games

More like someone on the Moderator team took it down at the request of 1C.

Should have seen it coming biggrin_o.gif. Ah well, what I remember - Mk108 more deadly and more accurate 1 shot 1 kill basically, better aileron authority on the 190's - overall the poster said he thought the 190's handled much better and he expected to see a lot more people flying them online, the FM's all feel better overall, the Hurricane can actually be stalled, P-40 has better performance and the self-destruct-dive feature is gone, ect ect. The version of the beta he had however did not have any new AC and the I-16 and Fw-190's still seemed invulnerable to light caliber MG's.

Hey this thread really made me interrested in IL-2 and forgotten battles! biggrin_o.gif

I've already downladed the IL-2 demo. I just have to get a joystick somewhere. A friend of mine has one with Force Feedback. I think he'll lend it to me. smile_o.gif

have you guys any hints for me?

$33ker @ June 27 2003,11:22)]Hey this thread really made me interrested in IL-2 and forgotten battles! biggrin_o.gif

I've already downladed the IL-2 demo. I just have to get a joystick somewhere. A friend of mine has one with Force Feedback. I think he'll lend it to me. smile_o.gif

have you guys any hints for me?

As far as joysticks go, it's been discussed on this thread many times, for example, start reading on page 66 smile_o.gif.

I already have read the whole thread. smile_o.gif

I thought of tactics and stuff. That's my first attempt at flight sims and I din't understand all your posts about dogfighting and air combat.

@ June 27 2003,14:23)]Russian planes are for dogfighting, German planes are for teamwork and tactics.

tounge_o.gif . I have been known to use teamwork and tactics on Russian planes  wink_o.gif

If you want to be consistantly successful, you gain just as much from tactics and teamwork in angles dogfighting as in energy fighting.

@ June 27 2003,14:23)]Russian planes are for dogfighting, German planes are for teamwork and tactics.

tounge_o.gif . I have been known to use teamwork and tactics on Russian planes  wink_o.gif

lol, knew that would get a rise out of you. But face it, you can survive in a Yak or La by just yanking and banking- try that sort of thing in an 190 or 109 and you're a dead duck.