venom.226

Ragdoll Physics Plus+ v1.0

On 1/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, venom.226 said:

New update guys! Get v0.4.1 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jp02i1xv4jbnur/VEN_RFX_OVERHAUL.zip/file

CHANGELOG v0.4.1:

-Minor improvements to physics

-Arms won't get stuck in torso anymore

-Ragdolls will no longer fly into the air/glitch out from prone position.

Thank you kind man, finally you delivered me from cardboard corpses flying to the sky!
Question - You can not make ragdoll not disconnected from already dead bodies within a limited radius aroun player?  Is it technically possible?

I dream to see how vehicles and explosions throw away dead bodies and how the dead body reacts to a bullet- hits (throwing back from the shot)

ps: I noticed that after killing a soldier a few more seconds the dead body will have a ragdoll physic, but after this time it turns off.

So somewhere there is a setting that allows to extend the ragdoll physic or somehow set it up for a dead bodies

6 hours ago, venom.226 said:

@velzevul Unfortunately no, I just tested the load order with PiR loaded before my mod, same result happens. The conflict is RD.pbo, which is PiR's version of my mod. There's a workaround though; Make PiR a local mod and then delete RD.pbo from the local folder, that seems to solve the conflict without breaking PiR at all. Just make sure to keep PiR disabled, not unsubscribed, so that you can keep the mod up to date. 

Why Ragdoll from PiR's version of your mod?)))

When I did it, I only looked at physics from VTN)

And yes, the file RD.pbo only responsible for the physics of ragdoll. If you delete it, this will not affect the main functionality of the mod.

When i'm attempt download your mod on your link, at my antivirus (ESET Internet Security) interrupted this and give warnings, that here trojan programm: HTML/ScrInject!!! Why this it occur?

@WAR326 I think its the website itself, Mediafire is pretty sketchy. I've uploaded and changed it to Dropbox, which should be a much less risky site. Armaholic is also a good mirror site, I've posted that link as well. Let me know if you have any more problems downloading it.

DROPBOX:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gqj2rhqx199rdw/VEN_RFX_OVERHAUL.zip?dl=0

ARMAHOLIC:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32744

@Luftpancake could you update this mod on the workshop please? Not sure if you play a3 anymore but the current workshop version is super deprecated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, venom.226 said:

@Luftpancake could you update this mod on the workshop please? Not sure if you play a3 anymore but the current workshop version is super deprecated. 

He hasn't been on since Dec 20th 2017 here, so i made a comment on the workshop page letting him know to refer to the thread here

and update the mod, of course thats if he replies, he is on steam though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1199220204

I love the updates venom, it seriously makes a big difference ingame now, they no longer fall in retarded legs up

their ass or alien bends anymore, it feels very realistic, wonderful job!

• Like 4

I apologize for my inactivity to those who were trying to seek me out, If I may still obtain the permission from Venom.226, I will update the mod on the workshop to the latest version ASAP. 🙂

• Thanks 1

@Luftpancake Hey no worries dude! Thanks for getting back to us, its very much appreciated. Yeah totally go ahead and update it man, the armaholic/dropbox link is the latest version. I've split up the mod into two pbos though, VEN_SP and VEN_MP, and I'm not too sure which one you should post. The SP version has vehicle collisions enabled, while the MP version disables this (ragdoll+vehicles don't work very well in MP and cause a lot of weirdness). Both pbos are exactly the same otherwise.

I'm thinking you should post the MP version, and then post a link to this discussion and the armaholic link in the description of the mod. That way the MP folks won't complain about the flying cars bug, and those who play SP only can have a choice to download the SP version without having to edit any files.

Oh and can you also post a disclaimer saying that this mod doesn't work properly with Project Injury or ACE installed? Having these mods loaded only affects the functionality of my mod, it won't break either of those two.

Again I really appreciate you doing this man, thanks a lot.

venom.226

• Thanks 1

@Luftpancake Excellent, looks good dude. Thank you again for updating!

Also I'm happy to inform ya'll that this mod will be leaving beta pretty shortly, I'm pretty satisfied with the latest version. I'll be updating this mod in a week or two with some very minor tweaks to the physics, most of the major problems with the previous versions have been fixed and there's not much work left to do. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the mod as well, which I'm happy to hear, as this mod was an absolutely MASSIVE pain in the ass to make. Stay tuned guys!

venom.226

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 2/16/2020 at 3:44 AM, venom.226 said:

Also I'm happy to inform ya'll that this mod will be leaving beta pretty shortly, I'm pretty satisfied with the latest version. I'll be updating this mod in a week or two with some very minor tweaks to the physics, most of the major problems with the previous versions have been fixed and there's not much work left to do. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the mod as well, which I'm happy to hear, as this mod was an absolutely MASSIVE pain in the ass to make. Stay tuned guys!

