venom.226

Ragdoll Physics Plus+ v1.0

On 6/10/2017 at 10:07 PM, scruffy said:

I seem to have trouble running people over in vehicles in multiplayer with this, but can't reproduce it in singleplayer. I use it only clientside, the server does not use it and nobody else yet. Mostly people don't die as easily and stand up after a good hit, sometimes the car is nearly stopped by the impact and if you are unlucky this happens: 

:D

Will need to test further, the video was captured while still using v0.2, but I had trouble running people over with v0.3 today, too. Just no insane flips so far :D

I'll try what happens if the server also uses the addon.

Confirming this happening in MP too

On 22/09/2017 at 5:08 PM, cyruz said:

Confirming this happening in MP too

Confirming as well. Windows dedicated server.

Hm, he did say he adjusted the weights of certain body parts - maybe a unit is insanely heavy now, such that it exceeds the energy of impact from the car

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay. Here's a patch for those of you that play MP- This should fix the flying vehicle bug.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lpmuzLj9UyUnhUU3JjUlFqNGc

I'm pretty sure the problem was caused by allowing ragdolls to collide with vehicles,  which has been disabled in this version. I'm not able to test this, I don't have the game installed at the moment so if you guys could test this out and report back I would really appreciate it.

If you only play SP then you can stick with 0.3, nothing else has changed besides this one simple fix.

Also i'm not opposed to putting this on Steam, I won't do it myself but if someone wants to post it for me, send me a PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Small bug encountered, Using ACE 3 with the Mod.

When the unit is hurt and does an animation on the ground after getting shot, it over wright ACE 3 damage which stops the unit from bleeding and any more damage done to the unit would register, until some point ACE 3 Unconscious Animation overwrite the mod animation... If this can be fixed it would be amazing. I know it's a small bug, but it would help alot :) 

and btw, this mode is great, shame ARMA 3 vanilla dont uses these :( 

Thank You

Hello!

We love this mod in our group. Great job!

Would you mind putting this on the workshop and giving it a proper meta.cpp and mod.cpp so launcher tools can properly name and attribute this mod in server lists? I would be super greatful :)

Thanks!

Ya'll'm'st mind if I upload to Steam workshop to make it more accessible for people while giving you full credit?

@LtBlackFire Hmm, that sounds very strange, I don't use ACE 3 so it could be a mod conflict. I'll check it out when I have some spare time.

@flexgripGlad your group enjoys it! Check out that link Gunter posted, should be exactly what you need.

@Gunter SeverlohThanks for bringing that to my attention, Luftpancake and I got it all sorted out! I'll update the first post with the steam link.

So I want to inform everyone that I'm pretty much finished with updating this mod. The original scope of REO was to simply fix BI's vanilla ragdoll animations, and I believe that this mod achieves that goal in its current state. I'll stick around to squash any bugs that people report, other than that I think i'm done making any changes to the mod itself, unless anyone has any specific criticism that they would like addressed.

venom.226

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, venom.226 said:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Luftpancake and I got it all sorted out! I'll update the first post with the steam link.

Welcome, i was browsing through steam workshop this past sunday and there were a few mods including yours where folks seem to get this idea that

just giving the author "credits" for their work that its ok for them to upload the mod.

I had explained to a couple of guys that its more appropriate to ask first which shows respect for the author's work and time then to just go and upload.

As for Luftpancake, his excuse if you will, was that he wasn't able to contact you, well tbh i dont think he tried, and if he did how did he do it, anyways

i urged him to contact you and im glad you guys got it sorted.

As for the mod i still use it myself in my own WarMod ;) sorry to read you dont plan to update it anymore but i think its working good, thanks for your work Venom!

Does this mod need to be run on client and server or can it be specified as a -serverMod and be optional?

On 13.10.2017 at 2:54 AM, venom.226 said:

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay. Here's a patch for those of you that play MP- This should fix the flying vehicle bug.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lpmuzLj9UyUnhUU3JjUlFqNGc

I'm pretty sure the problem was caused by allowing ragdolls to collide with vehicles,  which has been disabled in this version. I'm not able to test this, I don't have the game installed at the moment so if you guys could test this out and report back I would really appreciate it.

Hey @venom.226.

It looks like 0.4 version is broken. Its size is very small and it doesn't contain any config values.

Could you please fix it and upload?

Hey guys! Got a surprise update for ya'll. I got back into this game recently and noticed that new updates pretty much broke this mod, so i'm happy to present the new 0.4 beta version of RFX. There's an SP and MP version of the mod in the zip file, check out the readme for details.

FEATURES IN V0.4 BETA:

-Re-built most of the mod from scratch, ragdoll joints are now based on actual human range of motion, well as much as the game allows at least.

-Hit animations are disabled

-Knees are now 100% guaranteed to obey human ROM and will never bend into stupid angles. No more immersion breaking physics!

BUGS/GLITCHES:

-Sometimes ragdolls will fly into the air when killed from the prone position. Currently investigating why.

