Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

I'm going to be getting a cable modem soon. Maybe we should all set up some cooperative matches with our fellow forum members? I believe it was suggested earlier in this thread, but I dont remember the response the idea got...

Im a horrible pilot sad.gif

Is there a site that tells how to adjust your stick so it isnt so sluggish in some directions? On my stick when I pull back or to the right it goes really slow.

Well I'm into the 42 Crimea campaign in the Bf-109F4, but damn, that AAA is radar guilded. It's really wrecking the game for me. I was chasing a I-16 and as soon as I was in range of the AAA I was toast. Now I was at 420km/hr and manouvering hard for the kill. No way a gunner is going to hit me like that on the first barrage. I saw the first tracer then I was hit. And it's like that all the time. Now the AAA in IL2 was useless, but FB went too far the other way. My campaign has come to a standstill because nothing can penitrate the AAA around the cities.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Mar. 22 2003,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im a horrible pilot sad.gif

Is there a site that tells how to adjust your stick so it isnt so sluggish in some directions? On my stick when I pull back or to the right it goes really slow.<span id='postcolor'>

You probably should recalibrate your joystick. Go to Control Panel->Game Controllers->Properties. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Mar. 22 2003,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I'm into the 42 Crimea campaign in the Bf-109F4, but damn, that AAA is radar guilded. It's really wrecking the game for me. I was chasing a I-16 and as soon as I was in range of the AAA I was toast. Now I was at 420km/hr and manouvering hard for the kill. No way a gunner is going to hit me like that on the first barrage. I saw the first tracer then I was hit. And it's like that all the time. Now the AAA in IL2 was useless, but FB went too far the other way. My campaign has come to a standstill because nothing can penitrate the AAA around the cities.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

I agree 100%. Believe it or not, it can get even worse. Try a Stuka campaign... crazy.gif

I want IL-2 since its such a nice game .. but i also want it to check if my (our) ww2 planes move correctly .. like for the P40..if I can get FB i can check if it is too heavy or so..

smile.gif

But for now I enjoy hunting in the v2 demo..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 22 2003,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You probably should recalibrate your joystick. Go to Control Panel->Game Controllers->Properties. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did that 3 times, it got a little bit better but I still cant stall the plane by pulling all the way back on it.

Whats the best plane to dogfight with?

Ok, my stick is finally were I want it, well, almost anyway.

Is there any websites with tips on flying? I cant seem to hit anything in dogfights.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Mar. 23 2003,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, my stick is finally were I want it, well, almost anyway.

Is there any websites with tips on flying? I cant seem to hit anything in dogfights.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd watch the training missions. After that, well, practice makes perfect

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Mar. 22 2003,16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want IL-2 since its such a nice game .. but i also want it to check if my (our) ww2 planes move correctly .. like for the P40..if I can get FB i can check if it is too heavy or so..

smile.gif

But for now I enjoy hunting in the v2 demo..<span id='postcolor'>

the P-40 is vastly inferior to its German counterparts of the era- I shot down 8 P-40s in one mission with a Frederick. It's slow, stalls easily, pretty heavy (I mean, look at that friggin nose!wink.gif, and is about the least nimble of the Russian fighters of the early war. Although it does have excellent armament, which makes head-on passes a risky proposition. Also, it seems to be a fairly tough airplane, other than its engine, which is noticeably more fragile, even by FB standards. With a good pilot, it will hold up fairly well in early war scenarios, but as far as Lend-Lease is concerned, the Warhawk arrived a day late and a dollar short on the East front.

I have got Forgotten Battles so I'm off to try it now. I have reached the limit of my internet usage for this month so I will see you all next month probably.

Well I am back and have fiddled around with FB, and I must say I like what I see.

It is cool now that there is more tree's, and I like the water effects and all the other new things. I am a bit dissapointed that they haven't fixed the kill system though, I think if you force a pilot to crash land his plane, thats a kill. If a planes on the ground and you strafe and blow a wing off, thats a kill (but should be added to your ground kills, not air kills).

Anyway, its all lovely. Am waiting forward to all the planes that shall be implemented in future patches.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Mar. 22 2003,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 22 2003,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You probably should recalibrate your joystick. Go to Control Panel->Game Controllers->Properties. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did that 3 times, it got a little bit better but I still cant stall the plane by pulling all the way back on it.

Whats the best plane to dogfight with?<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn`t know about that sort of thing cos i get shot down so much wow.gif but its really funny having the il-2 or I-16 and zipping down and blasting some one with the rockets biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am waiting forward to all the planes that shall be implemented in future patches. <span id='postcolor'>

ARGH insanely big patches hurt my 56k

crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Mar. 27 2003,10:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am waiting forward to all the planes that shall be implemented in future patches. <span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But more planes make IL-2 Fans very happy wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2003,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, anyone know where I could find some information on specific WW2 VVS squadrons? I've been trying to do some research into the 6th GvIAP, which I'm currently flying for, and keep coming up with nothing.<span id='postcolor'>

In case anyone else is interested, found something

Russian Air Regiments Research Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 27 2003,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Mar. 27 2003,10wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am waiting forward to all the planes that shall be implemented in future patches. <span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But more planes make IL-2 Fans very happy wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

unless their on a 56k tounge.gif

if their going to make crazy sized patches they could at least offer to sell big patches on cd from their website with a price low enough to cover costs and make a slight profit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Mar. 29 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">unless their on a 56k tounge.gif

if their going to make crazy sized patches they could at least offer to sell big patches on cd from their website with a price low enough to cover costs and make a slight profit.<span id='postcolor'>

Or you find a friend with a CD Burner on broadband! Hell, if you are in North America, let me know when there are some patches and I'll mail you a CD with them.

You just need to learn the art of leaving your computer on all night downloading. When the IL-2 demo first came out back in that fateful September of 2001, I was on 56k. I wanted the demo so badly that I slept to the sound of my computer to get it, and it was worth it.

Now I know that the IL2 Campaign Generator has been mentioned before, but I suggest you go and check out here. It has been released for FB, and by the sounds of it, it is better than the dynamic campaign generator for FB. The standard FB Dynamic Campaign Generator works at tactical level, and the war is only really waged on a tactical level. With IL2 Gen, it is on a strategic level and it's an improved system. I am going to try it out now.

Lousy bloody bombers. I can live with the fact that I16s are impervious to anything but large caliber cannon shells, (Now I pull a yo-yo and pour .303 rounds into the cockpit), but those bloody bombers are driving me insane.

Grrr... I'm going to reinstall B17 2. (Which incidently, is also great! Buy it fools!wink.gif

Bombers are funny,they move so slow their easy to get the jump on them and slam to rockets up their ass biggrin.gif

Not these ones. Once you drop your bomb load, they start flying like fighters, usually into the ground. I loose my entire flight every mission.

It needs patching

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 02 2003,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Grrr... I'm going to reinstall B17 2. (Which incidently, is also great! Buy it fools!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Brought it 3 years ago smile.gif

It is a pity that they cut out MP (although someone, might have even been you Badgerboy, said that a 3rd party was making MP for it). I also think they should have included a German Fighter pilot career. And they should have added an AI that could bomb right...

One of the coolsest features of it was with the patch, kill and mission markers came up on your plane. It was just a nice, historically correct feature to have little bombs painted underneath the cockpit. I wish they would do it for FB.

yeah, probably the one thing I'd most like to see in FB is for my kills to show up on my plane. that would kick sooo much ass