@venom.226 Yet you did not update after version 0.4.1? I have not seen other versions.

I have a version 0.4.1. It seemed to me that after game updating 1.98 (NPhysX libraries), all the same, dead bodies sometimes bounce a little, jumping at times annoying.

I hope your business is not dead and you are planning on updating your mod. Seems to me, it worked better, until the update 1.98, or am I wrong?

After updating the NPhysX libraries, there was no updating of this mod, really mod did not need updating?

EDIT: for some reason my original account is all messed up, rest assured its venom.226.

What's up ya'll, I'm back again. I've been working on a brand-new version of the mod and I'm hoping some of you guys can help beta test my latest build. Download link is right here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6oich4iywwszou/VEN_RFX_BETA.zip?dl=0

I've completely re-worked the mod...again. Basically from scratch this time. Check the readme for more info, there's a good number of new features and bug fixes. Please don't re-upload! The new 1.0 version will be released soon. And don't worry, the 1.0 release will be signed and will also have a key for those that play MP.

Also I need a bit of assistance. Google is failing me so I'm hoping you folks could help me out. I want to include some much-requested CBA settings, like a slider to change the force values, a way to toggle vehicle collisions on and off, that kind of stuff. Here's a snippet of the code that I want to be configurable:

class PhysXParams
{
    epeImpulseDamageCoef=30;
    impulseForceRagdollCoef=200;
    impulseTorqueRagdollCoef=75;
    maxRagdollImpulseForceMagnitude=300;
    maxRagdollImpulseTorqueMagnitude=100;
    ragdollVehicleCollision=1;
};

Any help would be awesome... Hopefully this is possible so i don't have to upload 2 separate versions of the mod.

Anyways thanks for checking this out, looking forward to any good/bad feedback.

venom.226

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/4/2020 at 5:16 AM, VEN0M.226 said:

I want to include some much-requested CBA settings, like a slider to change the force values, a way to toggle vehicle collisions on and off, that kind of stuff

Hey @VEN0M.226. CBA Settings can't directly change config values. There are some workarounds but not in this case. PhysXParams values are read even before profile loading so settings can't be applied to them. Sorry but looks like your wish is not possible 😞

@dystopian1 ah dang that's unfortunate. Thanks for the reply! I kinda suspected that was the case.

Anyways, the mod is pretty much complete, I'll be releasing the MP version (ragdoll collisions disabled) on steam very shortly. I'll post the file with collisions enabled here, for those of you that only play SP like myself. Lots has changed since the beta file I posted, I think ya'll will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Stay tuned guys.

venom.226

• Like 3

@Gunter Severloh hey thanks man, appreciate it but Luft doesn't need to update this. I'm going to be posting my own file and have Luft keep the old mod as a sort of "legacy" version. I appreciate the help though.

@Luftpancake no need to update this mod anymore my man, I'll be taking over with my own file on the workshop. I appreciate you updating the mod over the years but your services are no longer necessary lol. Thanks for your work.

Sorry about the delay guys, I know I said that i'd be updating the mod shortly but i've run into a few compatibility issues. Seems that big mods such as ACE, RHSAFRF, and a few others don't play nice with this mod because they all overwrite my physics changes for some reason, load order doesn't matter. Can't exactly release this mod with so many conflicts so I have to delay the release, sorry for the inconvenience guys. Stay tuned while I try to figure out a solution.

venom.226

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, VEN0M.226 said:

Seems that big mods such as ACE, RHSAFRF, and a few others

At least ACE and CUP don't use PhysX parameters afaik so I doubt you can blame them. RHS are known to be not compatible with any mods so I would ask you to not try to be compatible with them.

16 hours ago, VEN0M.226 said:

Seems that big mods such as ACE, RHSAFRF, and a few others don't play nice with this mod because they all overwrite my physics changes for some reason

Ya i noticed this with RHS, i was messing with a mission i built, and every time i shot a guy instead of falling down like before, they would fall forward flat on their face

then sorta of stay alive and slowly rotate, was weird, almost had to shoot them again to make sure they didn't get up.

Ya something definitely was off, thanks for pointing that out.

23 hours ago, dystopian1 said:

RHS are known to be not compatible with any

I wouldn't say it's true - in fact, it's compatible with majority of mods 😉 Anyway, PhyshX override was meant to be only part of RHS Dev builds and slipped to main branch by accident.

• Thanks 2

Okay guys, I''ve finally done it. 1.0 is now live, and this project has been renamed to Ragdoll Physics Plus+. Its been a very frustrating project to work on, but I feel this is the best version I've released by far. Hope ya'll enjoy it, I put a lot of hours into it. The mod is also now signed and ready to be used in MP... I think.

Also if you're using Ragdoll Effects Overhaul, go ahead and unsubscribe and use RPP instead. Its now deprecated.

Get the new version here!