-Occasionally arms will get "stuck" in the torso. Not sure how to fix without breaking the animations completely but i'll continue to work on a fix

-Ragdolls may be a bit too flimsy for your liking at the moment, i'm still working on optimizing the spring and dampening values.

I won't be able to create a video for awhile, but a quick demo mission is included in the ZIP file, which will give you a decent idea of how the new physics will work in the actual game.

Feedback is always appreciated. I won't be able to work on this mod during the weekdays, I work a lot of hours and this mod is also a royal pain to code in general, so new updates/features might be a bit slow. Expect future updates though, I'll try and release a new version every few weeks or so.

Thanks for checking this out guys, and sorry it took a long time to update.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

welcome back venom.226 and thanks for the nice surprise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, venom.226 said:

Features:

[...]

-Ragdoll collision with vehicles and physx objects has been enabled.

I assume the vehicle collision is no longer a part of this mod? Darn shame, so now if they fall they'll clip through vehicles?
I understand why you'd disable it though, seems like the effects in multiplayer must have been really nasty.

7 hours ago, BlackSomethingDown said:

I understand why you'd disable it though, seems like the effects in multiplayer must have been really nasty.

I saw a car flew over 4 feet but 100 km/h straight to the 4-man team and killed two of them that setup a parameter 7 meters far away.
In some case the ragdoll can stop the vehicle running at over 20 kilometers per hour.

@BlackSomethingDown Yeah there's been a lot of reported weirdness when playing multiplayer with vehicle collisions turned on. So I split up the mod into two versions, VEN_SP and VEN_MP. The SP version has the vehicle collisions on while the MP version has these collisions disabled.

@Jono the Cutest Did this happen with version 0.4? Vehicle collisions are supposed to be turned off in the MP version of this mod. I just double checked the code and collisions are indeed set to 0, I'm not sure why that happened.

I'll be pushing a new update this weekend that includes some minor improvements to physics model, the MP version apparently isn't working correctly so I'll take a look at that issue as well. Stay tuned

venom.226

5 hours ago, venom.226 said:

Did this happen with version 0.4?

The video was published last year (2019). Just to show how it could happen if you don't turn off vehicle collisions to BlackSomethingDown.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, venom.226 said:

So I split up the mod into two versions, VEN_SP and VEN_MP. The SP version has the vehicle collisions on while the MP version has these collisions disabled.

hi! should i deactivate VEN_SP if i want to play on the server that have VEN_MP insalled?

@velzevul Yeah, I'd probably go ahead and deactivate the SP version if a server is running the MP version of the mod.

Speaking of MP, if any of you guys run into the flying car bug, please let me know! Its pretty easy to replicate, all you gotta do is be in a MP server and run over an AI with your car.

Thanks ya'll. New update 0.4.1 BETA is rolling out in a few days.

venom.226

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back dude!

Glad to see an update to a much needed feature fix, thanks for your work!

Edited by Dedmen
Remove unnecessary profanity
  • Thanks 1

New update guys! Get v0.4.1 here:

DROPBOX:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gqj2rhqx199rdw/VEN_RFX_OVERHAUL.zip?dl=0

ARMAHOLIC:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32744

CHANGELOG v0.4.1:

-Minor improvements to physics

-Arms won't get stuck in torso anymore

-Ragdolls will no longer fly into the air/glitch out from prone position.

BUGS/GLITCHES:

-Minor clipping issues, ex. arms might phase into the torso but they won't spin around and glitch at least. Should happen pretty rarely, and will be completely fixed in the next update.

INCOMPATIBILITIES:

-Just recently discovered that this addon conflicts with Project Injury Reaction. PiR also edits ragdoll physics, not too sure what it changes but the physics behave differently when PiR is installed.

-Might conflict with ACE and any other mod that changes ragdoll physics as well.

Make sure to drop me some feedback! Enjoy.

venom.226

• Like 4

5 hours ago, venom.226 said:

Just recently discovered that this addon conflicts with Project Injury Reaction. PiR also edits ragdoll physics, not too sure what it changes but the physics behave differently when PiR is installed.

can it be solved by load order? or does physics behaviour changed anyway, if both mods activated, no matter which loaded last?

@velzevul Unfortunately no, I just tested the load order with PiR loaded before my mod, same result happens. The conflict is RD.pbo, which is PiR's version of my mod. There's a workaround though; Make PiR a local mod and then delete RD.pbo from the local folder, that seems to solve the conflict without breaking PiR at all. Just make sure to keep PiR disabled, not unsubscribed, so that you can keep the mod up to date.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, venom.226 said:

delete RD.pbo from the local folder, that seems to solve the conflict without breaking PiR at all.

seems, it is acceptable solution. as far as i know, author of PiR tryed to get rid of jumping and flying effects too. so, if your mod workarounds this problem better, there is no need to use PiR`s pbo in case of using both mods together. thanks.