DROPBOX:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5jxr3skarfwyq1/VEN_RFX_PLUS.zip?dl=0

(SP and MP versions included)

STEAM:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290838143

(MP Only)

Here's a quick video of the mod  in action, some evil merc guys took over a blufor ship and I demo the mod using slowmo and taking the ship back. I figure'd it'd be more interesting than just shooting guys in the arsenal.

(Sorry there's no game audio in this video, my screen cap software was bugged and wouldn't record any game audio output, couldn't be really bothered fixing it)

***RPP v1.0 OVERVIEW***

Thanks for checking out Ragdoll Physics Plus! This mod aims to fix and improve the PhysX ragdoll simulation in A3.

***FEATURES***

-Completely overhauled ragdoll PhysX simulation, including major changes and improvements to joint movement, range of motion and articulation.
-Increased overall friction multiplier, units will now roll and tumble down steep surfaces, instead of just sliding around like they're on ice.
-The weights of certain body parts have been tweaked extensively. Bullets now have much greater feedback on units, resulting in more satisfying and cinematic kills.
-No more bendy knees! (Come on BI, I really had to fix this after 7 years?)
-No more ugly hit reactions!
-Units can now collide with vehicles and PhysX objects such as chairs, tables, boxes, etc. (SP VERSION ONLY!)
-Units will launch into the air when killed by explosives. (Not very realistic, but included by popular request)

***INSTALLATION***

This package comes with two files, SP and MP. Please only pick one! Do not use both at the same time. Also includes a VR test mission.

-For Singleplayer only folks, please install VEN_RFX_PLUS_SP. This pbo has PhysX collisions enabled.

-For server owners/multiplayer, please install VEN_RFX_PLUS_MP. This pbo has disabled PhysX collisions between ragdolls and vehicles, as well as small objects like chairs, tables, etc.
-Disabled because PhysX collisions between ragdolls and PhysX objects causes massive desync issues in MP.
-MP version is signed and ready to be used on your server! This mod is client side only, so make sure everyone on your server has this mod downloaded.

***CURRENT BUGS/ISSUES***

-Ragdolls are still somewhat prone to getting ARMA'd.
-Units will sometimes fly into the sky/sink into the ground when killed during certain animations. (Most notably the self-heal animation, not much I can do about that, sorry)
-Units may fly a bit too high into the sky when killed by 30mm autocannon.
-Found another bug? Let me know on the BI forums or Steam.

***MOD COMPATIBILITY***

This mod should work fine with most other mods, as long as those mods don't edit PhysXParams. There are a few popular mods that are incompatible, however.

-RHSAFRF. No idea why they included their own PhysX params, but as of now RPP is incompatible. RHSUSAF works great though! (According to @reyhard this will hopefully be fixed in a later update, which is good news!)
-Project Injury Reaction. PIR also includes their own PhysX tweaks, however those tweaks are isolated to their own pbo. In theory you could remove PiR_rd.pbo and use my mod instead,  0Y0 has given permission if you want to try.
-Real Hero's Ragdoll mod. Alters the same settings as my mod. Try out both and see which one you like better.
-Ragdoll Effects Overhaul. REO is my old mod and now deprecated, RPP is better in pretty much every way.

-Incon Effects mod, its pretty outdated though and I'm not sure if anyone uses it anymore.

Works with CUP,  ACE, RHSUSAF, and 3CB, to name a few.

*Special thanks to the many VR soldiers who helped me test this mod, hopefully your sacrifices weren't in vain. lol

Enjoy guys! Feedback is always welcome.

venom.226

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VEN0M.226 said:

-ACE. ACE edits PhysXParams with their own ragdoll sim, no way of making RPP compatible. ACE is modular though, so there might be a way to disable their PhysX settings but I honestly have no idea.
-RHSAFRF. No idea why they included their own PhysX params, but as of now RPP is incompatible. RHSUSAF works great though! (According to @reyhard this will hopefully be fixed in a later update, which is good news!)
-Project Injury Reaction. PIR also includes their own PhysX tweaks, however those tweaks are isolated to their own pbo. In theory you could remove PiR_rd.pbo and use my mod instead, but the mod author frowns upon messing with PIR's files, so I probably wouldn't risk it.

About PiR. RD.pbo contain only ragdoll. Removing it, it's ok. No influence on the mod work.

I contacted RHS, they will fix this config and remove the ragdoll.

And i don't see influence from ACE to ragdoll. What files affect this in ACE?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

And i don't see influence from ACE to ragdoll. What files affect this in ACE?

You're right, I just tested my mod with ACE and there is no incompatibility. I assumed there was an incompatibility, under ACE's additional features it says "Improved ragdoll physics". Looks like it works though! Thanks.

Also it looks like I forgot to add the key, I just updated the DropBox link. Now there's a .bikey included.

• Like 1

@venom.226 Hi mate where can i get the blood splatter mod you used in your video ?

Cheers.